Chris Cornell Solo Album 2

mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
edited July 2006 in Other Music
One might think fatherhood, a new Audioslave album ('Revelations,' due Sept. 12), being co-owner of a Paris restaurant and holding down a gig as the face for designer John Varvatos would be more than enough to keep Chris Cornell busy for, say, the next 10 years. But the Audioslave frontman told AOL Music News last week he's writing songs for his second solo album.

"I'm going to hopefully finish it and record before the summer's over," Cornell revealed at the video shoot for the first 'Revelations' single, 'Original Fire.'

When might the album see the light of the day? "Who knows?" Cornell says. "This record comes out in September, and I don't really want the two to be fighting."

While he's unsure at this point what direction the solo album might go, a clue might come from his love for acoustic music. "When I did the first [solo album] there was definitely a bit of surprise, because people expected it was going to be more in the vein of acoustic, and it wasn't, really. I feel like the songs for this second one may be more in that direction."

*grinning*
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oh, that's cool! I had no idea, good stuff...
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Cant wait, everything Chris Cornell does is great.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Cant wait, everything Chris Cornell does is great.

except Audioslave of course
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    I think Audioslave just sounds monotonous... but we'll never know until we hear someone else drum for them.

Audioslave drummer = weak link
  • mrwalkerb wrote:
    except Audioslave of course
    why do people who don't like Audioslave feel the need to shove it down our throats?

anyway, that's amazing news!
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I absolutely loved Euphoria Morning... another solo album from CC would be great!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Fucking ace, this is brilliant news:D some of the best news I've heard in a long time:eek: more solo Cornell:D:D:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    That's awesome news. And I totally agree, the Audioslave hate is getting pretty boring. I'd understand if they were as shit as Nickelback or Hoobastank or something......
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    why do people who don't like Audioslave feel the need to shove it down our throats?

Because we love you, and you haven't figured it out for yourself yet.

Friends don't let friends listen to shite. As far as I'm concerned, they are no better than Nickelback. Perhaps better looking, but not better musically. It's the same weak commercial dick that America's been choking on for years.

A new Cornell record is what I had hoped for when I heard about the cancelled tour of Europe. Hopefully, people will hear the quality juxtaposition this time around...hopefully.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Finally....
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    can't change me.
  • soundgrungersoundgrunger Posts: 218
    wow, thanks for posting that mike_s_6!! :) that's awesome news, can't wait for it!
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Maybe after AS have finished touring chris will do a tour of his own.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • soundgrungersoundgrunger Posts: 218
    mole1985 wrote:
    Maybe after AS have finished touring chris will do a tour of his own.
    now that would KICK ASS! i love audioslave, but having another chris solo tour would rock.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I always loved sunshower and seasons. I would love to hear an acoustic cornell album.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    enharmonic wrote:

Friends don't let friends listen to shite. As far as I'm concerned, they are no better than Nickelback. Perhaps better looking, but not better musically. It's the same weak commercial dick that America's been choking on for years.

A new Cornell record is what I had hoped for when I heard about the cancelled tour of Europe. Hopefully, people will hear the quality juxtaposition this time around...hopefully.

Songs like Cochise, Show me how to live, like a stone, man or animal, from yesterday to tomorrow etc are FAR more original than anything Nickelback or the like have ever come up with, they also rock with concrete balls. Big news, not all music has to be super-intelligent for it to be good, there are plenty of quality mainstream rock bands out there who shouldn't be dismissed just because they write catchy hooks. If you hate them so much, why not start your own anti-audioslave thread where you and all the other smug pretentious pricks can congregate and talk about how good the latest (insert pretetious, unlistenable, wanky-art rock band of your choice here) album is, and leave us to it?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    enharmonic wrote:

hahahaha

nicklecrap better than audioslave...

whats wrong with you?
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I never heard Euphoria Morning... is it worth buying?
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    Songs like Cochise, Show me how to live, like a stone, man or animal, from yesterday to tomorrow etc are FAR more original than anything Nickelback or the like have ever come up with, they also rock with concrete balls. Big news, not all music has to be super-intelligent for it to be good, there are plenty of quality mainstream rock bands out there who shouldn't be dismissed just because they write catchy hooks. If you hate them so much, why not start your own anti-audioslave thread where you and all the other smug pretentious pricks can congregate and talk about how good the latest (insert pretetious, unlistenable, wanky-art rock band of your choice here) album is, and leave us to it?

Well said, if a bit harsh... anti-Audioslavers always seem to feel the need to take every opportunity possible to shove their hatred of AS down everyone's throats... it gets pretty annoying. Audioslave isn't the best band out there, and not even close to SG or Rage, but a lot of what they put out is very enjoyable.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    DOSW wrote:

fuck yeh!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    DOSW wrote:

Yes
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    DOSW wrote:

Most definately :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    I BrisK I wrote:
    fuck yeh!
    Yes
    Chime wrote:
    Most definately :D

So what you're saying is... it's not worth buying?
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Why don't people rip on limp wristed wimpy bands like keane and death cab. LAME.

Atleast Audioslave rocks.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • ToolgardenToolgarden Posts: 88
    The only reason I don't like Audioslave is because I didn't like RATM. Hearing that cornell is making another solo album makes me VERY happy. He is one of my favorite musicians.

ps-this isn't an Audioslave love thread, so don't bash on people for saying they dont like them here.
    "Should I tell you my room is walled up? In what way might I leave it? Here is how; Goodwill knows no obstacle. Nothing can stand before a deep desire. All I have to do is imagine a door." -Schultz

Trading stories with the leaves instead
  • GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,140
    ...And Soul Asylum is releasing a new album!!
    Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Cool more Chris Cornell.

Like someone said before, Audioslave could really use a new drummer. They wouldn't be close to the best with a new drummer, but they'd be so much less boring and so much better.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    mike_s_6 wrote:
    I think Audioslave just sounds monotonous... but we'll never know until we hear someone else drum for them.

Audioslave drummer = weak link

if you dont even know his name then why are you bashing him? at least know the name of whom you're trying to put down if you're too self-concious about talking about your own problems.

well, i love audioslave and just cant wait for their new album and this. great stuff.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,140
    if you dont even know his name then why are you bashing him? at least know the name of whom you're trying to put down if you're too self-concious about talking about your own problems.

well, i love audioslave and just cant wait for their new album and this. great stuff.

I really dont want to even know his name, cause he sucks anyway man.
    Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    enharmonic wrote:

Well that is just rediculous. Just because a band gets some radio success doesn't mean they are no good. Audioslave is a very honest and genuine band made up of some extremely talented musicians. Maybe you should be more concerned with the dick your musical taste is choking on.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?