Nirvana Haters F**k Off!

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Thanks for a bit of levity Che

I really wasn't trying to stir up a hate-fest. I'm just so sick of people trashing a band that is so important to me. It feels like someone saying my mom gave them head

then i think what you really need is not levity, but puberty. if you're still crying over mom jokes or people dissing your favorite band, you've still got the mentality and emotions of a 14 yr old. shit man, we're all pearl jam fans... shouldn't our skins be thicker by now?

though i agree with vertotrust and think a lot of nirvana haters have penis envy or are just too cool to admit smells like teen spirit kicks the ass of any super secret indie band song.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    why dont lovers fuck off?
    There are three kinds of people that hate Nirvana:

1.)The people that jsut don't liek the music

2.) The people that are pearl jam fans and had penis envy in the early 90's because Nirvana got a lot of credit in the media.

3.) The people that refuse to like anything that a large amount of other people like just to add to the "indie cred" or whatever

I have no problem with group number 1 but 2 and 3 are a bunch of twats that are a black eye on pearl jam's fan community. Ed likes Nirvana.........he even says Nevermind is better than Ten. So does that mean that Ten is extremely overrated?

Its perfectly okay to not like a certian band but its the people that allow bullshit to enter into that equation that just need to go away. Bunch of losers.....

loool

do you really think someone like Eddie would be " like oh yeh ten is way better than nevermind , i dont know how that shit got so popular "?

well i dont think he would.
    I BrisK I wrote:
    loool

do you really think someone like Eddie would be " like oh yeh ten is way better than nevermind , i dont know how that shit got so popular "?

well i dont think he would.

he has explicitly said in interviews that nevermind was a better album than ten. so yeah. i really think ed would say something like that, becos he has.
  • he has explicitly said in interviews that nevermind was a better album than ten. so yeah. i really think ed would say something like that, becos he has.

Maybe he said it to avoid looking like a cocky prick.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    i was actually sleeping while listening to a sing ina dream or something and it was really deep , i miss music
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    No one cares. Oh, and your a douche.
    :) oh dear. he opened up a can of worms...
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    No one cares. Oh, and your a douche.

Wow, quite a compelling argument

and btw, If I ever meet you, I'll give you a literal interpretation of your screen name asshole
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Wow, quite a compelling argument

and btw, If I ever meet you, I'll give you a literal interpretation of your screen name asshole
    good lord man, grow up. you started an immature thread, you got the response you were evidently hoping for so you could try to prove to yourself and the rest of us that anyone who hates nirvana is an asshole. get over it and move on. dont pretend you didn't expect people to take exception to you.

I personally quite like some of nirvana's music, but no more than I like, say, Don't stop believing by Journey. I DO, however, totally despise people who can't accept that some people don't like them because, frankly, for some people they just weren't that good.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    The funny thing is, I really did wake up in a good mood. I was ready to let this bullshit go, but thanks for bringing my bitter hatred back into focus Red.

I owe you one
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

he has explicitly said in interviews that nevermind was a better album than ten. so yeah. i really think ed would say something like that, becos he has.

huh

are you reading correctly?
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    Brainofdz wrote:
    The funny thing is, I really did wake up in a good mood. I was ready to let this bullshit go, but thanks for bringing my bitter hatred back into focus Red.

I owe you one

If you are going to let a fucking internet argument turn your day from good to bad, then I feel sorry for you...

It's fucking music people...not life or death.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
    then i think what you really need is not levity, but puberty. if you're still crying over mom jokes or people dissing your favorite band, you've still got the mentality and emotions of a 14 yr old. shit man, we're all pearl jam fans... shouldn't our skins be thicker by now?

though i agree with vertotrust and think a lot of nirvana haters have penis envy or are just too cool to admit smells like teen spirit kicks the ass of any super secret indie band song.

You are a hypocrite Soul

You are as petty and immature as anyone on this board, and you like to stir shit up with your opinions.

Brainofdz wrote:
    You are a hypocrite Soul

You are as petty and immature as anyone on this board, and you like to stir shit up with your opinions.
    soulsinging has a sense of humour and everyone with any sense takes his shitstirring with a pinch of salt. You started this thread to cause conflict because you are too immature to accept that some people don't like your favourite band. I disagree with almost everything soulsinging ever says (no offence soul) but I've never felt the need to call him on it.
    I BrisK I wrote:
    huh

are you reading correctly?

no i am not :) oops. though red still seems to doubt it.
    Brainofdz wrote:
    You are a hypocrite Soul

i do like to stir shit up cos it's fun. and i like to wind people like you up. but i dont take any of this seriously. and i do it with more style than your ham-handed attempts at shit-talking. i mean, how many times have you threatened to physically beat people up on here? there is nothing more pathetic than someone acting like a hard-on from the safety of an anonymous computer screen.
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    holy shit, wtf happened to this thread. I guess it was all predicted. dude, threadcreatorman, you should've been expecting replies like that as you were pretty much begging for it so quit taking it all so seriously. it's only a stupid internet arguement, and in the end, it's all our individual opinions.

take mine for example, it's not that I hate the band nirvana, as their pretty cool but just lots of their fans that I know that make me like the band less (you, for example) praising them constantly. it just gets really annoying. especially when people I know say shit like nirvana is more talented and better than pearl jam. it is their opinion, it's just wrong though. =D
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    sure it was a shit stir and everyone one of us that replied got sucked in.
    not to be petty and immature but sucked in the lot of yous. :p:D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    i do like to stir shit up cos it's fun. and i like to wind people like you up. but i dont take any of this seriously. and i do it with more style than your ham-handed attempts at shit-talking. i mean, how many times have you threatened to physically beat people up on here? there is nothing more pathetic than someone acting like a hard-on from the safety of an anonymous computer screen.

