linkin park

HaijayHaijay Posts: 379
edited August 2007 in Other Music
okay, they had a few tolerable radio songs at first. but seriously, they fucken SUCK. that is pure garbage,the way that asshole screams like that. so, what is the attraction?and, who's buying it?are they really only 13?i watched a concert on vh1? they did to begin their tour in may and they stink,BAD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    I enjoy them a lot.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I like Chester. At least he sings, unlike teh cookie-monster crew.

I think I'm going to go buy their new album, on the basis of all the hate here.

They could do with some loving' !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 Posts: 596
    I liked their first album, the second one was ok, but kinda generic and repetetive... I've heard their latest one and I didn't like it.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    I'm not a fan of Linkin Park, but seriously Chester Bennington's vocals are distinctive and original. He's like Bono, Chris Cornell, Axl Rose, Maynard Keenan, Billy Corgan or those people whom you can't copy their vocals. Bands like Blink 182, Wilco, Queens of the Stone Age, Ryan Adams, Modest Mouse and most post-grunge bands have generic vocals, which you can't distinguish between Fall Out Boy with Panic At The Disco. Musically, their music may be suck (with repetitive riffs or lame lyrics) but Bennington is the reason why his band has a place in rock.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    bestsane wrote:
    Bands like Blink 182, Wilco, Queens of the Stone Age, Ryan Adams, Modest Mouse and most post-grunge bands have generic vocals, which you can't distinguish between Fall Out Boy with Panic At The Disco.

i don't agree with you brother. josh homme defiantly has distinguished vocals as far as my ears are concerned.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    bestsane wrote:
    I'm not a fan of Linkin Park, but seriously Chester Bennington's vocals are distinctive and original. He's like Bono, Chris Cornell, Axl Rose, Maynard Keenan, Billy Corgan or those people whom you can't copy their vocals. Bands like Blink 182, Wilco, Queens of the Stone Age, Ryan Adams, Modest Mouse and most post-grunge bands have generic vocals, which you can't distinguish between Fall Out Boy with Panic At The Disco. Musically, their music may be suck (with repetitive riffs or lame lyrics) but Bennington is the reason why his band has a place in rock.

I would say Isaac Brock has a pretty distinct vocal sound as well.
    NERDS!
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    i like LP and there new stuff it pretty good, though they have put a few ballads on the disc when they should just stick with the harder stuff. Overall, I like it and it has very little rap.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Linkiiiiiing paaaaark!

They're actually not that bad... I mean when they supported Pearl Jam they were listenable, and loooved Pearl Jam so that was cool
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    bestsane wrote:

Have to disagree, queens and modest mouse do not exactly fit the generic vocals your describing.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    bestsane wrote:
    I agree with the stuff you said about chester and you're right, NO ONE sounds like Maynard but Josh Homme has a very distinctive voice and who the hell in rock music sounds like Ryan Adams these days? maybe lesser known country singers...
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I agree with the stuff you said about chester and you're right, NO ONE sounds like Maynard but Josh Homme has a very distinctive voice and who the hell in rock music sounds like Ryan Adams these days? maybe lesser known country singers...
    I'd hardly consider Ryan Adams rock. I've only listened to his latest, but I'd say he's folk/alt country aside from the song Halloweenhead.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    One of the worst bands ever......in fact, their not even a band
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Jennytree wrote:
    Linkiiiiiing paaaaark!

They're actually not that bad... I mean when they supported Pearl Jam they were listenable, and loooved Pearl Jam so that was cool
    *respect level plummets*
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I used to dislike them but then I learnt to stop being so fucking narrow minded and appreciate something for the music, rather than the image that the band portrays.
  • bayleafbayleaf Posts: 128
    Haijay wrote:
    okay, they had a few tolerable radio songs at first. but seriously, they fucken SUCK. that is pure garbage,the way that asshole screams like that. so, what is the attraction?and, who's buying it?are they really only 13?i watched a concert on vh1? they did to begin their tour in may and they stink,BAD.

