linkin park

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    all i need to know about leenkingk park is that they kick ass aiights?!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • oh yea and I believe I was talking to bestsane.
    Then send him a PM if you're too scared to have other people comment on your messages.
    Stop whining, it's a fucking message board what do you expect?
    All those bands he listed as having "generic" voices I have listened to a good bit and Ive also heard the voices of Fall Out Boy and Panic. If those sound the same then there is really something wrong with your ears, so therefore I'm not being close minded,

As for Queens of the stoneage, wilco, and all those other shit bands, fuck, I'd rather listen to Fall Out Boy and even Panic!, than them.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    bestsane wrote:
    I'm not a fan of Linkin Park, but seriously Chester Bennington's vocals are distinctive and original. He's like Bono, Chris Cornell, Axl Rose, Maynard Keenan, Billy Corgan or those people whom you can't copy their vocals. Bands like Blink 182, Wilco, Queens of the Stone Age, Ryan Adams, Modest Mouse and most post-grunge bands have generic vocals, which you can't distinguish between Fall Out Boy with Panic At The Disco. Musically, their music may be suck (with repetitive riffs or lame lyrics) but Bennington is the reason why his band has a place in rock.

whoa Wilco vocals generic
    there goes credibility >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>out the window

Linkin park is not bad, I just dont like any of it one bit.
  • I think this video tells you all you need to know about Linkin Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYNRhzX6gw8

That was fucking hilarious.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I listen to Linkin Park a lot more than Pearl Jam. True statement.

That embarassing statement would best be kept to yourself
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Then send him a PM if you're too scared to have other people comment on your messages.
    Stop whining, it's a fucking message board what do you expect?

I expect stupid people like you, but I really wasnt whining. I was just stating the fact that I was replying to bestsane.

As for Queens of the stoneage, wilco, and all those other shit bands, fuck, I'd rather listen to Fall Out Boy and even Panic!, than them.

Ok. Cool. I respect that you are brave enough to say that for the public to see.
  • example of a douchebag: I love good charlotte and i think there amazing bc everyone has opinions yay. wilco, ryan adams, qotsa, and modest mouse suck bc they have musical integrity and dont believe in making the same shit and playing it all over the radio.

FUCK IT , HINDER IS THE BEST MOST FUCKING MOST AWESOME GENERIC BAND EVER YAY IM GUNNA GO FUCK MYSELF
    "I write a letter to a friend of mine
    I tell him how much I used to love watch him smile
    See I haven't seen him smile in a little while
    Haven't seen him smile in a little while
    But, I know you're laughing from the inside out."
    Blind Melon - Mouthfull of cavities
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Pearl Jam is generic because Eddie sounds like Scott Stapp and Dave Matthews. So therefore Pearl Jam, Creed, and DMB are all generic bands. There, that is what you sound like. How do you like those apples?
  • I wouldn't call out bands like Queens of the Stoneage, Wilco, etc by calling them Shit bands. Just say you don't like them.

I don't like Linkin Park but they aren't a shit band. That title goes to Creed, Nickelback, etc.

It bothers me when people make fun of PJ so I try not to make fun of other bands bc if you hate something you shouldn't do it to.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • That embarassing statement would best be kept to yourself

No, if I could, I would fucking yell it at Eddie Vedder's face.
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I would say Isaac Brock has a pretty distinct vocal sound as well.

I would definately agree
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • That embarassing statement would best be kept to yourself
    Jesus Christ Mr.pjoasis, I already know your retarded fanboyish opinions. Can you please just stfu and refrain from responding to one of my posts again?

kthxbi
  • I expect stupid people like you, but I really wasnt whining. I was just stating the fact that I was replying to bestsane.

Ok. Cool. I respect that you are brave enough to say that for the public to see.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/7/75/Wizardhaetmachine.PNG this = you
  • Jesus Christ Mr.pjoasis, I already know your retarded fanboyish opinions. Can you please just stfu and refrain from responding to one of my posts again?

kthxbi

Dont be scared to have other people comment on your messages.
    Stop whining, it's a message board what do you expect?
  • example of a douchebag: I love good charlotte and i think there amazing bc everyone has opinions yay. wilco, ryan adams, qotsa, and modest mouse suck bc they have musical integrity and dont believe in making the same shit and playing it all over the radio.

