Am I the only person...

13»

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Oh I agree...

and I think they're overrated :p:)

I just don't understand the hype behind them. They were played on Radio 1 yesterday and I don't think Jo Whiley could physically fit anymore 'Awesome's in one sentance :rolleyes:

I appreciate that alot of people like them but I just don't think they're anything special.

I'm with you there Sian, I bought a cd of them cos of all the plaudits I read here...I got to track 3 and it's never gone in the player again :) just not my thing.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    I've always thought they should try hoovering cocaine, see what comes out of it. Could be their greatest moment..
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    elmer wrote:
    I've always thought they should try hoovering cocaine, see what comes out of it. Could be their greatest moment..
    I totally agree.

Btw, let Page use a bow..he is fucking Jimmy Page..even if it was because he thought it was cool.
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    wow! i watched the svefngr clip that was posted. if it wasnt so annoying id have fallen asleep. i made it nearly 6 minutes into that....all i could take. that song could have been probably 5 minutes if they didnt drag every part of it out.

are they like the new tool? where everything they do is considered perfect and great, yet all they really do is the same thing over and over.
  • wow! i watched the svefngr clip that was posted. if it wasnt so annoying id have fallen asleep. i made it nearly 6 minutes into that....all i could take. that song could have been probably 5 minutes if they didnt drag every part of it out.

are they like the new tool? where everything they do is considered perfect and great, yet all they really do is the same thing over and over.

My sentiments exactly! :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    I have a friend who won't give them more than a passing chance because they are apparently 'like Radiohead'. :rolleyes:
    If I were to compare them to a band it would be godspeed you!. What I love with Sigur Ros (as with godspeed) is the ascensions during the songs which make shiver. Bands that can make me feel things like that through simple musical rise conform to my definition of (edit: musical) genius.
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    No, my mtnbiking friend! You're not alone. I am right there riding a single file behind you on this! :-)

:D Thanks!
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    who believes Sigur Ros are overrated? :confused:

...probably :o

No...I completely agree...they're one of those bands that I just can't see the fuss over.

Interpol and Arcade Fire are also on that list
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I've never listened enough to rate them. I always fall asleep after a handful of notes :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    If you want to get someone started on a band, then posting a Youtube clip that lasts 11 minutes probably isn't the best way to convert them.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    muppet wrote:
    If you want to get someone started on a band, then posting a Youtube clip that lasts 11 minutes probably isn't the best way to convert them.

You don't understand. That's their shortest piece.

:p
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Kann wrote:
    If I were to compare them to a band it would be godspeed you!. What I love with Sigur Ros (as with godspeed) is the ascensions during the songs which make shiver. Bands that can make me feel things like that through simple musical rise conform to my definition of (edit: musical) genius.
    GY!BE are really the band that should have occupy the place that Sigur Ros do in music at the moment but they just never had the same success. My favourite band in the world. Of course, the people here complaining about Sigur Ros songs being too long wouldn't like them :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    who believes Sigur Ros are overrated? :confused:

...probably :o

ironic considering you are an Alanis Morisette fan ;)

p.s. maybe email her my post so she can see what ironic really means. ok maybe not.. its sooooo 1995
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    No...I completely agree...they're one of those bands that I just can't see the fuss over.

Interpol and Arcade Fire are also on that list

dont you like Idlewild?

i rest my case.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Do you think they are actually bad or just not your thing?

I don't see how they are OVERrated. People judge them according to how much they enjoy them and the insane gushing and overwhelming praise from this band is due to how they make some people feel. "Overrated" is such an odd expression to use to describe anything as subjective as music.

I'm not the biggest fan in the world but I do like them a lot and defy any one to say this is overrated >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWR-jJ3v1pk

:)

Great post! :)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde