Cornell's new abum produced by Timberland?

Comments

• Watch this clip and substitute Vanilla Ice or MC Hammer with Timberlake. This bit is still just as relative today as it was when the great man said it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10w3FuCwfQ

Again the ignorance of comparing Justin with those two... but what am I to expect when you call a comedian a great man :rolleyes:
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Again the ignorance of comparing Justin with those two... but what am I to expect when you call a comedian a great man :rolleyes:

Bill Hicks was more of a philosopher than a comedian. Check him out, you might learn something.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • CC is dead to me
    the Minions
  • PJGARDEN wrote:
    I'll look at this as a good sign it won't sound like the last album.

Yeah, it can't be any worse? Can it?
    NERDS!
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Yeah, it can't be any worse? Can it?

There's nothing wrong with his last album.
  • So what? He had a picture taken with the Nickelback douche...."Oh my god he's sold out!" Chris is not the kind of bloke who is going to refuse a picture with a fan, and that Nickelback guy is a massive Soundgarden fan.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    ii44 wrote:

Oh be honest. It was awful. :p
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • ii44 wrote:

There's nothing right about it either.
    NERDS!
  • tonadax wrote:

i think i just threw up a bit...
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • I actually like some jt tracks, I just dont think he would have the balls to duet with cornell. they have totally different styles, and cc is phenomenal live, whereas you cant really hear jt singing coz of the fx and screaming girlies.
  • ii44 wrote:
    Exactly. Sure, he experimented with a few different styles and it's probably the worst album of his career by anyone's standards, but it's by no means a BAD album.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    So what? He had a picture taken with the Nickelback douche...."Oh my god he's sold out!" Chris is not the kind of bloke who is going to refuse a picture with a fan, and that Nickelback guy is a massive Soundgarden fan.

He couldn't be THAT big of a SG fan or else their music would be better.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSW wrote:

that would of course require a little more talent, talent he does not possess.
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    <looks for a "puking" emoticon>
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Great, This dickhead pretty much is responsible for the shitty music of today and now he wants to ruin Cornell. Wonderful.

He even made Jay-Z's music sound like trash!
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    justam wrote:
    The new cd is going to have to be better than the last one or I won't buy another solo one.

i am the biggest SG and CC fan but his solo albums have been god awful..

I welcome any new producer..

and the people that make fun of CC as being too commercial have undoubtedly never seen the "Slaves and Buildozers" close to his shows..

No sing along parts there!

Just pure devil music!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    locked wrote:
    and the people that make fun of CC as being too commercial have undoubtedly never seen the "Slaves and Buildozers" close to his shows..

No sing along parts there!

Just pure devil music!

Isn't that the one he does the Jesus is My Friend tag? :confused:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Umm...Carry On was produced by Steve Lillywhite....

http://www.amazon.com/Carry-Chris-Cornell/dp/B000PDZJ08
    ^read the product description there

In fact, here's a pic:
    http://chriscornell.org.uk/images/1301815138_l.jpg
    And more info:
    http://chriscornell.org.uk/articles/chatwithstevelillywhite.htm

Oh you're talking about a NEW CD...well that would suck balls, if it was true.
  • Duder5k wrote:
    Oh you're talking about a NEW CD...well that would suck balls, if it was true.

Well that would be more dependent on the material, rather than the production job. I mean no amount of studio polish was going to bring Carry On up to par.
  • Before you all rubbish the idea of this collaboration (which as I said on my news page, is by no means confirmed yet...) you might like to check out the Wikipedia list of people Timbaland has produced - it includes alternative artists like Bjork and Beck as well as pop & rap acts.

If it does turn out to be true, my best guess would be that the choice indicates that Chris is wanting to go in an old-school R&B/soul direction. I could be wrong, but it's been in him since TOTD days and before, and I get the distinct feeling that's the direction he was trying to pull Audioslave in latterly...only they kicked and screamed. Revelations certainly had more soulful, funky songs on it - and Carry On included songs like "Your Soul Today" which reminded me of Free, not to mention "Safe and Sound" which was very soulful. Remember "When I'm Down" from Euphoria Morning, too.

Clare
    http://www.chriscornell.org.uk
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • Before you all rubbish the idea of this collaboration (which as I said on my news page, is by no means confirmed yet...) you might like to check out the Wikipedia list of people Timbaland has produced - it includes alternative artists like Bjork and Beck as well as pop & rap acts.

If it does turn out to be true, my best guess would be that the choice indicates that Chris is wanting to go in an old-school R&B/soul direction. I could be wrong, but it's been in him since TOTD days and before, and I get the distinct feeling that's the direction he was trying to pull Audioslave in latterly...only they kicked and screamed. Revelations certainly had more soulful, funky songs on it - and Carry On included songs like "Your Soul Today" which reminded me of Free, not to mention "Safe and Sound" which was very soulful. Remember "When I'm Down" from Euphoria Morning, too.

Clare

That would be awesome if he went in a more soulful direction, providing he doesn't ignore his heavier roots too.
  • Cropduster, I mostly agree with what you said about PJ being the only grunge era band left with integrity,

But you left out:

A. Mudhoney
    B Mark Lanegan

What about The Melvins?

Also, I just hope to God Cornell's new CD isn't overly loud and compressed like his last one was. I don't see that happening with Timbaland though, so I won't get my hopes up too much.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    1. it's timbaland

2. nobody has ruined cornell except for cornell

3. timbaland production could only help cc's drearily boring solo work

4. however, cc is probly better off taking time off from music to join up with lenny kravitz and focus on making really cool jeans and commiserating over the difficulties of being really really ridiculously good looking (insert blue steel) together
    Exactly. Sure, he experimented with a few different styles and it's probably the worst album of his career by anyone's standards, but it's by no means a BAD album.

It can't be worse than some early Soundgarden. It wasn't the greatest album of his career, but it was an enjoyable listen. I guess if anyone was expecting a heavy rock album they'd probably be disappointed.
    Before you all rubbish the idea of this collaboration (which as I said on my news page, is by no means confirmed yet...) you might like to check out the Wikipedia list of people Timbaland has produced - it includes alternative artists like Bjork and Beck as well as pop & rap acts.

Clare

Your page is awesome.
    DOSW wrote:

There's a lot of people who like PJ and Soundgarden that also like shit like Lim Bizkit and Nicklebeck because it's hard and gets played on the raido.
  • 1. it's timbaland

2. nobody has ruined cornell except for cornell

3. timbaland production could only help cc's drearily boring solo work

4. however, cc is probly better off taking time off from music to join up with lenny kravitz and focus on making really cool jeans and commiserating over the difficulties of being really really ridiculously good looking (insert blue steel) together

Where ya been man? Really missed the predictable Cornell bashing........

Clare

I hope he doesn't. Cornell is at his best writting intropsective songs like "Fell on Black days" or "I am the highway".
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    tonadax wrote:

DEAR GOD!!!! :eek:
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    ii44 wrote:
    There's a lot of people who like PJ and Soundgarden that also like shit like Lim Bizkit and Nicklebeck because it's hard and gets played on the raido.

Yeah but I mean if they REALLY loved SG then they would be more inspired by them. Even if it wasn't intentional, they would end up sounding more like SG if they listened to them all the time. That's what I meant.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win