Alice In Chains New Studio Album

13»

Comments

• hmmm ..
    i've held off on commenting on this for a while. let me put my thoughts like this. i am excited because it is new music from GREAT musicians. wheather they should have stayed as AIC is another story, but hey, no one complained about it on tour, so why now. in a world that's radios are bogged down with grade A shit, we need to take advantage of things like this, whether they go completely as we wished or not. for me, layne was the most significant in the band. he was the AIC image for me. his lyrics and voice and everything have been so effective on me over the years of loving this music. Of course i would want him singing in this more than anything, and it isn't the same without him, no. but it will still be damn good. and i give duvall alot of credit. he has got some balls to fill a huge slot, knowing many people will hate him for it. i dont mean just the album either .. the tour. i think they sound fantastic right now and they are just thinking positive and trying to make soemthing out of what they got. and mr. cantrell is a pretty nifty guy. i see some excellent music commin' our way, true AIC or not.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I agree. I think they probably should of chosen a new name, BUT I am looking forward to the new album and very curious to see how it sounds....same goes for blind melon....
    Very true. Blind Melon wasn't Shannon Hoon, but without him they are not Blind Melon. I will go see them if they come to town however.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • If PJ can add Boom AIC can make a new album!
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,224
    Them-Bones wrote:
    Sean Kinney said that the band is set for money, they don't need money anymore.

I know this is a strange thought but maybe they love the songs they wrote and they wanted to play of them for there fans again.

And if they were really doing it for the money don't you think they would've done it sooner, and don't you think they wouldn't even bother to make a new record, If they just wanted to make a lot of money they could do that by just touring.

I was actually responding to a comment about 90s acts in general reuniting, not AIC specifically.
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    New album = new tour! Awesome!

I stupidly missed their gig at the Astoria last year. Now have an overpowering urge to correct that mistake!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    This is just as bogus and corporate as "reuniting" the Smashing Pumpkins. Shame on Jerry Cantrell.

im starting to think jerry is a piece of shit honestly. when i saw that video of him playing it aint like that with nickelback, i thought that was the biggest insult to layne. i even remember reading an old article where layne said jerry cares too much about fame, while layne didnt. i really think duvall has more respect for layne then jerry. duvall is great anyway.

regardles though, im still buying the album.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Wow, how horrible that they would want to play music, a.k.a. doing their job, and get paid for it.

Jerry Cantrell wrote most of AIC's good music anyway. Let them do what they want, it will still probably end up being at the very least listenable. You know, even if you think it's wrong that they're recording new music, you will want to hear what it sounds like, and some of you haters will even buy the music.
    I believe the children are our future... unless we stop them now...
  • I was skeptical at first, but I saw them a few weeks ago at the Gibson Amphitheater and I was quite impressed! I expected a good show, but it exceeded my expectations, DuVall sounded great.

A new album should be exciting.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • I'm expecting somewhat of an early Alice in Chains type sound where Jerry was the main songwriter. After "Dirt" Layne primarily was the lyricist but regardless of what ppl say, I will buy the new AIC record.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • i liked jerrys solo stuff and i will definitely give this album a fair chance and see them live when they come around
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • I'll buy the record, I think Cantrell is an amazing musician and his contribution to AIC is as dominant as anything Layne did.

I'm not sure about DuVall, I have not really heard him aside from the YouTube cell phone performances!

They should have head hunted Cornell or Mark Lanegan to head the vocals...now that would be something to see!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Just a few thoughts:

- What does it matter if Cantrell is a wanker or not? The important thing is the material they make, having heard them with DuVall I'm optimistic.
    - None of us have contributed to their musical output so we're not in a position to judge whether or not they use the name.
    - If the album is shit we'll still get a tour so it's not so bad.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • If they are gonna tour as AIC, I would prefer new material. Duvall does a good job, but honestly when I saw them it seemed like an overpriced cover band. They put on a good show, but I am still undecided on that concert experience.
    As a die hard AIC fan, it was great to see them for the first time, but it wasn't the Chains that I grew up on. I would like to see them again with a new songs to play.