Are Red Hot Chili Peppers Done?

13»

Comments

• Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    my2hands wrote:
    i saw them live in 2003 and they rocked...

is missed this go around for some reason

they are no pearl jam , but they are not bad live
    I saw them twice this leg. They where great. No PJ, but just a great band.

Their Cali tour was the best; http://youtube.com/watch?v=IN7cysVNkF0

How can you not orgasm over that?

(Watch it if you like Dirty Frank)
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Really?

And yet frusciante has yet to record a single second of music with the RHCP that isn't boring, safe, or lame.

How odd.
    Maybe try his solo albums and we'll talk about "safe". He's held back with the chilis who, frankly, fucking suck these days.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Maybe try his solo albums and we'll talk about "safe". He's held back with the chilis who, frankly, fucking suck these days.
    Indeed. Listen to Smile From The Streets You Hold. That album is 'safe'.

;)
    Murderers wrote:
    Indeed. Listen to Smile From The Streets You Hold. That album is 'safe'.

;)
    Enter a Uh is truly one of the most harrowing recordings I have ever heard.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Ricsard wrote:
    so true.
    they should have broken up on the very same day. Ever since he's gone the Chilis are like U2 who just repeat themselves

Have to disagree. The Navarro era was the worst of their post BSSM catolog. HIS GUITAR PLAYING IS EXACTLY WHAT I'D CALL GENERIC. OHM has a few gems, but mostly his guitar ruins the songs. A few songs try to mold to his style and those don't sound like RHCP and aren't very good, IMO. If they would have ended there, we would have missed the best music from them.

And anyone who says they just make "under the bridge style songs" cannot be actually listening to their last 3 albums. They are just making a blanket negative comment on music that they've not actually heard. Cause there is no way that is true of those songs.... at all.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Enter a Uh is truly one of the most harrowing recordings I have ever heard.
    Yeah; that album is chilling. In a good way.

It scared the fuck out of me the first time I listened to it though.
    Murderers wrote:
    Yeah; that album is chilling. In a good way.

It scared the fuck out of me the first time I listened to it though.
    I always tell people that I introduce to it, "if you can get past the first song, this album will blow your mind. if you can't, forget it. you've got no chance".

I think it's amazing personally.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    One thing is for sure, if they write one more fucking song about california they have official lost it and should just end it.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    What's all this Kedis is the weakness bullshit ? He's a good singer writes good songs. SA was a very strong record. Some say he looks uninspired live. I 100% disagree with that. RHCP will be around for many many years to come. The lack of repsect Kedis gets on this board is mind blowing.
    One thing is for sure, if they write one more fucking song about california they have official lost it and should just end it.
    One song about California. ;)
    What's all this Kedis is the weakness bullshit ? He's a good singer writes good songs. SA was a very strong record. Some say he looks uninspired live. I 100% disagree with that. RHCP will be around for many many years to come. The lack of repsect Kedis gets on this board is mind blowing.
    Kiedis was never a good singer. He was an ok funk vocalist 20 years ago. His lyrics are, and always have been, weak. Live he was the absolute source of the problem when I saw them. They were appalling and he was entirely to blame. He had a bad attitude, he was being a dick to John and his heart wasn't in it. Respect is a fragile thing. He needs to earn it back.
  • Murderers wrote:

And what's with the 'RHCP are shit live' comments. Watch Slane Castle like my2hands said. ;)

that is 1 show.

Everyone saying they suck live have seen them on every other show they played.

10,000 bad vs. 1 good

yeah i would say they suck live
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
    that is 1 show.

Everyone saying they suck live have seen them on every other show they played.

10,000 bad vs. 1 good

yeah i would say they suck live
    Have you seen them live 'in person' by any chance?
  • hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    Murderers wrote:
    BSSM, Freaky Styley, and OHM are the bands best.

Uplift Mofo Party Plan and Mothers Milk were both good IMO

Freaky Styley was the best....of course thanks to George Clinton and mountains of cocaine it was great!

personally I wasnt a fan of One Hot Minute
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Come the fuck off it, nearly every other post in this thread is evidence that Stadium Arcadium isn't worth bothering with. And it is my right to think that. You've basically just told me that I can't think RHCP are bad until I've listened to Stadium Arcadium properly... which is a completely ridiculous idea. A couple of their early albums are pretty good. Everything they've done this decade is boring, uninspired dead horse flogging. And by the way, what the fuck is 'cred'? I've heard a lot of Chilli's stuff, I have my evidence... I'm not going to start wearing a baseball cap backwards as well.

