Mock a musician in First Person POV

13»

Comments

• Dear mom,

Hey. How do you do?

It's raining, here in Baltimore. Or Omaha, or Nashville.. I forget. (There's things I remember... and things I forget.) I've been roaming town to town thinking of all the ghosts in my head, which will not stop until I am dead. I've been sleeping in blue buildings beside the green apple sea. I really, really, really, really need a raincoat. I thought you were going to buy me one but then you didn't.

I miss you. I guess that I should. 3,500 miles away, and you didn't even pack my ipod. Fuck!

Anyway, I'm home tomorrow. Any chance you could stop by the grocery store? Here's the list again in case you forget (There's things I remember... and things I forget):

1 potato (for sorrow)
    2 loaves of bread (for joy)
    3 chocolate eggs (for girls)
    4 remote-control cars (for boys)
    5 lettuces (for silver)
    6 onions (for gold)
    7 packs of toilet tissue (for the secrets, never to be told)

Thanks mom.

Love

Adam Duritz
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Hi there

I'm here... yes over here... hiding behind my drumstick... yeah its me... Karen Carpenter
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Dear mom,

Hey. How do you do?

It's raining, here in Baltimore. Or Omaha, or Nashville.. I forget. (There's things I remember... and things I forget.) I've been roaming town to town thinking of all the ghosts in my head, which will not stop until I am dead. I've been sleeping in blue buildings beside the green apple sea. I really, really, really, really need a raincoat. I thought you were going to buy me one but then you didn't.

I miss you. I guess that I should. 3,500 miles away, and you didn't even pack my ipod. Fuck!

Anyway, I'm home tomorrow. Any chance you could stop by the grocery store? Here's the list again in case you forget (There's things I remember... and things I forget):

1 potato (for sorrow)
    2 loaves of bread (for joy)
    3 chocolate eggs (for girls)
    4 remote-control cars (for boys)
    5 lettuces (for silver)
    6 onions (for gold)
    7 packs of toilet tissue (for the secrets, never to be told)

Thanks mum.

Love

Adam Duritz

This gets my top vote!! LOLZ!!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    dunkman wrote:
    Hi there

I'm here... yes over here... hiding behind my drumstick... yeah its me... Karen Carpenter
    hahaha :D:D:D oh christ... that's harsh but undeniably great.

have you ever heard Tunic (Song for Karen) by Sonic Youth from Goo? It's obviously all about Karen Carpenter and it's sung in the first person so it's relevant for the thread, kinda. There's a really chilling bit at the end:

Hey mum look,
    i'm up here.
    I finally made it ,
    I play in a drumsband too.
    Don't be sad,
    the band doesn't sound half bad
    and I remember mum
    what you said,
    you said "honey...
    you look so underfed"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    I'm John Bonham

I like vodka
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Holy fuckmum, you look kinda familiar. Was your mum a roadie backin the 20's?

Gotta light?

Keith Richards
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    F*** the war
    Fight the establishment
    Down with Vietnam
    I am your reluctant folk hero
    Acoustics forever
    You can't understand a word I say

A few years later

Now, let me plug in my electric guitar
    I think religion is for me
    You still can't understand a word I say

-Bob Dylan
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • gabers wrote:
    This gets my top vote!! LOLZ!!

'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    hahaha :D:D:D oh christ... that's harsh but undeniably great.

have you ever heard Tunic (Song for Karen) by Sonic Youth from Goo? It's obviously all about Karen Carpenter and it's sung in the first person so it's relevant for the thread, kinda. There's a really chilling bit at the end:

Hey mum look,
    i'm up here.
    I finally made it ,
    I play in a drumsband too.
    Don't be sad,
    the band doesn't sound half bad
    and I remember mum
    what you said,
    you said "honey...
    you look so underfed"

Yeah its off Goo, Sonic Youth or at least Thurston and Kim love the Carpenters, they covered them as well.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.