whats the best band you ever saw live?

Comments

• Michael Jackson & The Jackson Brothers on the Thriller/Jacksons "Victory" tour. I was young, but it was quite impressive! Even though I don't care for spiders... the light "spiders" coming out of the ceiling rocked!
    "Music is excellent therapy."
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Clutch. by far the best live band ever.
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    PEARL JAM...~...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    i would have to say led zeppelin the full line up at MSG 1977 the best show for me ever 45 minutes acustic and 2 hours of electric totally amazing.....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • attics26attics26 Posts: 47
    Led Zeppelin Deep Purple
    Grateful Dead
    The Tubes 1st UK tour incredible
    Frank Zappa supported by Nektar
    Bruce Springsteen when he was the Boss
    Eric Clapton when he was God
    String Cheese Incident
    RHCP

thats 1 problem with being old there are too many great times to remember
    and many many gigs that sucked !
  • tonestones Posts: 104
    The Foo Fighters/Weezer tour was awesome.
    REM also puts on a good show but my favourite show i've ever been to was seeing Matthew Good solo acoustic in a tiny little club in London Ont.
    "Your light's reflected now,... reflected from afar...
    We were but stones,... your light made us stars"
  • toastertoaster Posts: 152
    Kaizers Orchestra and Roger Waters.

I miss Roskilde.
  • Against Me puts on the best live show ever. It's my version of church.
    Walking is still honest
  • wolfbear wrote:
    No one compares to PJ. Not even close.
    Radiohead cuts it close. Very surreal and mindblowing band live... not sure if they're quiteeeeeeeee on par.. but close.. Pumpkins were also incredible live (and will once again be incredible soon enough :D )
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • PEARL JAM...~...~
    i love the new colors and fonts you've been using :D
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    pearl jam, r.e.m., prince, u2, and the stones stand out. not to sound conceited, but i have been to so many shows that it would take me some time to really list them all.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Besides PJ a few months back which was definitely the best show I've ever seen (and probably will ever see)... can't decide between

Rolling Stones = oct.2003, London
    Page and Plant = july 2006, Montreux jazz festival
    Radiohead = Glastonbury 2003
    Neil Young/John Martyn/Billy Bragg/Mike Scott = London Fleadh festival, june 2001
  • Pearl Jam obviously, besides them Marilyn Manson, Ani Difranco, Rage Against The Machine, and The Tragically Hip have all been great concerts.
  • foo fighters
    qotsa

SVRDhand13 wrote:
    saying PJ would be an obvious choice (since this forum is dedicated to them) so im gonna go with my other top choice which is stp.

i saw them in 2002 and they were incredible. they opened with a pink floyd cover and played all my favorites.

i also loved RATM- they play with such high intensity.
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    To be totally honest, PJ/Radiohead/U2 will always be my favorite shows to go see, however, there is one band that I also love when they come around just because of their live show and how entertaining of a show it is. Better Than Ezra. The music is great and upbeat, they have some great fans, and you can really tell that they love playing together and have a lot of fun

Love Better Than Ezra. Not my top show.....but always a great time.

PJ of course is tops. Not 1 show has ever let me down, they are always better than the last.
    after that.... Paul Simon
    NIN at Woodstock
    Grateful Dead (which also was the worst show I have ever seen!)
    The Toadies
    And here's a real odd ball...Presidents of the United States of America. That was a totally fun time.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I really truly love PJ live ... they never disappoint me. However, for the sake of variety and demonstrating the true meaning of spontaneity, I've also been blown away and moved by Frank Zappa, Radiohead (amazing, amazing,) Queens of the Stone Age (there was something completely primal going on there,) Arctic Monkeys (energy and sweetness) and Incubus (they really love performing and it shows.)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • So far other than the obvious(Pearl Jam)...I'd find myself saying Slayer/Lamb of God/Mastodon or Audioslave. Audioslave due to the fact that was my first show..memorable setlist, incredible energy, Cornell's voice and the instrumentals dead on, the night was just memorable. Then the power of the Unholy Alliance bands..that was an unbelievable night. Just one powerful force after another bringing varied colors and tastes to the stage that was just...magnificently suffocating to the ones who resided within the crowd to digest it all at such a rapid pace. Both shows each having their powerful moments of course..but hey, between The Who, Tool, Alice In Chains, Venom, Celtic Frost, etc...hard to say if a spot may be cleared or not...
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    Tool - not a whole lot going on on stage.. but the video that they had playing for the lateralous tour was absolutely amazing. i was totally captivated the entire show.

NIN - tons of energy, amazing songs, raw emotion & dedicated fans.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    momofglynn wrote:
    Love Better Than Ezra. Not my top show.....but always a great time.