FUCK IT , HINDER IS THE BEST MOST FUCKING MOST AWESOME GENERIC BAND EVER YAY IM GUNNA GO FUCK MYSELF
    Ya know, having a hard on for queens of the stone age, wilco, my morning jacket, _____ <- Insert generic (I have indie rock cred) band here, is just as gay as listening to your favorite emo/screamo, post-hardcore whatever band.
  • Dont be scared to have other people comment on your messages.
    Stop whining, it's a message board what do you expect?
    Mr. pjoasis has a history of following me around this place and just replying to whatever I have to say in regards to FOB or MCR. It's kind of borderline stalkerish, I guess he needed to find a new hobby after getting kicked off of myspace.
  • Good one?
    Anonymous is legion. Anonymous does not forgive. Anonymous does not forget.
  • Anonymous is legion. Anonymous does not forgive. Anonymous does not forget.

Youre cool
  • Youre cool
    Thanks, you're pretty hip yourself
  • He was replying to my message... didn't you see his quote in that post?
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I really like Linkin Park.
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    Damn, people like sonofthebeach and the rest don't know what the hell I'm talking about. In my original post, I was talking about vocals, yes vocals, but not music generally, no, not music. I assume you guys are under 40 years old (life begins at 40 you suckers) for not being open minded. Here's my reason:

1) I'm not a fan of Linkin Park but yet I acknowledge that Chester Bennington is what makes Linkin Park good because he has great vocals compared to generic vocals (not generic music you suckers) of QotSA, Modest Mouse, Wilco, Trapt, Sugarcult, 10 Years, Blink 182, BRMC, bla bla bla etc.

2) I'm a fan of QotSA and Modest Mouse but yet I dare to say that they have generic vocals (not generic music or lyrics you fuckers) because I've heard tons of bands (American, Canadian, Australian) who sound (vocals, not music or lyrics you fuckers) like them.

3) Musically, QotSA and Modest Mouse are better than Linkin Park, and yes you heard me. But all along I've been talking about vocals you fuckers.

Now who's being open-minded, who's being close-minded? You guys are kids.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    everytime i hear the new song i think of Optimus Prime

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • bestsane wrote:
    Damn, people like sonofthebeach and the rest don't know what the hell I'm talking about. In my original post, I was talking about vocals, yes vocals, but not music generally, no, not music. I assume you guys are under 40 years old (life begins at 40 you suckers) for not being open minded. Here's my reason:

1) I'm not a fan of Linkin Park but yet I acknowledge that Chester Bennington is what makes Linkin Park good because he has great vocals compared to generic vocals (not generic music you suckers) of QotSA, Modest Mouse, Wilco, Trapt, Sugarcult, 10 Years, Blink 182, BRMC, bla bla bla etc.

2) I'm a fan of QotSA and Modest Mouse but yet I dare to say that they have generic vocals (not generic music or lyrics you fuckers) because I've heard tons of bands (American, Canadian, Australian) who sound (vocals, not music or lyrics you fuckers) like them.

3) Musically, QotSA and Modest Mouse are better than Linkin Park, and yes you heard me. But all along I've been talking about vocals you fuckers.

Now who's being open-minded, who's being close-minded? You guys are kids.

Could you list some of those bands so we could listen to them and decide for ourselves, you fucker?
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    Could you list some of those bands so we could listen to them and decide for ourselves, you fucker?

Hey kid, like I told you in my original post, I listen to internet radio a lot. Next time read you fucker.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Just bought then new LP album at lunch time, only heard a few songs, so far I'm liking it.
    I picked up CC CArry On as well, will be listening to that going home tonight.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • bestsane wrote:

I knew you were talking about vocals, and yes I am under 40. And you look like an over 40 loser with no life now. haha
  • I'll definitely be dead before 40, and I guess I'll never "live" as this guy that's "lived" has told us... huh, that sucks.
  • jsasojsaso Posts: 179
    if you are over 13...dont listen to that shit