linkin park

Comments

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,334
    You have to give LP credit for surviving the Nu-Metal era and coming out the other side with a vision to evolve, much the way pearl jam are the last band standing out of the "grunge" scene.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Well, that was the only show I saw them...
    I missed the in Poland...:( hahaha
    and Italy got cancelled, so this was the one thats left. and they rocked :p
    Btw, Jared is cute, but he aint CHESTERRRRRR :D
    i was sorting the new dvds and i saw a new jared leto movie and i thought of you sid!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    i was sorting the new dvds and i saw a new jared leto movie and i thought of you sid!
    Ahaha, and me screaming: JARED, I LOVE YOU! YOure so hot! (but get a haircut and cut the make up) :p
    LOL; fun times in Austria. :D
    What new Jared Leto film?
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
    Ahaha, and me screaming: JARED, I LOVE YOU! YOure so hot! (but get a haircut and cut the make up) :p
    LOL; fun times in Austria. :D
    What new Jared Leto film?
    something with john travolta. looks saucy, only one pic on the case and if i remember he looks pretty seductive - just the way you like him.
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    that's a fucked up list man. i've never heard anyone who sounds anything like the modest mouse guy. maynard sounds like every other industrial metal singer ever to record. ill give you bono and axl and cornell (and i dont even like cornell), but modest mouse not being distinctive is ridiculous. some of them are spot on though, i like wilco but tweedy's voice isn't exactly the kind that leaves an impact.

OK, I used to agree about Josh Homme's and Isaac Brock's vocals, until at one time when I listened to the Yahoo internet radio, I thought the song I was listening to was Dashboard (because I anticipated Modest Mouse's new single), but I was wrong. It was a different band/artiste that I unfortunately can't recall. Same thing for Homme. I encountered one or two voices which are the same as his, which let me down a bit.
  • bestsane wrote:
    OK, I used to agree about Josh Homme's and Isaac Brock's vocals, until at one time when I listened to the Yahoo internet radio, I thought the song I was listening to was Dashboard (because I anticipated Modest Mouse's new single), but I was wrong. It was a different band/artiste that I unfortunately can't recall. Same thing for Homme. I encountered one or two voices which are the same as his, which let me down a bit.

Still with one or two sound-a-likes, that wouldn't necessarily classify either of them as generic. To me, generic is when a bunch of bands in the same genre sound exactly the same and I have yet to hear another band replicate the sound and vocals of Modest Mouse or Queens of the Stone Age.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Kann wrote:
    Have to disagree, queens and modest mouse do not exactly fit the generic vocals your describing.

I agree with you.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I went to the Project Revolution tour show this past weekend ... sorry, it's Projekt, because they are edgy like that and need a "K" where it shouldn't be ...

I went for 3 reasons:

1) My girlfriend .. she likes some the bands and her little sister (age 25) adores Linkin Park (again with the "K")

2) I love Placebo. There's an offbeat voice for you. I know, Placebo will get me a lot of guff, but, I really could give a rats ass what any of you think, they are fantastic, if you have not heard the new album Meds, you should, it's amazing.

3) It was outdoors and a spectacular day out, don't get a lot of those in the bay area.

Back on topic. Linkin Park ... oy ... it was ... ok ... maybe. There was this loooong section of back to back to back slow songs, and they did absolutely nothing for me (I guess the new album is "taking them in a different direction") ... the end of the show was ok, lots of energy and tollerable songs, some of which I recognized (note, I don't listen to the radio much) ...

So ... a tip of the cap to them for producing music people love (15,000 people were going berzerk ... ok, 15,000 less the 400 or so parents in the audience ... and...me). I mean, that's why we're all here right? Because we love music ... so, I get a charge out of people getting geeked up for a show, for a band ... so, these people and I come form vastly different worlds, and, I really don't like thier favortie band ... so what ... let 'em have their fun ... and perhaps, introduce them to some better music next time and play a PJ disk for them ...

wait, don't, all the more traffic trying to get the "next Vic show" tix ....

(For the record, they only gave Placebo 35 minutes ... what? I was so pissed. Fucking ridiculous. You gave Julien K 45 minutes ... who the frig is Julien K? I'll tell you who ... they were a shitty NIN-lite wanna bes that looked older than Trent, that's who ... why do they get 45 minutes to Placebo's 35? Julien K, pfffft ... agian, what's with the K???)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    I went to the Project Revolution tour show this past weekend ... sorry, it's Projekt, because they are edgy like that and need a "K" where it shouldn't be ...

I went for 3 reasons:

1) My girlfriend .. she likes some the bands and her little sister (age 25) adores Linkin Park (again with the "K")

2) I love Placebo. There's an offbeat voice for you. I know, Placebo will get me a lot of guff, but, I really could give a rats ass what any of you think, they are fantastic, if you have not heard the new album Meds, you should, it's amazing.

3) It was outdoors and a spectacular day out, don't get a lot of those in the bay area.

Back on topic. Linkin Park ... oy ... it was ... ok ... maybe. There was this loooong section of back to back to back slow songs, and they did absolutely nothing for me (I guess the new album is "taking them in a different direction") ... the end of the show was ok, lots of energy and tollerable songs, some of which I recognized (note, I don't listen to the radio much) ...

So ... a tip of the cap to them for producing music people love (15,000 people were going berzerk ... ok, 15,000 less the 400 or so parents in the audience ... and...me). I mean, that's why we're all here right? Because we love music ... so, I get a charge out of people getting geeked up for a show, for a band ... so, these people and I come form vastly different worlds, and, I really don't like thier favortie band ... so what ... let 'em have their fun ... and perhaps, introduce them to some better music next time and play a PJ disk for them ...

wait, don't, all the more traffic trying to get the "next Vic show" tix ....

