Bands With *Non-deceased Members You'll Pay Big $ to see Reunite

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I been thinking about this...and I still go with Richie Blackmore's Rainbow :)
    Or maybe the original Alice Cooper band.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    Uncle Tupelo

I'm so bummed I missed out on this band, especially as it seems highly unlikely Jay and Jeff (my two very favorite musicians, together or apart) will ever have again have anything to do with one another. But I was 11 when they broke up, so it's not exactly any fault of my own.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    Spinal Tap.
  • Sunny Day Real Estate
    NERDS!
  • Billy Bragg and Wilco performing Mermaid Ave. 1 and 2
    The Get Up Kids
    The Impossibles
    Pink Floyd
    EV Bridgeschool - October 24, 2004
    San Francisco - July 15/16/18, 2006 Bridgeschool - October 21/22, 2006
    Lollapalooza - August 5,2007
    EV Berkley - April 7/8, 2008 The Who Rock Honors - July 12, 2008
    Outside Lands - August 28, 2009 Seattle - September 21/22, 2009 San Diego - October 9, 2009
  • Pavement
    NERDS!
  • White Zombie
    Faith No More
    Skunk Anansie
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Cosmo wrote:
    Genesis - As long as Peter Gabriel pushes Phil Collins back to the drums and no Su-sudio is sung.
    Great idea!!! I would pay $100+ to see a show with this line-up as long as Steve Hackett was included as well....and Phil Collins could only sing songs from Abacab or earlier. :D

The Dio line-up of Rainbow would also be cool to see.

The 1973 line-up of King Crimson....Fripp, Wetton, Bruford and Cross....would get my attention and $$$$

Sleater-Kinney
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • I'd pay top dollar to see the Misfits with Danzig, Jerry and Doyle. Anyone from their past could do drums.
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    the whole reunion tour and the high priced tickets piss me off

having said that there are very few reunions that i would pay over $100 to see however there is almost no limit to what i would pay to see peter gabriel get back in front of his old band. i came in late and missed the gabriel days and in time found that those old days were the best of all of their years playing together.

talking heads is also i band i never saw and would pay for that reunion.
  • RAT!RAT! Posts: 115
    i'd love to see fugazi get back together and play live again
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    RAT! wrote:
    i'd love to see fugazi get back together and play live again
    I second that. I wear my (obviously bootleg) 13 songs shirt seemingly every other day and constantly have people commending me on it. Clearly the audience is there Ian. Get touring!

:D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • erik768erik768 Posts: 117
    These are groups that I have never seen live before that I would pay top dollar to see the original lineup back together:
    Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Uncle Tupelo, Pink Floyd, Temple of the Dog, REM

Also,
    Anyone interested in seeing a Mad Season reunion with a replacement for Layne?
    PJ
    2003 Tampa 2004 Kissimmee 2007 Chicago 2008 West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia 2009 Toronto, Chicago 1-2, Philadelphia 3-4 2010 New Orleans 2011 PJ20/East Troy 1-2 2012 Atlanta 2013 Baltimore 2016 Miami, Greenville 2018 Boston 1 2020 St. Louis 2022 Nashville, St. Louis 2023 Noblesville, Austin 1-2 2024 Chicago 1-2
    EV
    2009 Atlanta 1-2 2012 Jacksonville
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    erik768 wrote:
    Anyone interested in seeing a Mad Season reunion with a replacement for Layne?
    Good lord no. AIC is one thing. I couldn't imagine anyone but Layne singing Wake Up or River of Deceit. Seether covering River of Deceit was bad enough. If they did it under the name Mad Season I would've hunted them down and killed them.

Besides, the bassist from Mad Season is dead too. It'd just be Mike, Barrett and Lanegan. that would be a cool three piece band though.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • at the drive in.

i would go anywhere in the world and pay any amount of money they were asking.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    MrSmith wrote:
    hum

gnr
    i'm with you GNR but Hum... i always liked the idea of Hum better than the band. very heavy guitars with extremely melodic vocals. i own both of the major label records and i like about half of each. a while back i downloaded the Hum reunion show... terrible quality but somewhat entertaining.

i'm with the people who mentioned Fugazi and the Misfits.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I been thinking about this again...I'm still going with the original Rainbow :D
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    i'm going with none i could care less who gets back together most of the bands that have all the members living ei hate eachother or once uponstage they would look at eachother with that "why in the fuck are we up here look "think about it this way how many of your ex's would you like to get back with me none .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    hobbes wrote:
    at the drive in.

ooooooooooh How can I forget At The Drive-In?!?!?!
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    PHISH

but they cant play any of the crap they wrote after the hiatus
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    jamie uk wrote:
    I been thinking about this again...I'm still going with the original Rainbow :D
    Big $$$...but only if they play "Stargazer" at every show. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    Phish
    GNR
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    1. The Smiths
    2. Pink Floyd
  • Public Enemy
    Eric B. and Rakim
    Jane's Addiction
    Geto Boys
    NERDS!
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    hobbes wrote:
    at the drive in.

Nice. I'll add Godspeed You! Black Emperor and agree with Blink 182... I don't think Pink Floyd and/or Zeppelin would really be worth that much money to see because although they were most likely phenomenal back in the day, they probably wouldn't be so much nowadays, but since people are willing to pay anything to see them, they'd definitely say they were phenomenal because they feel obligated to... since they paid so much money and all.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Soundgarden, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Smiths, Guns'N'Roses, At the Drive In, Kyuss.

also i know they will and it hasnt been long but System of a Down and the "real" Queens of the Stone Age with Nick and Mark.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Kyus
    Screeming Trees
    MLB
    L7
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Kyus
    Screeming Trees
    MLB
    L7
    MLB? Can't be done, Andy's deceased, darling. ;)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    color me badd.
    yes im serious! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!