the worst cds you ever bought

13»

Comments

• lephtylephty Posts: 770
    Stabbing Westward - Self Titled

after the awesomeness of Darkest Days (GO GET IT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE IT), the self titled album was the worst pile of garbage i ever bought with high expectations. i tried to listen to it when i first got it. I sat there in the parking lot at the mall and went through the songs, skipping through them mostly. After hearing a few minutes of each song, i decided that it was too terrible to keep. So i threw it like a frisbee into the lot.

funny i just noticed "The Essential Stabbing Westward" does not include a single track from their self titled album and it was released 2 years later=p
  • beegirl420beegirl420 Posts: 26
    the spice girls
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Urban Dance Squad - Mental Floss for the Globe
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    i used to have almost every album bryan adams ever released... on cassette.

Sad thing is I have "Cuts Like A Knife" on vinyl, cassette and CD. I also have Reckless on cassette and CD. But then again I am so old that the albums and cassettes are from my teen years.

I have much worse-that just sit on the shelf (I have sold some but some are so bad no one wants them)

Uh, CrazyTown
    Shaggy
    Creed

I have way more good music than not.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    fada wrote:
    Mask trout replicia Captain beeheart

You suck hard. That album is genius. Although, the fact that you can't spell the title of the album or the artist gives me some comfort.
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    bookmuse wrote:
    Sad thing is I have "Cuts Like A Knife" on vinyl, cassette and CD. I also have Reckless on cassette and CD. But then again I am so old that the albums and cassettes are from my teen years.

I have much worse-that just sit on the shelf (I have sold some but some are so bad no one wants them)

Uh, CrazyTown
    Shaggy
    Creed

I have way more good music than not.

crazy town?
    that is hardcore man :D
    i love rock chicks
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Sugar Ray....heh, I had a bad day.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    sasoj wrote:
    crazy town?
    that is hardcore man :D

It was a moment in time - a very short moment. Want it?
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
    bookmuse wrote:
    It was a moment in time - a very short moment. Want it?

i admit it souds tempting... but i will have say no to your offer
    i love rock chicks
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I'm gonna get reemed for these:

REM- Monster (I only liked 4 songs, and What's the frequency Kenneth? is not one of those 4).
    Garbage- Self titled. Milk was a great Ballad song, but the rest of the album sucks.
    Silver chair- Frogstomp "Tomarrow" was a great song, the rest of the album is god awful.

Rancid- Life won't wait (I think that's what it's called??) Just Terrible.
    Limp Bizkit- Significant other. I don't know what I was thinking.

Luckily, I was able to trade these cd's in for money at a used cd shop
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    MLB5150 wrote:
    How can you not like Bush?!!? (the band)

It really sucks when things are named the same, especially when a lot of people don't like Bush (the president).
    That's a kick ass album. I really liked Razorblade Suitcase as well. Didn't care for the science of things album though. Golden state was good but not as great as the first 2 albums.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    red mos wrote:
    I'm gonna get reemed for these:

REM- Monster (I only liked 4 songs, and What's the frequency Kenneth? is not one of those 4).
    Garbage- Self titled. Milk was a great Ballad song, but the rest of the album sucks.
    Silver chair- Frogstomp "Tomarrow" was a great song, the rest of the album is god awful.

Rancid- Life won't wait (I think that's what it's called??) Just Terrible.
    Limp Bizkit- Significant other. I don't know what I was thinking.

Luckily, I was able to trade these cd's in for money at a used cd shop

i also have the garbage album...
    it is
    hmmm...
    it is just plain
    i love rock chicks
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    I used my hard earned money to pay for:

Paula Abdul - Spellbound
    Ugly Kid Joe - America's Least Wanted
    Slaughter - The Wild Life

At the time these were released, I was making $4 per hour, so I figure after taxes I worked about 15 hours to pay for these CDs. That's an entire week of work when you're 14.
    spnkri wrote:
    I used my hard earned money to pay for:

Paula Abdul - Spellbound
    Ugly Kid Joe - America's Least Wanted
    Slaughter - The Wild Life

At the time these were released, I was making $4 per hour, so I figure after taxes I worked about 15 hours to pay for these CDs. That's an entire week of work when you're 14.

paula abdul is hot for her age ;)
    i love rock chicks
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    Limp Bizkit - any of their albums that I bought
    Korn - any of their albums that I bought
    Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe
    ...I went through a phase of bad music right around the turn of the decade

though the worst CD I ever bought was the Macarena Mix compilation CD....worst buy ever (I seriously think I was possessed by the demon of bad music that day)
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    soclose wrote:
    I have three or four Mudhoney CD's I have no interest in listening to ever again. During my most Pearl Jam obsessed days I thought I *had* to listen to this band because they're from Seattle. I even bought a Mudhoney T-shirt, yet I don't think I every truly liked the music. It just seemed like the cool thing to do at the time.
    Which four Mudhoney albums? If it's one that I don't have, I'll gladly buy them from you.
  • deadmosquitodeadmosquito Posts: 729
    while some of the CDs i've bought are a little embarassing, or i'm just not into them anymore... i can't bear to part with any album i've ever purchased. i just like to have them all. it's funny to look through my albums and find something i never listen to and remember the reason i bought it and to listen to it for shits and giggles.

here's a list of my CDs, including all the "bad" ones:

http://www.cd-tracker.com/item_list_v2.asp?UserID=22162
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    The debut of Nada Surf - what a crappy album.

Take a look in the mirror by Korn.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Russells Crowe's band "30 Odd Foot of Grunts." album.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    Russells Crowe's band "30 Odd Foot of Grunts." album.

:)
    i love rock chicks
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    sasoj wrote:
    :)

I was kind of embarrassed to admitting to buying it. :p. But yeah it's awful.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Tool - 10,000 Days
    Mudvayne - LD 50 and whatev the one after that was
    Savage Garden - Savage Garden
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    Which four Mudhoney albums? If it's one that I don't have, I'll gladly buy them from you.

Piece of Cake
    Tomorrow Hit Today
    My Brother the Cow
    Superfuzz Bigmuff plus Early Singles

They're not for sale though. I may not like them much, but I can't stand to part with any CD I ever buy - no matter how much I may dislike it. And I have to admit that I don't think Mudhoney is the worst band ever. They're just not my thing.:)

After I thought about my post the other day I realized I own something much worse than any Mudhoney album. I have four Dashboard Confessional CD's! Now THAT is sad. What's worse - unlike the Mudhoney CD's, I really adored Dashboard Confessional for about a year. It was my freshman year of college though. We all make mistakes at that age.
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Most people would say S club 7 was a bad buy. But it was so catchy!

Probably back from my dancin' days I would say it was like Ultimate Underground Trance or something. I have no idea what the worst is. I love my music. Not so much the dance music anymore though. I kinda grew out of it by the time I graduated high school.
    Cock Fight.
  • Jeanie wrote:
    I didn't buy it, so I guess I can feel somewhat pleased about that. :D

A friend had it in their collection and I asked to listen to it.

Anyway, he said if you want to listen to it you have to take it, so I did. :eek:

I've listened to it once and it did nothing for me, so ever since, I've been looking for someone to offload it on when they ask me the same question.

So far no one has obliged. ;)
    kd lang is friends with my cousin. i hear she is a really nice person.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.