(For the record, they only gave Placebo 35 minutes ... what? I was so pissed. Fucking ridiculous. You gave Julien K 45 minutes ... who the frig is Julien K? I'll tell you who ... they were a shitty NIN-lite wanna bes that looked older than Trent, that's who ... why do they get 45 minutes to Placebo's 35? Julien K, pfffft ... agian, what's with the K???)

i love placebo! not like i love linkin park, as in... i love to say i love linkin park but its a kind of love that you'd only understand if you were in katawice vienna and venice with me.

i seriously do dig placebo tho.
  • bestsane wrote:
    I'm not a fan of Linkin Park, but seriously Chester Bennington's vocals are distinctive and original. He's like Bono, Chris Cornell, Axl Rose, Maynard Keenan, Billy Corgan or those people whom you can't copy their vocals. Bands like Blink 182, Wilco, Queens of the Stone Age, Ryan Adams, Modest Mouse and most post-grunge bands have generic vocals, which you can't distinguish between Fall Out Boy with Panic At The Disco. Musically, their music may be suck (with repetitive riffs or lame lyrics) but Bennington is the reason why his band has a place in rock.

I think this is the stupidest post i have ever read in my entire life.
    I think this is the stupidest post i have ever read in my entire life.

Oh yeah why?
  • I think this is the stupidest post i have ever read in my entire life.
    He's as good as or better than at least Bono, Cornell, and Corgan. Axl and Maynard are a bit more difficult. I can't stand Axl myself.

You're post is absolute shit. Way to be close minded.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    bestsane wrote:
    I'm not a fan of Linkin Park, but seriously Chester Bennington's vocals are distinctive and original. He's like Bono, Chris Cornell, Axl Rose, Maynard Keenan, Billy Corgan or those people whom you can't copy their vocals. Bands like Blink 182, Wilco, Queens of the Stone Age, Ryan Adams, Modest Mouse and most post-grunge bands have generic vocals, which you can't distinguish between Fall Out Boy with Panic At The Disco. Musically, their music may be suck (with repetitive riffs or lame lyrics) but Bennington is the reason why his band has a place in rock.

QotSA has generic vocals, and the streets are paved with skulls. Right.
    bestsane wrote:

I'm quoting this post twice just to emphasize the intense, concentrated stupidity. Go choke on a vibrator.

EDIT: Ha
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    I'm quoting this post twice just to emphasize the intense, concentrated stupidity. Go choke on a vibrator.

EDIT: Ha

Then prove me that I'm wrong.
  • see im not the only one who thinks its stupid bestsane. and whoever said i was close minded...ha
  • He's as good as or better than at least Bono, Cornell, and Corgan. Axl and Maynard are a bit more difficult. I can't stand Axl myself.

You're post is absolute shit. Way to be close minded.

All those bands he listed as having "generic" voices I have listened to a good bit and Ive also heard the voices of Fall Out Boy and Panic. If those sound the same then there is really something wrong with your ears, so therefore I'm not being close minded, oh yea and I believe I was talking to bestsane.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Look at how much hate everyone had for Load, and it is my fav Metallica album.

This post makes me want to shoot myself in the head.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    bestsane wrote:
    Then prove me that I'm wrong.

QotSA has generic lyrics? I don't need to prove Josh Homme, Nick, and Mark have unique vocals, because everyone knows it. Fucking absurd.

Who do you know that sonds like Josh Homme? 1, maybe 2, people on earth can croon like he can. Shut your pie hole. I'm not the one that must substantiate my claim; rather, you are the one that's making the ridiculous statements.
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    QotSA has generic lyrics? I don't need to prove Josh Homme, Nick, and Mark have unique vocals, because everyone knows it. Fucking absurd.

Who do you know that sonds like Josh Homme? 1, maybe 2, people on earth can croon like he can. Shut your pie hole. I'm not the one that must substantiate my claim; rather, you are the one that's making the ridiculous statements.

Amen. Agreed. I second that...etc.
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • I listened to Hybrid Theory today; it was a grandious day.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    This whole thread is ridclious. "Josh Homme does not have a generic voice. He has a great voice. You're fucking stupid." "Chester's voice is the best. If you don't like that then go choke."

Um. Yes some great logic there.
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    muppet wrote:
    This whole thread is ridclious. "Josh Homme does not have a generic voice. He has a great voice. You're fucking stupid." "Chester's voice is the best. If you don't like that then go choke."

Um. Yes some great logic there.

Since when music had anything to do with logic?
    (But come on, a band with 3 different singers cannot have a generic voice :))
  • Kann wrote:
    Since when music had anything to do with logic?
    (But come on, a band with 3 different singers cannot have a generic voice :))
    i don't think he's referring to the actual music but rather the thread and the people posting.

in any way, i can't believe that there are actual pearl jam fans who actually listen to, these dumbnuts, linkin park.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • I listen to Linkin Park a lot more than Pearl Jam. True statement.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • bestsane wrote:
    err... modest mouse?

Modest Mouse is one of the most unique bands in the past 20 years to achieve some kind of success. Vocals and otherwise.

And keep in mind they've been around since the early nineties or maybe even the late eighties (can't remember..)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    in any way, i can't believe that there are actual pearl jam fans who actually listen to, these dumbnuts, linkin park.
    why should you care, if other fans, of Pearl Jam also listen to, some bands you dislike? Some people have, diverse tastes, and appreciate music that is not as refined, but certainly is visceral. Just like some people, like to add commas where they're, not needed.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Yes guys, don't state when someone says something wrong, if thats what they think then its right for them. *sarcasm*
  • I think this video tells you all you need to know about Linkin Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYNRhzX6gw8