Audioslave

2»

Comments

• muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I don't think he was that spectacular in Rage. Rage was the sum of its parts.. the drumming in itself was far from complex.

I don't mean he was more complex in Rage (in fact, nothing ruins a song more for me than unnecessairly complex drumming). I don't know what it is (perhaps it's maybe becuase Rage were more hip hop infulenced?) but songs like "People Of The Sun" and "Mic Check" really benefited from his intense drumming. I never got that feeling in Audioslave.

And Morellos stuff in Rage wasn't all just big fucking crazy solos. There's something hypnotic about the "Settle For Nothing" and "Without A Face" solos.
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Not a fan of Wilk at all, his drumming really only fits a song like Cochise, with a massive riff and bassline, with lots of space. He sounds like a one trick pony to me on most RATM and Audioslave stuff.

And Morello is one of my favourite guitarists, his playing is unique to me, and he's written some incredible riffs. Solos-wise, he's okay, I really like the Doesnt Remind Me solo, but on the other hand, the solo in Original Fire is ridiculous, just totally doesnt fit the song. But as a riff-writer, he's up there with the best.

Anyone know if RATM are doing a new album? I think Cornell brought out a lot of melody in the Rage guys, it'd be interesting to see how they would work now with Zach, after working with a proper singer.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    I remember the first time I saw Collateral, back in '05. Hearing Shadow Of The Sun during that scene where Max and Vincent are driving down that lonely Los Angeles road in the middle of the night..it was incredible. From that point on I was hooked. It really brought me down when they broke up.

And I'll be honest. While Cornells solo tour is fantastic and I'm happy that the RAGE guys are doing good again, I really wish they'd get back together. What a bummer. Really miss these guys.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    think audioslave were fucking awesome,

anything involving Tom morello tends to be, damn the guy can also do a sol record that sounds ok....
  • Number 18Number 18 Posts: 132
    I miss them already. I was soooooooooo bummed when they did not do a tour after Revelations. :(