Nirvana Haters F**k Off!

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I used to like them, but my friends sorta jumped on the bandwagon when we were 14 and I had them rammed down my throat by my other band members for about 3 years. Now I'm not such a big fan. Every so often I like to listen to Nevermind though. It's still decent.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • There are three kinds of people that hate Nirvana:

1.)The people that jsut don't liek the music

2.) The people that are pearl jam fans and had penis envy in the early 90's because Nirvana got a lot of credit in the media.

3.) The people that refuse to like anything that a large amount of other people like just to add to the "indie cred" or whatever

I have no problem with group number 1 but 2 and 3 are a bunch of twats that are a black eye on pearl jam's fan community. Ed likes Nirvana.........he even says Nevermind is better than Ten. So does that mean that Ten is extremely overrated?

Its perfectly okay to not like a certian band but its the people that allow bullshit to enter into that equation that just need to go away. Bunch of losers.....
  • I saw them live at Reading, in 1991. They were good. Not great, but good.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    I credit Nirvana with solidifying the death of the mainstream popularity of garbage 80s rock. For that, i'm forever grateful.

tho i respect your opinion i think Nirvana gets too much credit for the change of music in the 90's...the media just slapped them with the label of revolutionizing music and everyone followed right behind in line when the change was coming regardless
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    I agree with ^. Nirvana is insanely overrated. Kurt isnt that talented of a guitarist, and their music isn't anything mindblowing. Ten >>>>>> Nevermind, and thats not because I'm a "pearljam fanboy". It's what I like. Although I do like Nirvana, I hate all the credit they are awarded with because they weren't anything like The Beatles who "changed music forever". Nirvana is a good band, but I could definitely live without them. The problem is lots of the music that I love would be different if it weren't for them, so I respect them for that. Still, INSANELY overrated, and Nevermind is not THAT great of an album.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I agree with ^. Nirvana is insanely overrated. Kurt isnt that talented of a guitarist, and their music isn't anything mindblowing. Ten >>>>>> Nevermind, and thats not because I'm a "pearljam fanboy". It's what I like. Although I do like Nirvana, I hate all the credit they are awarded with because they weren't anything like The Beatles who "changed music forever". Nirvana is a good band, but I could definitely live without them. The problem is lots of the music that I love would be different if it weren't for them, so I respect them for that. Still, INSANELY overrated, and Nevermind is not THAT great of an album.

yes but it IS possible most of us would never have heard of pearl jam if smells like teen spirit hadnt become the gigantic hit it was.
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    yes but it IS possible most of us would never have heard of pearl jam if smells like teen spirit hadnt become the gigantic hit it was.

yeah thats why I said "The problem is lots of the music that I love would be different if it weren't for them, so I respect them for that."

lol

didnt only mean different but I also meant like we wouldnt hear about it and lots of shit like that.
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    I absolutley do not like Nirvana...why does it matter to you?

With the shitty metal I hear you talk about, I'm glad you don't like them

btw, nothing personal
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    No. I'm entitled to hate them. I don't go about making threads saying nirvana lovers fuck off, my reason being that it's your choice to like them in much the same way as it's my choice not to. Incidentally, one of my reasons for not liking them is the fact that Kurt was so intolerant of things that weren't to his taste. does it run in his fans too?

You wanna talk about intolerance. When I don't like a band or an issue, I might take an occasional dig at them. On the other hand, I'm forced everyday to read such obcessively biased slander on my heroes, that I've had enough. I can't understand the giddy pleasure these fools get in trashing Nirvana.

Is it because Kurt said something about Eddie and Pearl Jam, or that Nirvana were more of the critics darlings? Well those are petty reasons to hate a historic band. Kurt eventually apologized to Eddie and it was forgiven. Why can't you people let it go?
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

culot4 wrote:
    Pretty corny stuff. Is a tital wave more destructive than a tidal wave?

Yeah, so is using the most trite Jerry Garcia quote in the history of the dead as your signature

and to bring up a spelling error, does it really change the meaning of what I had to say?

C'mon with this bullshit!

• Cobain was a poser.

I honestly question if his death was out of knowing that he would remain practically immortal. I really do.

He was a fake and the music was borderline decent. Thats about it.

Nirvana was the only band that could fit the description of "grunge" and every other band was handed that title regardless of if they deserved or wanted it.

