Chinese Democracy MP3: Tell me what you think

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Am I the only only one laughing at There Was A Time being abbreviated to Twat?! Clearly it doesn't have the same meaning outside of the UK!
  • Am I the only only one laughing at There Was A Time being abbreviated to Twat?! Clearly it doesn't have the same meaning outside of the UK!

oh it does and its just as hilarious over here
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    Would someone be kind enough to post links to the blues and the new i.r.s please?

Thanks.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    Hebejebe wrote:
    Would someone be kind enough to post links to the blues and the new i.r.s please?

Thanks.

Hope the new cd is coming soon.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Am I the only only one laughing at There Was A Time being abbreviated to Twat?! Clearly it doesn't have the same meaning outside of the UK!

Think it's fucking awesome also.:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Hebejebe wrote:

Thanks.

Here's a link for all 3:

http://rapidshare.com/files/29620116/Paxil_Leaks_May_2007.rar.html
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113

Lots of dead links out there.
  • listen to the solo of TWAT and you know:

axl don't need that slash
    robin finck kicks ass!!
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • here i am...

rock you like a hurricane!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    It was pretty good. Didn't exactly blow me away like live versions of Better did, but it's still powerful. Not really fond of Axl's voice on this song, though.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win

Cheers, thank you very much.
    listen to the solo of TWAT and you know:

axl don't need that slash
    robin finck kicks ass!!

It's a damn fine solo.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I'm so sick of this wash up chris cornell writing sub par material and being recognized like some kind of christ figure,

agreed. the cornell ass-kissing that goes on around here is sickening.

that said, i dont own any guns'n'roses albums... ive been pondering buying the greatest hits or appetite the last few weeks. im curious what these songs sound like.
  • DOSW wrote:
    It was pretty good. Didn't exactly blow me away like live versions of Better did, but it's still powerful. Not really fond of Axl's voice on this song, though.

what?! his voice on this song is awesome. It's like an It's So Easy voice pumped up on steriods plus attitude. I love it! so much better than the live versions.

I just don't like the ending...needs to be better mixed.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Not bad, but not great either. I was hoping for more of a "You Could be Mine" type song. Axl has tried to update with the synth sounds, but I'm just not buying it. Sorry, but after 10 years or whatever, I'm just not impressed. Hopefully this isn't the best on the album.
  • Brian V.Brian V. Posts: 51
    Chinese Democracy is pretty good. I.R.S. I like quite a bit.

The Blues I did not like. His singing style wasn't doin it for me.
  • ooh man, I just blasted this in the car....ohhhhhhhh it sounds soo good.

Both Chinese Democracy and The Blues sound better in the car.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    The song "Chinese Democracy" is a fans song like "it's So Easy", not a single.
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Bye bye
  • there are supposed to be leaks of the studio version of madagascar (final) and better (acoustic) coming out tonight as well as possibly prostitute
  • ^^^ no there aren't. People have them, but when they figured out they were getting scammed for the songs, and ppl were just leaking them to everyone else, they stopped giving them out.

So unless the original ppl who have these songs leak them themselves (which they won't), I doubt we ever hear them until/unless they are on the album.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    ^^^ no there aren't. People have them, but when they figured out they were getting scammed for the songs, and ppl were just leaking them to everyone else, they stopped giving them out.

So unless the original ppl who have these songs leak them themselves (which they won't), I doubt we ever hear them until/unless they are on the album.

so...Never? look don't get me wrong I think Better is pretty cool and I saw them in December and it was pretty good other than Axl's voice going to shit and the fact that sebastian bach was there (what a fucking loser), but like really guys he hasn't released anything in like 16 years worth noting but everybody thinks this is going to be the biggest/best album ever, the truth is it will have huge first week sales and then unless it's just staggeringly good and I mean good enough to attract the punk kids and all the people who buy cds now not the ones that did their first go around, well nobody else will care. but thanks for the links nonetheless, I'll check them out tomorrow

EDIT-ok so I ended up staying up longer than planned. They suck, maybe not suck but they're boring dated and just aren't worth the bother. I couldn't even finish TWAT and the blues cause they just bored the shit out of me, ChiDem was ok and IRS was pretty cool I guess but "OK" and "Pretty Cool" aren't what I was excpecting after this long.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Axl Rose is one serious idiot.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Axl has been the biggest joke in rock music for at least 15 years. I can't believe anyone is actually anticipating anything this prick puts out.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Axl has been the biggest joke in rock music for at least 15 years. I can't believe anyone is actually anticipating anything this prick puts out.
    He may be a dick but he's always been an amazing singer, songwriter, and performer.
  • eyedclaar wrote:

did you actually listen to the song, or are you just saying this to be like everyone else?
  • OasisOasis Posts: 54
    Matty Boy wrote:
    He may be a dick but he's always been an amazing singer, songwriter, and performer.

Exactly.
  • OasisOasis Posts: 54
    I have it. I also have The Blues, I.R.S....which both leaked today, along with Chinese Democracy

So in total, all of the QUALITY studio leaks so far are:

Better
    I.R.S.
    Chinese Democracy
    The Blues
    Madagascar

I must say, Chindese Democracy kicks serious ASS!!!!

Only Chinese Dem, IRS and Blues on that rapidshare file above. ANyone have the other leaks? :)
  • oh