Is it wrong of me to listen to Creed? (As a hardcore PJ fan)

ViggoViggo Posts: 274
edited December 2007 in Other Music
The title speaks for itself.

I can't find any arguments for why I should NOT listen to Creed..
It's okay, It's okay
You don't have to run and hide away
It's okay, it's okay
I love you anyway
2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    If you like butt rock, then I guess its normal.
  • Listen to whatever the hell you want, life is short. If you like it then there's nothing wrong with that, even though people will try o tell you they suck. Chalk it up as a guilty pleasure my friend.
  • smg9779smg9779 Posts: 235
    Here's an argument: They suck hairy nutsack. So yes, it is wrong for you to listen to Creed.
    Steve

11/18/97 Oakland
    07/13/98 Los Angeles
    07/14/98 Los Angeles
    10/31/99 Bridge School
    10/28/00 San Bernardino
    10/31/00 Mountain View
    10/21/01 Bridge School
    06/01/03 Mountain View
    07/15/06 SF I
    07/16/06 SF II
    07/18/06 SF III
    10/21/06 Bridge School
    04/07/08 Berkeley
    04/08/08 Berkeley
  • ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    smg9779 wrote:
    Here's an argument: They suck hairy nutsack. So yes, it is wrong for you to listen to Creed.

Didn't Eddie say at the Grammy award that he did not know the meaning of the award because there are other bands and everybody have their taste..

Why do they suck? Just tell me why...
    It's okay, It's okay
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
  • Listen to whatever the hell you want, life is short. If you like it then there's nothing wrong with that, even though people will try o tell you they suck. Chalk it up as a guilty pleasure my friend.
    agreed.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    Viggo wrote:
    Didn't Eddie say at the Grammy award that he did not know the meaning of the award because there are other bands and everybody have their taste..

Musically, some of their songs aren't too bad. Lyrically, I'd rather drink my own puke then listen to what Scott Stapp has to say.
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Viggo wrote:

Hahaha... I'm sorry, but I found it funny the way you used Ed in a context like "his word is divine and we should follow." It was very good. :)
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    I'm just sayin'...

He's right I guess... It's logic..
    It's okay, It's okay
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Its wrong for you to listen to Creed as a human being.

Well, not really. The first album really isn't half bad, but I just think they are kind of lame, and the music got old quickly. Still, there are a handful of songs that even though I hate to admit it, aren't terrible (only the first album).
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • They had some talent and wrote some good songs, but I agree that they get old quick. However, Alter Bridge is awesome!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • DedvwDedvw Posts: 246
    You shudda been dead on a Sunday morning banging your head.
  • They had some talent and wrote some good songs, but I agree that they get old quick. However, Alter Bridge is awesome!
    hahaha this thread is priceless!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Viggo wrote:
    Didn't Eddie say at the Grammy award that he did not know the meaning of the award because there are other bands and everybody have their taste....

yeh but Creed are NOT "one of those bands"...

It's not wrong that you listen to Creed, you can listen to whoever you like...

HOWEVER

Most people will tell you that they suck and should'nt be on the same Ipod as Pearl Jam
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Look, if u like it, listen to it. I on the other hand wouldn't listen to them, a bit to religious for me... Though having said that, i like live, not so much their new stuff, the older stuff, so watever.... Do wat makes u happy.....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • cause they make music for weeee little girls
    the Minions
  • 58823005882300 Posts: 813
    yes
  • The general consensus on Creed is so overwhelmingly negative that it's hard to ignore. And I know other people's opinions don't count for shit, but it's almost unanimous - Creed is just no good at music. It's like on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" when you ask the audience and 99% agree on one answer. You can confidently make that your final answer.

I realize some people do like Creed, but in my experience Creed fans are pretty corny themselves, and don't seem to know much about music. Their musical taste is not selective, and there's usually a lot of other embarassing garbage in their CD collection.

In answer to your question, it's not wrong of you to listen to Creed - even if you're a hard core Pearl Jam fan. Obviously you can listen to whatever you want. But the question is why would you? Why drink piss when you've tasted champagne?
    motel money murder madness
  • Although there are many sucky Creed songs, you can find some good ones that are worth listening to.
  • JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Question: Is Creed one of the most overrated bands of all time?

Fact: People all over this board know of this band's overhyped talents. While guitarist Mark Tremonti's skills are passable, lead singer Scott Stapp is a worthless human being who wishes he had an ounce of the ability Eddie Vedder does.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Whatever you want.

You like Creed, that is your choice.
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    It is absolutely your choice to listen to what you want. That being said, their own fans sued them because Stapp was so drunk, he couldn't perform at a concert. Would you really want to listen to a band that shows so little respect for the people that have given them their career?
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
    " can you take me Hiyaaa!!! to a place with goowlden streets!"

*gags*
  • creed
    hey arnt they the Band Pearl jam copied their sound from.
    gotta give em kudos for that.
    LMAO
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Viggo wrote:

If you have to ask...you're probably missing the point. I don't think a yes or no will fix anything.
  • ucsbucsb Posts: 58
    Viggo wrote:

nope.....a good musician friend of mine...his two fav bands are

get this:

Nirvana and Bong Jovi!...there u go
  • Listen to whatever the hell you like.

One of my favourite songs ever written is by Bryan Adams.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • if you are a wiener
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    I have never understood all the Creed bashing going on inhere. Why can't most jammers stand them?
    Remember the band Deep Blue Something? They once said that Pearl Jam were for crybabies. I don't see a thousand threads about them and remarks about wearing their t-shirts to PJ shows. What has Creed done exactly?
    Hell, I bought their first album. It got old pretty fast, so I don't have it anymore. But if people think they're cool, thats fine by me.
    So Viggo, if you wanna listen to Creed or Nickelback or Engelbert Humberdink, it's cool. Others can't decide what's good taste and what's acceptable.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07