Its really a shame that they get the credit they do. They were an average band at best.
    pjalive21 wrote:
    tho i respect your opinion i think Nirvana gets too much credit for the change of music in the 90's...the media just slapped them with the label of revolutionizing music and everyone followed right behind in line when the change was coming regardless

No its quite literal. In 1990, not one rock album went to number 1, which led some industry people to phrophesize the end of rock. When Nevermind went to #1, it did so buy jumping over Garth Brooks, Hammer, and Michael Jackson

For better or worse, this opened the floodgates for average people to discover great music. I don't mean to suggest that #1 albums are the benchmark of great music.

What I am saying is that Nirvana changed the way I felt about music and opened me up to countless other great bands as a chain reaction.

and for that they will always hold a special place in my heart

You say the change was coming regardless, but it took a special band to kick the door in, and it was much more than being in the right place at the right time.

• culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Yeah, so is using the most trite Jerry Garcia quote in the history of the dead as your signature
    Dude you're reaching. Everything you write is overly aggressive so be prepared to have it thrown right back at you. Don't you think this topic has already been covered a million times. Do you really think you're bringing anything new. Try hitting search and then Nirvana and see what happens. I'm trying to be careful here as I can see that you're from "da hood". When you're not busting caps and taking your baby's mama to the swap meet you're at home listening to Pearl Jam and talking like a guy who wasn't even around when Nirvana was. For lack of something more original, it certainly does appear the best part of you ran down your mother's leg. You bring nothing to the board except for toxic bile and posts intended to instigate childish arguements. At least you're famous.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/culot4/dorquemada.jpg
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
    culot4 wrote:
    Dude you're reaching. Everything you write is overly aggressive so be prepared to have it thrown right back at you. Don't you think this topic has already been covered a million times. Do you really think you're bringing anything new. Try hitting search and then Nirvana and see what happens. I'm trying to be careful here as I can see that you're from "da hood". When you're not busting caps and taking your baby's mama to the swap meet you're at home listening to Pearl Jam and talking like a guy who wasn't even around when Nirvana was. For lack of something more original, it certainly does appear the best part of you ran down your mother's leg. You bring nothing to the board except for toxic bile and posts intended to instigate childish arguements. At least you're famous.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/culot4/dorquemada.jpg

I'm sick of hearing my favorite band trashed. Don't worry, you won't hear from me again. Wouldn't wanna ruin your good vibes bro.

• culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Brainofdz wrote:
    I'm sick of hearing my favorite band trashed. Don't worry, you won't hear from me again. Wouldn't wanna ruin your good vibes bro.

I loved Nirvana but I'm not going to tell the people who don't agree with me to fuck off. Thats all I'm saying.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    anybody hear this song that courtney love did with kurt cobain? i just downloaded it today, i think its called "asking for it"? pretty good, interesting
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    i just heard "breed" being played on that video game commercial *cringe*
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • i agree with the original posters. Nirvana changed my life. They along with Pearl Jam, Alice and Soundgarden defined music of the 90's. They altered the way I thought about music. it was music with a purpose and with a goal. It was about art and expressing emotion. There was a feeling that all these bands, and the power of the up and coming Gen Xers could change the world and that a movement like our parents the hippies had, was coming into fruition.

Nirvana changed everything. I dont know why they recieve so much hate on this board.

Nirvana along with the other bands of that era defined my childhood. There was a feeling that this was a really special time. i remember it clearly. This feeling that this was like a revolutionary time. Kids were running away, dropping out and all that. It was music that spoke to and for kids who were disillusioned, lost and worried about the future.

Far from being maligned and made fun of, Nirvana should be praised.

I think alot of people realize this but it should be stated for the record, the early 90's were the last time music was really real so to speak, it was the last time music felt powerful as a movement. There have been other bands since that time, that have been really good, and Pearl jam is the only band of that time and place to continue on save Mudhoney and the reunited other early 90's bands. There was an authenticity to that music and that time period that has never been duplicated not even come close to duplicating.

Put simply, my life before nirvana and the grunge scene was black and white, during the grunge scene it was technicolored
    i agree with the original posters. Nirvana changed my life. They along with Pearl Jam, Alice and Soundgarden defined music of the 90's. They altered the way I thought about music. it was music with a purpose and with a goal. It was about art and expressing emotion. There was a feeling that all these bands, and the power of the up and coming Gen Xers could change the world and that a movement like our parents the hippies had, was coming into fruition.

Nirvana changed everything. I dont know why they recieve so much hate on this board.

Nirvana along with the other bands of that era defined my childhood. There was a feeling that this was a really special time. i remember it clearly. This feeling that this was like a revolutionary time. Kids were running away, dropping out and all that. It was music that spoke to and for kids who were disillusioned, lost and worried about the future.

Far from being maligned and made fun of, Nirvana should be praised.

I think alot of people realize this but it should be stated for the record, the early 90's were the last time music was really real so to speak, it was the last time music felt powerful as a movement. There have been other bands since that time, that have been really good, and Pearl jam is the only band of that time and place to continue on save Mudhoney and the reunited other early 90's bands. There was an authenticity to that music and that time period that has never been duplicated not even come close to duplicating.

Put simply, my life before nirvana and the grunge scene was black and white, during the grunge scene it was technicolored

Thanks for a bit of levity Che

I really wasn't trying to stir up a hate-fest. I'm just so sick of people trashing a band that is so important to me. It feels like someone saying my mom gave them head

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Thanks for a bit of levity Che

I really wasn't trying to stir up a hate-fest. I'm just so sick of people trashing a band that is so important to me. It feels like someone saying my mom gave them head

you know i love nirvana, but in no way is someone dissing them comparable to someone saying my mum gave them head. couldn't you think of something else?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    you know i love nirvana, but in no way is someone dissing them comparable to someone saying my mum gave them head. couldn't you think of something else?

go, cate ;]
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Brainofdz wrote:
    You got me there. It was real late when I posted and I just wanted to have some interesting responses to look foward to for today.

So some of my thoughts on Nirvana

They were the most important band of my generation. Without them I might still be listening to Aerosmith, GNR, and Metallica.I may never have been turned on to classic indie, not to mention punk and grunge.

They started a tital wave in my life that I feel strongly to this day. It wasn't just about the songs which are amazing. It was an attitude, a philosophy.

Was some of it an illusion in my head?
    Probably

But nonetheless, everytime I listen to Nirvana, I feel that fire burning bright and proud. Every time I see a picture Of Kurt I feel a profound sadness. He was my hero, and what he did was unforgivable.

but I'm not going to sit by and listen to a bunch of assholes who probably don't know shit about music, piss all over him and Nirvana

not without having my say

You are an idiot. Who are you to say that someone doesn't know anything about music because they disagree with you? And what's wrong with Aerosmith, GNR, and Metallica? What are you to hip to listen to music that sells a lot? Like your any better than the people that do listen to them because you like "classic indie". Go cry over a Cobain picture, jackass.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • Brainofdz wrote:
    With the shitty metal I hear you talk about, I'm glad you don't like them

btw, nothing personal

Your a douche.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • Brainofdz wrote:
    You wanna talk about intolerance. When I don't like a band or an issue, I might take an occasional dig at them. On the other hand, I'm forced everyday to read such obcessively biased slander on my heroes, that I've had enough. I can't understand the giddy pleasure these fools get in trashing Nirvana.

Is it because Kurt said something about Eddie and Pearl Jam, or that Nirvana were more of the critics darlings? Well those are petty reasons to hate a historic band. Kurt eventually apologized to Eddie and it was forgiven. Why can't you people let it go?

Your a douche.
  • Brainofdz wrote:
    No its quite literal. In 1990, not one rock album went to number 1, which led some industry people to phrophesize the end of rock. When Nevermind went to #1, it did so buy jumping over Garth Brooks, Hammer, and Michael Jackson

For better or worse, this opened the floodgates for average people to discover great music. I don't mean to suggest that #1 albums are the benchmark of great music.

What I am saying is that Nirvana changed the way I felt about music and opened me up to countless other great bands as a chain reaction.

and for that they will always hold a special place in my heart

You say the change was coming regardless, but it took a special band to kick the door in, and it was much more than being in the right place at the right time.

No one cares. Oh, and your a douche.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Brainofdz wrote:
    This should be good

And away we go

SO'S YOUR FACE!!!
    I love these threads :D
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Damn I just read through the thread, it's not as fun when people argue for real. Ah well, I'l try and remedy the situation.
    Who's better: Ninjas or Pirates? :)
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Binaural wrote:
    Damn I just read through the thread, it's not as fun when people argue for real. Ah well, I'l try and remedy the situation.
    Who's better: Ninjas or Pirates? :)

NINJAS!!!!
  • mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    There are three kinds of people that hate Nirvana:

1.)The people that jsut don't liek the music

2.) The people that are pearl jam fans and had penis envy in the early 90's because Nirvana got a lot of credit in the media.

3.) The people that refuse to like anything that a large amount of other people like just to add to the "indie cred" or whatever

I have no problem with group number 1 but 2 and 3 are a bunch of twats that are a black eye on pearl jam's fan community. Ed likes Nirvana.........he even says Nevermind is better than Ten. So does that mean that Ten is extremely overrated?

Its perfectly okay to not like a certian band but its the people that allow bullshit to enter into that equation that just need to go away. Bunch of losers.....

Stop the train, I completely agree with you.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!