Bands with dead singers that you miss the most.

ironlionzion74ironlionzion74 Posts: 75
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Mine would be Blind Melon,Alice In Chains,Grateful Dead,Big Country,INXS,and Nirvana
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The Clash - Joe Strummer (times 10,000)

leaving space ... as it's not even close with any other band ...

also ...

Morphine - Mark Sandman
    Joy Division - Ian Curtis

someone should mention The Beatles - John Lennon ... but, I can't say I miss them NEARLY as much as The Clash.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Michael Hutchence, Joe Strummer, and Bon Scott. I miss the Clash most of all and there's no other lead singer like JS.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    g under p wrote:
    Michael Hutchence, Joe Strummer, and Bon Scott. I miss the Clash most of all and there's no other lead singer like JS.

Peace

people really nead to realize his solo work, with "the Mescaleros" is so damn good ... some of the most underrated work ever ... he's so good on these albums.

Rumor has it, the Clash agreed to reunite at Coachella 2003 ... but, Strummer died in Dec of 2002 ... man, I would have shat my pants seeing the Clash reunited. One of the most heartbreaking non-reunions ever.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    The Clash/ The Mescaleros , I saw both, and The Doors. About the doors, I saw VH1 Classic albums about The Doors self-titled first album. A reminder of the lyric genius of The Lizard king.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    The Clash and Sublime
    NERDS!
  • Right on.All of you are right.And yeah Joe Strummer was something else.That Christmas card he sent out right before his death that's just very sad.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Wasn't Joe Strummer originally slated to open a bunch of pj shows back in 2003 before he passed? I swear I read that somewhere, so I'm just double checking.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • LAYNE STALEY.

Also, i want to extend a "i don't give a fuck" about Kurt Cobain.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'd have to go with Layne Staley from AIC too
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    nirvana
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    1. The Doors

2. Nirvana
    3. Alice in Chains
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Shirley Strachan ~ Skyhooks.

I miss him nearly every day even now.
    I cried when he died and it still makes me sad to think he's gone even now.
    Even after their 4 billion reunion tours :p, it's just would not be the same without Shirl. Irreplaceable.
    I'm still trying to recover from whatever idiot thought it would be a good idea to get Daryl Braithwaite from Sherbert to do vocals for Skyhooks at The Countdown Arena Spectacular. :mad: :rolleyes: Some things are just wrong and I know you old school Aussies will know what I mean. :) Shouldn't have happened.

Bon Scott ~ AC/DC

I still love AC/DC but the Brian Johnson stuff doesn't hold a candle to the Bon era as far as I'm concerned. Bon was a master, an amazing performer, a true rock god and when he died AC/DC died with him for me.

Michael Hutchence ~ INXS

Loved INXS before they became megastars and Michael was always a very charismatic and unique performer. I still remember being in a record store the day his death hit the media and one of my girlfriends called to say. It was a truly sad moment and no matter what INXS do now, EVEN when they've had Jon Stevens front them (and believe me I have 0% criticism for that amazing bloke) it's just not quite right. Nobody can replace Michael.

And he's not really a band, but when Harry Chapin died we really lost somebody special there too.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    Blind Melon

The Band - Richard Manuel and Rick Danko

AIC
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • triangleman12triangleman12 Posts: 193
    Alice in Chains and Blind Melon. If we're talking dead solo artists of recent, Jeff Buckley!
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    blind melon, the doors, alice in chains, and, of course, the clash.

those 4 bands are some of my favorites.
  • Grunge100Grunge100 Posts: 178
    Alice in chains
    Mother love bone
    The Doors
    Nirvana
    Light green to green, dark green, brown..
    Every life is falling down
    Brown to black, it's coming back
    Dies to be part of the ground
    Seed to seedling, root to stem
  • Peters and Lee
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Layne Staley
    Andrew Wood
    Jimi
    Jeff Buckley
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    Nirvana
    Alice In Chains
    Blind Melon
    Sublime
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    AIC, Sublime and The Doors....I would sell a kidney to be able to see Morrison's drunk ass at 65
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    red mos wrote:
    Wasn't Joe Strummer originally slated to open a bunch of pj shows back in 2003 before he passed? I swear I read that somewhere, so I'm just double checking.

It makes sense. I saw Big Audio Dynamite open for PJ during the Vitalogy tour. That would have been a great show.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Peters and Lee

Who??
  • indiffgrlindiffgrl Posts: 39
    The Clash- Joe Strummer
    The Doors- Jim Morrison- I wish I was alive back then to see them live!!!
    Big Brother and the Holding Company- Janis Joplin- She was amazing
    The Beatles- John Lennon and George Harrison (exceptional) Paul McCartney is a sell out!
    Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen....... Learn to forget....... fingers weive quick minarets speak in secret alphabet.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Regardless of AIC's current status, I miss the old band because I miss Layne.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Brad Delp
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the doors
    jimi
    nirvana
    ramones
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    1. Queen - the best singer I ever heard

2. AC-DC

3. Nirvana

4. Clash
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    Another vote for Sublime.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Clash - Joe Strummer (times 10,000)

leaving space ... as it's not even close with any other band ...

Both The Clash and the Mesceleroes (is that spelling right - doens't liek right, oh well). Had the honour of seeing Joe about a month before he passed away, I remeber exactly where I was when I heard the news - still heartbreaking! RIP Joe.

Also Alice in Chains, would have liked the chance to see them live back in the day.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    lennon and harrison for the beatles. more than any other band. i regularly feel the loss of george harrison when i listen to his stuff.

the clash
    AIC