the worst cds you ever bought

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Why do people think the Future Embrace was that bad.. ? It really, really wasn't..

Oh it really, really, really was!!! BORING!
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    Why do people think the Future Embrace was that bad.. ? It really, really wasn't..

the name of the "famous" new wave album is "the future emberasment"

this was a cd you would expect from durand durand, not from a talented guy like cowboy bill
    i love rock chicks
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073

Especially the song 'Mina Loy'...excellent song.

The worst cd in my collection would be Nickelback. Or is it The Calling? :eek: I went through a bad phase!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    wash_ wrote:
    Especially the song 'Mina Loy'...excellent song.

The worst cd in my collection would be Nickelback. Or is it The Calling? :eek: I went through a bad phase!

ok, ok... mina loy is good
    i love rock chicks
  • I own Nelly's Nellyville and a Puddle of Mudd cd. I've went to confession since then and have absolved myself from the sin of ever buying these CDs.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • MLB5150MLB5150 Posts: 70
    Todd76 wrote:
    Bush - 16 Stone

How can you not like Bush?!!? (the band)

It really sucks when things are named the same, especially when a lot of people don't like Bush (the president).
    "Who did you say you were, replacing might for miracles?" - ajc
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    MLB5150 wrote:
    How can you not like Bush?!!? (the band)

It really sucks when things are named the same, especially when a lot of people don't like Bush (the president).

I treated you bad,
    you bruised my face.
    I couldn't love you more,
    You've got a beautiful taste

......YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......terrible band
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Todd76 wrote:
    I treated you bad,
    you bruised my face.

......terrible band

Sure, a lot of their music sucks. But I do like some of it. Glycerine is one of my favorite songs out of the 90s.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Mask trout replicia Captain beeheart

Silversun second album
    Nevermind
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Todd76 wrote:
    Mother Love Bone - Apple
    Soundgarden - Ultramega OK
    you smoke crack right?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    you smoke crack right?

nope - but I think I must have had flannelitis or grungeorrhea when I bought all the pile of crap albums on my list
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    Momentary Lapse of Reason
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Todd76 wrote:
    Stone Temple Pilots - Core
    Bush - 16 Stone

blasphemy!

ill add... pearl jam- riot act ;)
  • gibbitsgibbits Posts: 507
    though life on display by POM blew, the first album, come clean, was acctually decent IMO
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    Godsmack - s/t
    Creed - human clay
    Live - V

to be fair i wasnt expecting much from creed or godsmack. i just bought those cds. i dont listen to radio so i heard they were good but i had to see it to believe it. as for Live after tdth i didnt think they could do much worse then that. i was horrible wrong. thats the worst album i bought expecting it to be good.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Todd76 wrote:
    nope - but I think I must have had flannelitis or grungeorrhea when I bought all the pile of crap albums on my list
    just because those albums were grunge doesn't mean they are bad.
    Apple is a great album, and this is coming from someone who doesn't think that anything PJ related is inherently amazing.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    just because those albums were grunge doesn't mean they are bad.
    Apple is a great album, and this is coming from someone who doesn't think that anything PJ related is inherently amazing.

I went through a stage where I HAD to own all things SEATTLE....that is not why I think those albums are bad (I used to have several other Soundgarden, AIC, Screaming Trees, Love Battery, Mudhoney etc etc....albums that I used to quite like)....the albums I listed in my original post are just plain bad IMO - I didnt like 'em when I bought 'em and have no desire to hear them ever again
  • sasoj wrote:
    the name of the "famous" new wave album is "the future emberasment"

this was a cd you would expect from durand durand, not from a talented guy like cowboy bill
    It wasn't anything magnificant but it was decent. Some of the songs (Mina Loy..) were downright great. In any case it was far from 'the worst cd i ever bought'.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    When I was 8-10 I was into The Backstreet Boys, NSync, and Britney Spears...

*DUCKS*
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • When I was 8-10 I was into The Backstreet Boys, NSync, and Britney Spears...

*DUCKS*
    It's okay. when I was in fifth grade I got human clay for christmas.. by request. Of course this was long before I even listened to music (by a good 3 years at least) so what the hell did I know? I honestly didn't even like it then... I threw it away and stuck with green day.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Todd76 wrote:
    Stone Temple Pilots - Core
    Bush - 16 Stone

Agreed and also

CandleBox - I forget the title
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    metallica - st. anger

blehh
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i used to have almost every album bryan adams ever released... on cassette.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Godsmack - s/t
    Creed - human clay
    Live - V

to be fair i wasnt expecting much from creed or godsmack. i just bought those cds. i dont listen to radio so i heard they were good but i had to see it to believe it. as for Live after tdth i didnt think they could do much worse then that. i was horrible wrong. thats the worst album i bought expecting it to be good.

I thought The Distance To Here was a pretty solid album, but I totally concur about V - fucking AWFUL album. Their latest album is no better either, shame cause Throwing Copper is an amazing record.
  • MLB5150MLB5150 Posts: 70
    Todd76 wrote:
    I treated you bad,
    you bruised my face.

......terrible band

I'd have to say that would be my least favorite Bush song to be compltely serious. Alien is their best song by hundreds of miles.
    "Who did you say you were, replacing might for miracles?" - ajc
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I have three or four Mudhoney CD's I have no interest in listening to ever again. During my most Pearl Jam obsessed days I thought I *had* to listen to this band because they're from Seattle. I even bought a Mudhoney T-shirt, yet I don't think I every truly liked the music. It just seemed like the cool thing to do at the time.
  • Kris Kross, Totally Crossed Out. Actually that cd is bad ass. I still have it!
    9/16/96, 7/18/98, 11/02/00, 08/4/01, 12/08/02, 4/13/03, 10/22/03, 9/24/04, 3/18/05, 9/01/05, 9/02/05, 7/06/06, 7/07/06, 7/09/06, 7/10/06, 7/20/06
    7/22/06, 7/23/06, 04/07/07, 8/3/07
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Ok, this is embarrassing:

Creed- Human Clay (which I ended up selling to my friend a couple months later for something like $6)
    Chumbawumba - Tubthumping
    Lit - S/T

And even more, but I really don't want to embarrass myself more.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • i have maybe 6,000 or more cd's and alot of them suck..one hit wonders and shit like that so i have made some bad purchases. i keep meaning to go through them and sort out what i don't want anymore to make room but i never do.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    nada surf is the first that comes to mind, lets just say the other songs werent too "popular" with me
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson