Bands with dead singers that you miss the most.

Comments

• gabersgabers Posts: 2,787

They're like a cross between Burt Bacharach and Peaches and Herb. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS_wik3Rum8
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    Morrison, Marley and Cobain..wonder what the 3 of them would be doing at the moment
  • gabers wrote:
    They're like a cross between Burt Bacharach and Peaches and Herb. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS_wik3Rum8

Well, I could have picked Sparks. Both of the Mael brothers are still alive, but Ron Mael looked so dead I was more scared of him than the monsters on Doctor Who, when I was about two or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3B0L4mvYFk
  • russmcrussmc Posts: 91
    Just heard Queen is gonna be releasing a new album with Paul Rogers. :(
    Why don't they just call themselves something new, because for me Queen will always be Freddie Mercury.

No matter who sings for the remaining members of The Doors, even Eddie, it's not the same without Jim Morrison.
    Surreal Art that Entices the Mind
    http://www.russmcintosh.com
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Morphine
    Joy Division
    the Clash
    Nirvana
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Well, I could have picked Sparks. Both of the Mael brothers are still alive, but Ron Mael looked so dead I was more scared of him than the monsters on Doctor Who, when I was about two or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3B0L4mvYFk

WTF?! That's some crazy shit. And those British kids were just eating it up. By comparison, Ziggy Stardust seemed almost normal.
  • Blind Melon, of course. :(
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    08/09/95
  • Ramones,Nirvana:(
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Srv
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • 75Tammy7575Tammy75 Posts: 18
    AIC & Sublime
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    russmc wrote:
    Just heard Queen is gonna be releasing a new album with Paul Rogers. :(
    Why don't they just call themselves something new, because for me Queen will always be Freddie Mercury.

No matter who sings for the remaining members of The Doors, even Eddie, it's not the same without Jim Morrison.

I might be wrong, but I think they're calling themselves Queen with Paul Rodgers, not just Queen - which I think is acceptable.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Perry Farrell
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Danimal wrote:
    Perry Farrell
    Perry Farrell was neither dead nor a band last time I heard.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Perry Farrell was neither dead nor a band last time I heard.

Janes Addiction then.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

Danimal wrote:
    Janes Addiction then.
    Perry Farrell is not dead.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Perry Farrell is not dead.

What has he done for me lately?

Danimal wrote:
    What has he done for me lately?
    good call

:cool:
    Ah leave Perry alone, I know he's a great big weirdo, but he's written some belting songs in his time!
    Ah leave Perry alone, I know he's a great big weirdo, but he's written some belting songs in his time!

I think he and his band are awesome.....but I'm just saying.

Danimal wrote:
    I think he and his band are awesome.....but I'm just saying.

Well allegedly they are getting back together again, so there could be some good stuff to come.....
    Well allegedly they are getting back together again, so there could be some good stuff to come.....

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!

I rather enjoyed Strays. I have no idea what the general consensus was on that record, but it sounded pretty solid to me, especially considering the big gap between records.
  • FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
    Dead singer from Band - Layne, hands down

Dead solo singer - Elliott Smith, I didn't get into his tunes until he had already offed himself (possibly murdered, but who knows it still sucks cause he's gone.)
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Alice in Chains....the Beatles...T.Rex
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    INXS
    Nirvana
    The Cars
    Alice In Chains
    The Beatles
    Traveling Wilburys
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    EDIT
    temporary fuckup----
  • Grunge100 wrote:
    Alice in chains
    Mother love bone
    The Doors
    Nirvana
    Same here!
    I'd like to add Janis Joplin and, even tho' she wasnt the main singer, she brought something to the band I'm going to mention: The Velvet Underground!
    "Come on people now, smile on your brother and everybody get together, try to love one another right now!!!!"
    "You my friend, I will defend and if we change, well I love you anyway"
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine, I AM MINE"
  • ComfisComfis Posts: 117
    i would say queen and acdc :O :O and nirvana and doors
    My choice for Radiohead News is InRadiobows.com