Well thank-you for at least admitting that their earlier stuff is good. I'll agree; when SA first came out I was like wow there's some good stuff on here. Then when it finally went to a new fan base, I was a little upset. Actually very. Those people are not true Chili Pepper fans only having Stadium Arcadium. By The Way was a little too mellow for me. Californication was great. But listen to Blood Sugar Sex Magik. Great stuff there.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Murderers wrote:
    Have you seen them live 'in person' by any chance?

Three Times.

Any follow-up questions?
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
    Three Times.

Any follow-up questions?
    Fair enough, but why go see a band that you dislike three times?

I guess you just don't like them live. Each to their own.
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Kedis is a good singer. You claim he dont write good songs. why the hell does he have so many hits then? The same people who saying Kedis cant sing good are the same people listening to, QOTSA there ok but Josh cant sing either.
  • Well thank-you for at least admitting that their earlier stuff is good. I'll agree; when SA first came out I was like wow there's some good stuff on here. Then when it finally went to a new fan base, I was a little upset. Actually very. Those people are not true Chili Pepper fans only having Stadium Arcadium. By The Way was a little too mellow for me. Californication was great. But listen to Blood Sugar Sex Magik. Great stuff there.

BSSM is very good, yes. I'm not contesting the fact that RHCP were, at one point, extremely influential. But they haven't been 'influential' for a very long time. I don't recall any new bands I know of saying that they are influenced by RHCP.. their style for the last ten odd years has been far, far beneath groundbreaking.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • lol... one simple question turned into a huge debate... I for one think Californication, By The Way, and Stadium Arcadium is the BETTER side of Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • lol... one simple question turned into a huge debate... I for one think Californication, By The Way, and Stadium Arcadium is the BETTER side of Red Hot Chili Peppers

Well, I'm glad to read that some hear what is so obvious to my ears.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    lol... one simple question turned into a huge debate... I for one think Californication, By The Way, and Stadium Arcadium is the BETTER side of Red Hot Chili Peppers

I have to agree, loved those albums but I have a special loe for *MOTHER'S MILK* :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    I have to agree, loved those albums but I have a special loe for *MOTHER'S MILK* :)

Peace
    STONE COLD BUSH. :D
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I used to love RHCP. Like love love them. They played here 4 years in a row... it got boring after a while. Then they released Stadium Arcadium and that just did it for me. Maybe my musical taste has changed, but that album, IMO, was just a load of ass. They should have dumped half the songs and made a slightly better 1cd album. I do hope they pick up their game, because I still have respect for them and I'd like them to go out with a bang if they were to go!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Kedis is a good singer. You claim he dont write good songs. why the hell does he have so many hits then? The same people who saying Kedis cant sing good are the same people listening to, QOTSA there ok but Josh cant sing either.
    that's not true. I consider that Kiedis can't sing and I think the same about Josh Homme.
    Why does Kiedis have so many hits ? because people listen to shit ! Why does Britney Spears have so many hits ? Why does Beyonce have so many hits ?
    In fact, I don't think that Kiedis can't sing, I just think he lost his creativity. The "melodies" are always the same. Pity because he has good potentialities (listening to BSSM or OHM, I can't say he can't sing)...

it's stange, with your username, that you don't dislike Kiedis' way of "singing".
    Your username suggests that you like good melodies...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
    Julien wrote:
    that's not true. I consider that Kiedis can't sing and I think the same about Josh Homme.
    Why does Kiedis have so many hits ? because people listen to shit ! Why does Britney Spears have so many hits ? Why does Beyonce have so many hits ?
    In fact, I don't think that Kiedis can't sing, I just think he lost his creativity. The "melodies" are always the same. Pity because he has good potentialities (listening to BSSM or OHM, I can't say he can't sing)...

it's stange, with your username, that you don't dislike Kiedis' way of "singing".
    Your username suggests that you like good melodies...
    The harmonies and melody's on BTW are really really good imo.
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Stadium Arcadium is not the album to leave with. If they want quit on top they shpuld have called it quits afte Blood - Sugar ... or maybe after Californication.
    Think they should take 1 or 2 years off and then give it another try but please not another double album and please something that sounds like the Cili peppers but not like their last 3 albums.
    Schoki wrote:
    Stadium Arcadium is not the album to leave with. If they want quit on top they shpuld have called it quits afte Blood - Sugar ... or maybe after Californication.
    Think they should take 1 or 2 years off and then give it another try but please not another double album and please something that sounds like the Cili peppers but not like their last 3 albums.
    Amen to that. Something funky.