Deftones - Saturday Night Wrist

13»

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i think SNW is better than White Pony and self titled but i think "Around the Fur" is still their finest work.

ATF
    SNW
    Deftones
    WP
    Adrenaline
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    I'm seeing a lot more love for S/t in this thread than I ever knew existed. I may need to break that our this LONG weekend and do a little revisiting. It just didn't grab me at all
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    I'm seeing a lot more love for S/t in this thread than I ever knew existed. I may need to break that our this LONG weekend and do a little revisiting. It just didn't grab me at all
    i admit i wasnt a fan of the self titled til recently thanks to this thread.
    after ignoring it for like 3 years..i put it on and thought there were it's good points and it certainly helped me enjoy SNW more.
    always did love Minerva,Bloody Cape and Battle-Axe and now i can add Hexagram,Needles and Pins,Deathblow and Lucky You to that list.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • and let's not forget Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event...
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    i admit i wasnt a fan of the self titled til recently thanks to this thread.
    after ignoring it for like 3 years..i put it on and thought there were it's good points and it certainly helped me enjoy SNW more.
    always did love Minerva,Bloody Cape and Battle-Axe and now i can add Hexagram,Needles and Pins,Deathblow and Lucky You to that list.

I really don't think the s/t is any less quality than the others. Good show.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • It's not as cohesive as SNW or as dynamic as White Pony...that's why I think it's considered weaker...
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • It's not as cohesive as SNW or as dynamic as White Pony...that's why I think it's considered weaker...

Yeah, maybe. I'd just say it is 'subtler'. The songs don't go RAARRR, but it's rewarding listening for more subtle reasons.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    My favourite album of theirs....

I disagree with what someone said earlier on this thread, its NOW the bar has been raised...

There's nothing nowhere near as beautiful as Beware, Kimdracula or Combat on Adrenaline...

Album of the year, well I'll have to wait for Light Grenades...

Light Grenades kinda sucked imo...the new Deftones is better...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • parel jam wrote:
    Light Grenades kinda sucked imo...the new Deftones is better...

I've been coming to terms with the fact that I think Light Grenades kind of sucks too, although there are nice moments on it.

• The single Anna Molly didn't get me excited at all...just sounded like the same Morning view/crow crap
    //ten.club.#352XXX//