Cornell's new abum produced by Timberland?

wavescamecrashingwavescamecrashing Posts: 440
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Found this on the cc fan website (http://www.chriscornell.org.uk) under 'news'

10 February 2008

More news of the recent Verizon/People party has emerged which seems to suggest Timbaland may have produced not just one song for the mobile album project, but a whole album for Chris. This story is officially unconfirmed as yet, but is being widely reported this morning as part of an account of Timbaland's apparently angry "tirade" at the party organisers. Here's a piece from the International Herald Tribune which also mentions that Chris performed a "new song" as part of his set.

"...Timbaland's discontent, however, could be seen earlier in the evening. As a shaggy-haired Chris Cornell, backed by a full band, rocked out some old hits and a new song in a 1:30 a.m. set, Timbaland stood at the side of the stage with a scowl on his face. But he only had a glowing intro for Cornell, whose upcoming solo album he produced, saying it was "the best" work he had ever done."

Also, here's an extract from a blog from Tim Kash at MTV who attended the party:

"My award for Best Standout Performance of the Night at a Pre-Grammy Party would have to go to either Chris Cornell (who’s undoubtedly one of the greatest musicians ever) or the dynamic duo of Missy and Timbaland, who closed out the night (amazing to see them do some of the old hits live, like it was yesterday)."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• And sponsored by Maybelline.
  • So he had 'a scowl on his face' about all CC's other material except for the album he produced himself? What an egotistical fuckhead...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Great, This dickhead pretty much is responsible for the shitty music of today and now he wants to ruin Cornell. Wonderful.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    And sponsored by Maybelline.

no, no... that designer jeans company :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • tonadax wrote:

hahahaha that's pretty funny :D

Sorry :(
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • tonadax wrote:
    :( I'm getting really worried about the future of this man...
  • seriously?? Timbaland is good and he said this is best work??? Wonder when this will come out? Hope Cornell returned to his previous style of lyric writing and took his time in the studio. Carry on is the most rushed sounding album, he didn't work enough with his melodies.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    The new cd is going to have to be better than the last one or I won't buy another solo one.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    wow thats pathetic
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Timberland makes good shoes
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • tonadax wrote:
    Just two peas in a pod.

Camel toe and guyliner tends to unite douche bags like a hi-power magnet.
  • So he had 'a scowl on his face' about all CC's other material except for the album he produced himself? What an egotistical fuckhead...

No he had a scowl on his face because there was some security fuck up and a load of his friends weren't allowed in, if you read the whole article it explains that. I'm also unsure if he meant it was the best work Cornell had made, or the best work he (Timbaland) had produced - either way it could be read as a pretty positive sign. I'm gonna keep an open mind til I hear it. At least this album will have been recorded with a band he's had time to gel with, rather than a load of random session musicians.
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I'll look at this as a good sign it won't sound like the last album.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Found this on the cc fan website (http://www.chriscornell.org.uk) under 'news'

But he only had a glowing intro for Cornell, whose upcoming solo album he produced, saying it was "the best" work he had ever done."

Has this guy heard badmoterfinger or temple of the dog

Because if it is better then either of those i'll be pleasantly surprised.

Maybe he is only aware of his audoslave and solo work.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    Has this guy heard badmoterfinger or temple of the dog

Because if it is better then either of those i'll be pleasantly surprised.

Maybe he is only aware of his audoslave and solo work.

LOL, yeah it's certainly going to be interesting. I think all the signs are positive though, decent backing band, his voice is back in great form and I'm pretty sure he's got the message that light-weight rock aint what people are looking for from him.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Wha? Cornell's doing another album? Did i miss something?
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • mole1985 wrote:
    Wha? Cornell's doing another album? Did i miss something?

Yep, apparently it's recorded already. No word on when it's being released yet though.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Yep, apparently it's recorded already. No word on when it's being released yet though.

Sweet!
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    seriously?? Timbaland is good and he said this is best work??? Wonder when this will come out? Hope Cornell returned to his previous style of lyric writing and took his time in the studio. Carry on is the most rushed sounding album, he didn't work enough with his melodies.
    I dunno, Revelations sounds even more rushed, almost every song sounds the same
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • Pearl Jam are the only 'grunge' era band left with any dignity.....

Cornell, Cantrell, Weiland, Grohl etc have all turned into commerical sell outs....and their recent music is shit.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Pearl Jam are the only 'grunge' era band left with any dignity.....

Cornell, Cantrell, Weiland, Grohl etc have all turned into commerical sell outs....and their recent music is shit.....
    True. But you forgot to add Alice In Chains.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Any word on a duet with Justin? :cool:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • True. But you forgot to add Alice In Chains.

Very, very true.....

Cant imagine PJ sharing a stage with that talentless gimp from Nickelback.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • i find the picture quite distressing.

but i will keep an open mind about the new album. A release date might be a good idea.

Cornell duet with Timberlake?
    Justin wouldnt have the balls.
  • Cropduster, I mostly agree with what you said about PJ being the only grunge era band left with integrity,

But you left out:

A. Mudhoney
    B Mark Lanegan
  • Wonder if we'll get some Timberlake back ups ;)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • i find the picture quite distressing.

but i will keep an open mind about the new album. A release date might be a good idea.

Cornell duet with Timberlake?
    Justin wouldnt have the balls.

You Justin haters crack me up... I'm going to guess you hate on him because he came from a boy band... the kid is a great talent. He absolutely has the balls. It is not a fluke they compare his first album to Michael Jacksons... stop the hate and open your minds people...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • And sponsored by Maybelline.

You mean Tampax...lol.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • You Justin haters crack me up... I'm going to guess you hate on him because he came from a boy band... the kid is a great talent. He absolutely has the balls. It is not a fluke they compare his first album to Michael Jacksons... stop the hate and open your minds people...

Watch this clip and substitute Vanilla Ice or MC Hammer with Timberlake. This bit is still just as relative today as it was when the great man said it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10w3FuCwfQ
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-