Bob Dylan

DontGotIDDontGotID Posts: 137
edited November 2007 in Other Music
This is random, but ive never realized it. Adam Sandler should play Bob Dylan in a movie. There have been lots of other actors portray him, but now that i look at him, theres a real resemblence...

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallery/17411224/rock_list_the_twentyfive_best_li/photo/5/large/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    See: Love reign over me
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    And just now he got the Nobel prize in literature.

Congrats Bob!
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Congrats, Bob.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Is so overrated in everything artistic he does...i also think his rating as an A hole is justified..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    edited October 2016
    Wma31394 said:

Is so overrated in everything artistic he does...i also think his rating as an A hole is justified..

someone else comes to my mind when you say this
    JWPearl said:

Wma31394 said:

someone else comes to my mind when you say this
    Haha who?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Wma31394 said:

He made almost an entire generation of Americans feel like they had a voice with a half dozen songs, if that isn't art, then I don't know what is.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    edited October 2016
    Wma31394 said:

Is so overrated in everything artistic he does.../blockquote>

• Wma31394 said:

Is so overrated in everything artistic he does...

are you 16 or 17 years old? because you talk as though you don't know a thing about this subject
    edited October 2016

Wma31394 said:

are you 16 or 17 years old? because you talk as though you don't know a thing about this subject
    Haha No im not..i just think he's overrated that's all..you obviously dont..which is fine...
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,834
    Wma31394 said:

Just about every living artist would disagree with you.

• Wma31394 said:

Haha No im not..i just think he's overrated that's all..you obviously dont..which is fine...

and that just goes to show that personal opinions are just that. they don't mean shit.
    so aside from your way off personal opinion can you agree that your opinion might not even be close to being how the majority of music lovers think/feel?
    don't you like the last waltz? forever young? all along the watchtower? you ain't going nowhere? do you or have you even tried to listen to bob's music?
    i don't like/get drake but to say the dude is not talented and well respected is shooting crap...

Wma31394 said:

and that just goes to show that personal opinions are just that. they don't mean shit.
    so aside from your way off personal opinion can you agree that your opinion might not even be close to being how the majority of music lovers think/feel?
    don't you like the last waltz? forever young? all along the watchtower? you ain't going nowhere? do you or have you even tried to listen to bob's music?
    i don't like/get drake but to say the dude is not talented and well respected is shooting crap...
    Sheesh..i won't go into the specifics about why I don't like bob Dylan (never said he didnt have some talent)..quite simply because he doesn't interest me..thus my overrated comment..

But i have to ask..are you 16 or 17 years old? To say Drake is talented and well respected among his peers and im talking about true mc's/hip hop artists is definitely "shooting crap"...

Like you said opinions don't mean crap..
  • yes YOUR opinion. i get it...i really do...
    i'm betting you are saying MJ is over rated as well ?
    http://time.com/4524916/drake-amas-nominations/
    Carry on my wayward son
    There'll be peace when you are done
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    Saying he's culturally overrated because you're personally not interested is a bit self-centered, no?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg

yes YOUR opinion. i get it...i really do...
    i'm betting you are saying MJ is over rated as well ?
    http://time.com/4524916/drake-amas-nominations/
    Carry on my wayward son
    There'll be peace when you are done

Wow my opinion he's overrated really bothers you??
  • AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    Wma31394 said:

It is such amazingly ignorant bullshit when someone tags a musician or performer as overrated simply because they don't like the artistic output. Overrated means lauded for talent when in fact the artist actually has none (sorta like KISS). It would be one thing if Wma just said "I don't like Bob Dylan's music", that's fair. But to say he is overrated in everything he does is ridiculously disingenuous. The man was literally the voice of a generation and was a direct inspiration and influence for countless big time musicians from the 60s onwards to today. Al Kooper, who played the famous organ line on Like A Rolling Stone described his desperation to be a part of that recording session by referring to Dylan as the 5 star general of the revolution and himself as a mere foot soldier. No matter what you may think about him he's still Bob Fucking Dylan, easily one of the greatest musicians of all time.
    edited October 2016
    AceCool said:

Wma31394 said:

It is such amazingly ignorant bullshit when someone tags a musician or performer as overrated simply because they don't like the artistic output. Overrated means lauded for talent when in fact the artist actually has none (sorta like KISS). It would be one thing if Wma just said "I don't like Bob Dylan's music", that's fair. But to say he is overrated in everything he does is ridiculously disingenuous. The man was literally the voice of a generation and was a direct inspiration and influence for countless big time musicians from the 60s onwards to today. Al Kooper, who played the famous organ line on Like A Rolling Stone described his desperation to be a part of that recording session by referring to Dylan as the 5 star general of the revolution and himself as a mere foot soldier. No matter what you may think about him he's still Bob Fucking Dylan, easily one of the greatest musicians of all time.
    I think he's overrated..you guys don't. Great.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    I'm not EVEN going to read any "he's over-rated" trash talk. Phhffftt!

Check this out instead. Congratulations, Bob. Well deserved!

https://www.theguardian.com/books/live/2016/oct/13/nobel-prize-in-literature-2016-liveblog

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:

I'm not EVEN going to read any "he's over-rated" trash talk. Phhffftt!

Check this out instead. Congratulations, Bob. Well deserved!

https://www.theguardian.com/books/live/2016/oct/13/nobel-prize-in-literature-2016-liveblog

indeed. a great read. totally deserving imo
    love this quote, and many other good ones in that link. thanks

“We’re really giving it to Bob Dylan as a great poet – that’s the reason we awarded him the prize. He’s a great poet in the great English tradition, stretching from Milton and Blake onwards. And he’s a very interesting traditionalist, in a highly original way. Not just the written tradition, but also the oral one; not just high literature, but also low literature.”
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734
    AceCool said:

Wma31394 said:

Oh no! Someone has a different opinion than you! This forum is so fucking childish at times.

AceCool said:

Wma31394 said:

Oh no! Someone has a different opinion than you! This forum is so fucking childish at times.
    I suppose what some people regard as childish other people could regard a board populated with people who are quick to overreact and have undeveloped reading comprehension skills. I never once said anything like "you're opinion is wrong because we have a different opinion". He claimed that Bob Dylan was the most overrated artist in everything he does. I argued that just because he personally didn't like Dylan's music (which he said as much) does not make him overrated. I made the point that if he didn't like BD's music that's his prerogative. There is a huge difference between "I don't like his music" and "he's overrated". I then went on to explain that Bob Dylan is not overrated but is, in fact, literally highly rated.
  • Bob Dylan played in Arizona last night and my buddy who's there said he was awful. My buddy typically likes anything live.

He was awful when I saw him too. I left a third into his set- no kidding.

I respect the fact that he has respect from countless people and peers, but I never did get into him as hard as I tried.

I like his No Mercy album mid 80s and can tolerate many of his classics, but he's not on any of my devices and never will be.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Bob Dylan played in Arizona last night and my buddy who's there said he was awful. My buddy typically likes anything live.

I respect the fact that he has respect from countless people and peers, but I never did get into him as hard as I tried.

I like his No Mercy album mid 80s and can tolerate many of his classics, but he's not on any of my devices and never will be.

He's terrible live nowadays, aside from his harmonica skills, but that doesn't change the poetry that entranced the nation.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,918
    edited October 2016

Bob Dylan played in Arizona last night and my buddy who's there said he was awful. My buddy typically likes anything live.

I admit, I also think he's terrible live. But I sort of respect him for going out and doing his thing even if it is terrible. And I respect the fans who have accepted the terribleness and found some kind of fascination with it live.

I have never seen as many people leave an arena, as when I saw him live in Malmoe in 2013 or whenever it was.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • it's about respect. i also haven't been a fan of his live shows since he stopped playing the guitar. seen him more than 15 times over a 30 year time span. loved when he played with the dead and with tpah.
    Where's Bob?? No acknowledgement of winning/receiving the Nobel prize?? Where's Bob?
  • Wma31394 said:

Where's Bob?? No acknowledgement of winning/receiving the Nobel prize?? Where's Bob?

why do you even care?
    After our discussions last week that he's overrated this news story caught my attention..
    edited October 2016
    Wma31394 said:

After our discussions last week that he's overrated this news story caught my attention..

Look, we get it dude. You have no appreciation for Bob Dylan, you've made that abundantly clear. You also have no concept of what the term overrated means.
    Post edited by AceCool on