I was never serious about any of that. I do not consider myself a tough guy on the internet or in person. If thats the impression I gave off than I was wrong and I'm sorry.

Mostly, I do take this stuff as harmless fun. Nirvana is a bit of a sensitive topic with me, but nonetheless, I'm not sitting here gritting my teeth over this. I'm surprised that you of all people can't understand that.

holy shit, wtf happened to this thread. I guess it was all predicted. dude, threadcreatorman, you should've been expecting replies like that as you were pretty much begging for it so quit taking it all so seriously. it's only a stupid internet arguement, and in the end, it's all our individual opinions.

take mine for example, it's not that I hate the band nirvana, as their pretty cool but just lots of their fans that I know that make me like the band less (you, for example) praising them constantly. it just gets really annoying. especially when people I know say shit like nirvana is more talented and better than pearl jam. it is their opinion, it's just wrong though. =D

I don't praise them constantly. I defend them constantly, and I can't for the life of me figure out how so many Pearl Jam fans dislike them. It just doesn't sit well with me. I don't expect anyone to care about my opinion, but I was sick of all the Nirvana bashing, and I decided to vent a bit.

Brainofdz wrote:
    I was never serious about any of that. I do not consider myself a tough guy on the internet or in person. If thats the impression I gave off than I was wrong and I'm sorry.

Mostly, I do take this stuff as harmless fun. Nirvana is a bit of a sensitive topic with me, but nonetheless, I'm not sitting here gritting my teeth over this. I'm surprised that you of all people can't understand that.

well you did promise to make red literally red with your fists if you ever met him... not sure what were supposed to think of that. i still think you need to not take nirvana knocking so personally. jsut be glad you dont feel that way about radiohead... im a total dickhead about them ;)
    Brainofdz wrote:
    I don't praise them constantly. I defend them constantly, and I can't for the life of me figure out how so many Pearl Jam fans dislike them. It just doesn't sit well with me. I don't expect anyone to care about my opinion, but I was sick of all the Nirvana bashing, and I decided to vent a bit.

Stop bashing Jerry Cantrell, and it'll be even. :)
    well you did promise to make red literally red with your fists if you ever met him... not sure what were supposed to think of that. i still think you need to not take nirvana knocking so personally. jsut be glad you dont feel that way about radiohead... im a total dickhead about them ;)

The Red thing was just a stupid play on words. I don't have any hate in my heart for the guy.

And I do feel the same way about Radiohead. We've tangled in the past about them. I guess you forgot.

Brainofdz wrote:
    The Red thing was just a stupid play on words. I don't have any hate in my heart for the guy.

And I do feel the same way about Radiohead. We've tangled in the past about them. I guess you forgot.

ok then you see what i mean :)
    Stop bashing Jerry Cantrell, and it'll be even. :)

Dude, I love Jerry and AIC. I just bashed him out of frustration over how much you guys sweat him, and act like Nirvana doesn't deserve to be in the same conversation as them.

Brainofdz wrote:
    Dude, I love Jerry and AIC. I just bashed him out of frustration over how much you guys sweat him, and act like Nirvana doesn't deserve to be in the same conversation as them.

I have nothing bad to say about Nirvana. I love them. The only record of theirs I do not own is Muddy Banks. I will not discredit them whatsoever. All I ever said is that IN THE MEDIA, they are made out to be Gods...and they're not. They are overrated by the media. You cannot deny that, I don't care how much you like them.
    ok then you see what i mean :)

I'm glad Soul.

Believe me, I think your a funny dude

and I look foward to future battles.

Brainofdz wrote:
    I'm glad Soul.

Believe me, I think your a funny dude

and I look foward to future battles.

you have your moments as well. see you in the next radiohead thread.
    I have nothing bad to say about Nirvana. I love them. The only record of theirs I do not own is Muddy Banks. I will not discredit them whatsoever. All I ever said is that IN THE MEDIA, they are made out to be Gods...and they're not. They are overrated by the media. You cannot deny that, I don't care how much you like them.

I see what your saying, but the media's perception of them shouldn't be held against them. They have no control over that. Mainly, I just wanted to let it be known that this board wasn't going to be all about bashing Nirvana.

Brainofdz wrote:
    I see what your saying, but the media's perception of them shouldn't be held against them. They have no control over that. Mainly, I just wanted to let it be known that this board wasn't going to be all about bashing Nirvana.

I never have, nor will I ever bash Nirvana.

I don't have Pearl Jam penis worship. :D