Who is buying them, I am.

P.S.
    Fuck You
    ~*~*~*~*~*OFFICIAL KIWI JAMMER No 6*~*~*~*~*~
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    after seeing them live twice i never want to see them again
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I like Chester. At least he sings, unlike teh cookie-monster crew.

I think I'm going to go buy their new album, on the basis of all the hate here.

They could do with some loving' !!

i wouldnt recommend it. my gf used to love linkin park. even she says their new album sucks. if you wanna buy something out of spite, go back and get one of their earlier ones. the new one is a total dud.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    bestsane wrote:

that's a fucked up list man. i've never heard anyone who sounds anything like the modest mouse guy. maynard sounds like every other industrial metal singer ever to record. ill give you bono and axl and cornell (and i dont even like cornell), but modest mouse not being distinctive is ridiculous. some of them are spot on though, i like wilco but tweedy's voice isn't exactly the kind that leaves an impact.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    LEEEENKIIIINGK PARK! LEEENKIIIINGK PARK!
    OOHMYYYGGODDZAAAHHH CHESTER IS THE MAN AND I WANNA HAVE MIKES BABIES CAUSE HES A HALFER JAPPER TOO...
    i'm ashamed to be from the same province as you! WTF MAN THEY'RE THE FF-IN SHIIIIT. i was so depressed when they left the stage and those stupid pearl jam guys came on.. ughhhh.

CHHHHHHHHHEDDDDDIIIEEE!!!!!!!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    There she goes... ;)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • 1Vedhead1Vedhead Posts: 147
    OOHMYYYGGODDZAAAHHH CHESTER IS THE MAN AND I WANNA HAVE MIKES BABIES CAUSE HES A HALFER JAPPER TOO...
    i'm ashamed to be from the same province as you! WTF MAN THEY'RE THE FF-IN SHIIIIT. i was so depressed when they left the stage and those stupid pearl jam guys came on.. ughhhh.

CHEDDIE IS SO HOT!!
    I love him!
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339

Oh, heres LP fan no.1! Im right behind you, Steph!
    I LOVE them :D
    Esp *seeing* them in Vienna, moshing thru their amazingly loyal, sweatty and smelly fans, screaming CHESTER and all that crap...trying to get to the rail just to see PJ. Oh yeah, LP rluz :D:p
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
    1Vedhead wrote:
    CHEDDIE IS SO HOT!!
    I love him!
    LOL :D
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Oh, heres LP fan no.1! Im right behind you, Steph!
    I LOVE them :D
    Esp *seeing* them in Vienna, moshing thru their amazingly loyal, sweatty and smelly fans, screaming CHESTER and all that crap...trying to get to the rail just to see PJ. Oh yeah, LP rluz :D:p
    VIENNA? nooooo...vienna was all about 30TM....
    JJJJJARRRED JARRRRED OMG OMG OMG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • 1Vedhead1Vedhead Posts: 147
    They were so amazing in Poland..
    I almost died - they were so close!
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
    VIENNA? nooooo...vienna was all about 30TM....
    JJJJJARRRED JARRRRED OMG OMG OMG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Well, that was the only show I saw them...
    I missed the in Poland...:( hahaha
    and Italy got cancelled, so this was the one thats left. and they rocked :p
    Btw, Jared is cute, but he aint CHESTERRRRRR :D
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    i wouldnt recommend it. my gf used to love linkin park. even she says their new album sucks. if you wanna buy something out of spite, go back and get one of their earlier ones. the new one is a total dud.

Nah, a man has to move forward.

Look at how much hate everyone had for Load, and it is my fav Metallica album. If the diehard fans don't like the new Linkin Park stuff, it means they are evolving, and that to me is a good thing.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • bestsane wrote:

What? Are you crazy?
    A Tribute to Linkin Park
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
    What? Are you crazy?
    A Tribute to Linkin Park
    Hahaha, awesome :D
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Holy shit it's Billy Corgan.