NIN new album available online right now!

Donk34Donk34 Posts: 1
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Hey guys its just been announced at NIN.com that trent is releasing a 36 track instrumental record available for download right now. You can download the first 9 tracks for free or get the full download for a $5 dollar download. This is really awsome, I dont know what to expect from a fully instrumental release but it should be interesting non the less!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• theroachmantheroachman Posts: 362
    who produced it?

Doug???
    I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

The Tie-Dye Lady is HOT!!!
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    I Was Just Going To Post This! This Is Insane! Trent Is Awesome!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    nin.com is so swamped.. streaming is working but i can't get the purchase pages to work=(
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    oh
    your
    god

thank you!!!!!
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    what a great surprise to come home to
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • leafs4everleafs4ever Posts: 833
    thanks for letting me know about this. Just listening to the stream now, sounds pretty good so far... i'm going for the $10 2 cd set
    thanks again
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
    ^%*&%^(*&^&^*&^)(*&)*(&*)(&&*() server.. i keep timing out.. scared to redo it because of what happened with the Ed Solo tickets=p
  • Thank you for posting this!!!!!
    I wish I could buy it
    after hitting refresh over 9000 times, i got everything to work and got my download link in my email. got the $10 cd set thing.. might order the $75 thing after a bit more thought.

if you read the more info tab about Ghosts, it lists this website which is beautifully designed and you can also order the uber packages.

http://www.ainr.com/
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i ordered the $10 set. will also most likely get the $75 set later.
  • got the 5 dollar download off amazon

For anyone wondering:

imagine The Fragile, With Teeth, and Year Zero thrown into a blender. Remove all the vocals. That's what this is. It's like the soundtrack to a psycho thriller movie.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • got the 5 dollar download off amazon

For anyone wondering:

imagine The Fragile, With Teeth, and Year Zero thrown into a blender. Remove all the vocals. That's what this is. It's like the soundtrack to a psycho thriller movie.

Yeah man, I was thinking The Fragile & Year Zero. Especially the first few tracks. They're kinda mellow like some of The Fragiles instrumentals, but the sounds themselves sound like those from Year Zero.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I've finally got the download going, it seems their servers are screwed at the moment! Looking forward to hearing it, what an awesome surprise to find on a monday morning!
  • Downloading it now. $5 is a good deal.
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    thanks for the tip!! :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
    "soundtrack for daydreams"...
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Just ordered the $300 super deluxe set. I'm disappointed it was so expensive to get the vinyl, but I had to get it since my wife loves Trent.
    My download kept cutting out and I was getting error messages, now it says I've exceeded the download limit! I've emailed the support team but had no reply, dammit I really wanna hear this record!
  • NeilJam wrote:
    Just ordered the $300 super deluxe set. I'm disappointed it was so expensive to get the vinyl, but I had to get it since my wife loves Trent.
    I'm at home since 4 hours, thinking about which one to get. :confused: :eek:
    I'll get the 75$ one now I guess. Been thinking about it for ages, but I can't justify 300$. Ooohhh I'm gonna regret that, I'm so gonna regret that. :D
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • Is it loud like Year Zero, or better produced like The Fragile?
    My download kept cutting out and I was getting error messages, now it says I've exceeded the download limit! I've emailed the support team but had no reply, dammit I really wanna hear this record!
    from trent:

Update: The response to this album has been overwhelming, causing our website to slow to a crawl. We THOUGHT we were ready, but…
    We’ve been adding more servers to accommodate the unexpected demand and we expect to be running smoothly in the next few hours. In the meantime, if you’ve had any problems with downloads from the Ghosts site, don’t worry - you’ll be able to use your download link again when the site is more stable. Thanks everyone for making this such an immediate success.
    mensane wrote:
    from trent:

Update: The response to this album has been overwhelming, causing our website to slow to a crawl. We THOUGHT we were ready, but…
    We’ve been adding more servers to accommodate the unexpected demand and we expect to be running smoothly in the next few hours. In the meantime, if you’ve had any problems with downloads from the Ghosts site, don’t worry - you’ll be able to use your download link again when the site is more stable. Thanks everyone for making this such an immediate success.

Yeah I read that a few hours ago, still not fixed :( arggghh it's driving me mad. to top things off my pc is being a pain in the arse!
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Have any of you tried some torrent sites? I paid for the $5 version but I couldn't download it at all, so I downloaded a torrent of it.

Usually I wouldn't even bother paying. I'm a bit selfish like that. But I just think that this is an amazingly cool thing to do for fans of the band and I felt like I needed to show some support.
    it's on amazon for $5. if you are anxious to get it immediately, just get it there. still a great deal.

i am about 10 tracks into it and i LOVE it.
    I'm at home since 4 hours, thinking about which one to get. :confused: :eek:
    I'll get the 75$ one now I guess. Been thinking about it for ages, but I can't justify 300$. Ooohhh I'm gonna regret that, I'm so gonna regret that. :D

the $300 set is super sweet.
  • doujodoujo Posts: 285
    hell yea...can't wait to get out of work and listen to this.
    muppet wrote:
    Have any of you tried some torrent sites? I paid for the $5 version but I couldn't download it at all, so I downloaded a torrent of it.

Usually I wouldn't even bother paying. I'm a bit selfish like that. But I just think that this is an amazingly cool thing to do for fans of the band and I felt like I needed to show some support.

Yeah the torrent is going at snails pace too, I may have to give in and buy it again from amazon - though I'm really skint at the moment and I could really do without paying for an album I already own again, plus there's a principle involved there somewhere.....but dammit the anticipation is killing me!
  • JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    The download is taking forever for me...not very fast speeds. It will probably get faster later on in the day.