PJ of course is tops. Not 1 show has ever let me down, they are always better than the last.
    after that.... Paul Simon
    NIN at Woodstock
    Grateful Dead (which also was the worst show I have ever seen!)
    The Toadies
    And here's a real odd ball...Presidents of the United States of America. That was a totally fun time.
    Hey nice to see another Toadies fan on here. I'm sorry that I din't get to see them in their hayday. I saw their one off show at our St, patricks parade here in Dallas and even though Lisa was kicked out (the bassist) and replaced, the show was still great (even though they were rusty) and the Mosh pit was horrid. Worst one I have evr been in. Got pulled off the baracade 5 songs in. That's what I get for being at a 21+ show where by 4:00 everyone is just blasted. if your interested, check out Vaden Todd's new band: the Burden Brothers- slightly different from Toadies, but still a good solid live rock show.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    red mos wrote:
    Hey nice to see another Toadies fan on here. I'm sorry that I din't get to see them in their hayday. I saw their one off show at our St, patricks parade here in Dallas and even though Lisa was kicked out (the bassist) and replaced, the show was still great (even though they were rusty) and the Mosh pit was horrid. Worst one I have evr been in. Got pulled off the baracade 5 songs in. That's what I get for being at a 21+ show where by 4:00 everyone is just blasted. if your interested, check out Vaden Todd's new band: the Burden Brothers- slightly different from Toadies, but still a good solid live rock show.

The Toadies put out a live cd a couple years back and I was at that show, that was like the 3rd or 4th time I saw them. They impressed me from the get go. Something like late '94-early '95, it was an $8 show, Toadies and Bush. yes I know...but it was like Bush's first American show but by far the Toadies blew them away. Small club maybe 250-350 people at most, I was right up front the whole time. Good times. Introduced myself to the band and said thanks for kicking my ass! Boston is a great place to be in or around. It seems like a warm up place for bands....hmmmm oh ya just like the VFC tour. I love living in New England!!!!!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
    lephty wrote:
    Tool - not a whole lot going on on stage.. but the video that they had playing for the lateralous tour was absolutely amazing. i was totally captivated the entire show.

NIN - tons of energy, amazing songs, raw emotion & dedicated fans.

When I saw Tool...they had these girls ( I assume I guess it could had been men, they were wearing these suits that you could not tell for sure) hanging from their feet dangling above the stage and they twirled for an entire song. And you all know how long Tool songs are. The videos at the show were incredible. Very comparable to NIN and their visuals. When I went to Woodstock 94, I really was a hippie, very limted exposure to the Alternative scene other than Blind Melon and Pearl Jam. I honestly felt I had to pick up my jaw from the ground after NIN got off the stage. It was by far the most incredible, most intense, most .....I just can not describe how I felt at that moment other than I will never miss another NIN show in my area since that time. I brought my husband in 2000 and he was blown away as well. Just top notch show never to be missed by anyone.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    momofglynn wrote:
    The Toadies put out a live cd a couple years back and I was at that show, that was like the 3rd or 4th time I saw them. They impressed me from the get go. Something like late '94-early '95, it was an $8 show, Toadies and Bush. yes I know...but it was like Bush's first American show but by far the Toadies blew them away. Small club maybe 250-350 people at most, I was right up front the whole time. Good times. Introduced myself to the band and said thanks for kicking my ass! Boston is a great place to be in or around. It seems like a warm up place for bands....hmmmm oh ya just like the VFC tour. I love living in New England!!!!!
    Yeah, I got that album- it's called live from Paradise: Best of the Toadies live I believe. I think it's an alright album, but Todd's voice sounds like absolute shit on the recording. It sounds like he was really hoarse but that could just be the way the recorders picked it up. The Burden brothers are really great live too. Todd may even throw in a Toadies song or 2. Sometimes he does and sometimes they won't. They have their 2nd album coming out October 31rst 2006. I hope the Toadies will eventually do a full blown reunion tour, and maybe Todd could forgive Lisa and we could have the full line up from Hell below/stars above and on.
    I saw Bush twice, and from what I gather the Toadies and Bush did not get along at all. They were constantly verbally bashing each other off stage the entire tour.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    Apart from pearl jam who are by far the best band i have ever seen it would have to be the rolling stones
  • Caleb983Caleb983 Posts: 17
    Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. The greatest 3 hours of my life.
    Nihilism is best done by professionals
  • MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    Tool and SOAD blew me away a few years back at Download.Pantera were always great:)The first and only time i saw AIC supporting Megadeth they were unfuckinbelievable:)Freak Of Nature in 93.AntHrax blowing IRON mAIDEN OFFSTAGE ON THE nO pRAYER fOR tHE dYING TOUR:)
    Cornell pwns u
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Did I already mention that it was and is Motorpsycho?:D
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    momofglynn wrote:
    I honestly felt I had to pick up my jaw from the ground after NIN got off the stage. It was by far the most incredible, most intense, most .....I just can not describe how I felt at that moment other than I will never miss another NIN show in my area since that time.

Yes, that is a good description of my feelings after seeing them for the first time this year, and the next day got tickets to see them again 6 days later because I absolutely had to. NIN's live show is :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: in a good way.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Posts: 2,489
    I have two bands:
    - Pearl Jam (obviously)
    - Manu Chao
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    Nothing compares to these 3:

1. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
    2. Pearl Jam
    3. Ryan Adams and the Cadinals
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    fever wrote:
    fugazi are the best live band i have ever seen.

My God could these guys put on a show. Good call.
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB