Concert your ashamed to admit you went to..

13»

Comments

• Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Anger Management Tour- Somebody said Britney Spears was the trump card, but I seen Papa Roach, Eminem, and Limp Bizkit all at one show, and the setup time between bands was ridiculous. Over an hour for Eminem, and 2hours for the Bizkit. The worst part is, we had sweet tickets to see Page/Crowes, but it got cancelled.

DAMN YOU JIMMY PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Anger Management Tour- Somebody said Britney Spears was the trump card, but I seen Papa Roach, Eminem, and Limp Bizkit all at one show, and the setup time between bands was ridiculous. Over an hour for Eminem, and 2hours for the Bizkit. The worst part is, we had sweet tickets to see Page/Crowes, but it got cancelled.

Limp Bizkit is bad. I saw Papa Roach open for Korn one time and that was bad.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:

have you heard 'live at the greek'? one of the most criminally under-rated live albums ever. if you haven't heard it, you might want to skip it... it will only make you even angrier ;)
    have you heard 'live at the greek'? one of the most criminally under-rated live albums ever. if you haven't heard it, you might want to skip it... it will only make you even angrier ;)

Oh, I've heard it, and the day I heard it was the day I went home and found out they announced the tour.
  • I saw Carmen when I was 11-13. Not really ashamed to have seen it, but it was pathetic. Especially the part where he asked everybody to come down the stage and make a donation. Carmen was christian and my church's youth group all went. I went just because of friends. I realized how lame it was during the concert. Now I think about it when I see those christian cd comercials. LOL christians are so silly.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • chinobaeza wrote:
    robbie williams

:o

yep I've seen Robbie too....twice :o
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Took the kids to see Aaron Carter with the A-Teens a few years back hahaha, but not too embarassed, since it was for them and not me. (However they have graduated to liking good music, so maybe it was constructive in a way)
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Garth Brooks, I'm 17 and when I was young (8) I listened to what ever my oldest brother listened too and he was really into country so I got into him. Thank god I started listening to what my next older brother listned too (Soundgarden Pearl Jam Beastie Boys 2pac)
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I saw the Get Up Kids in Milwaukee. They sucked.
    And I saw Limp Biskit during the Family Values tour one year, and they sucked even worse.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • mindi wrote:
    I'm not really ashamed but I saw Rod Stewart several times. My sister loved hi,she might still, so I always went with her.

I saw Billy Squier twice, no three times if you count when he was acoustic at Borders.

Wow, you had the guts to admit to Billy Squier, so I'll throw down my own admission and up it by adding WHAM!!
  • Sting. Went with a friend who is a huge Police fan. He was convinced that he would play Police songs, but all he got was Roxanne. The show sucked ass and I don't care for him except for "Shape of my Heart" that song is money.
    9/16/96, 7/18/98, 11/02/00, 08/4/01, 12/08/02, 4/13/03, 10/22/03, 9/24/04, 3/18/05, 9/01/05, 9/02/05, 7/06/06, 7/07/06, 7/09/06, 7/10/06, 7/20/06
    7/22/06, 7/23/06, 04/07/07, 8/3/07
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Guns N Roses 2007..... It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Shit. I think u got my point
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    adam42381 wrote:
    I saw Creed with my brother...and enjoyed it (Jerry Cantrell opened which would have been nice if anybody else actually knew who he was). Also, the wife (g/f at the time) and I saw 3 Doors Down with Tantric and Shinedown back in 2005. Shinedown was good (unknown at the time), Tantric was ok, but 3 Doors Down was terrible and they were who we went to see...

jerry OPENED!?!? creed couldn't amount to jerry's daily shits.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • I took my future wife to see Richard Marx. Opening was John Cafferty and Beaver Brown Band. Oh, and it was at Water Mania and you had to sit in the wave pool. At least I married her or this story would just be sad.
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    SENROCK! wrote:
    dude WHAT???!!!! those are some good shows right there!!!! ESPECIALLY the KORN show!!!! The GODSMACK show.....DISTURBED!!! BOYSIIMEN!!! come on!!!

i've seen three out of those four, and none were terrible.
    korn, 2 times - fun show
    godsmack, once opening for metallica - much better than the headliner
    boys ii men, as a gift for the girlfriend - man those guys can sing

the one concert that i'm definitely ashamed of having seen:

AIKEN, CLAY

utter shite.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    The ex made me go see FUCKING RICKY MARTIN

That being said, cinematically, it was a good show. But, it was FUCKING RICKY MARTIN.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Abba. I actually saw Abba when I was a little kid. My older sister made me go with her.

High point of the show: smoking hash with a hippie in the lobby. Low point of the show: the show itself.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • I saw Faith Hill once, and I remember like dancing, and I can't blame it on being drunk, because I was 8 and I went with my family.

It's All Stone's Fault.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Blessid Union of Souls, Shaggy. The first was alright, the second sucked hardcore.
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:

I hear you... Papa Roach were awful and Eminem's set was a big waste of time.
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    I took my daughter to see Destiny's Child...

and the Spice Girls.
    Nice shirt.
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    Too Young, and had to go with family category
    - Debbie Gibson and NKOTB

i am jealous...lol....these were my 2 favorites when i was a teeny bopper...would have KILLED to go to these shows
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i am not ashamed of any shows. at the time, i obviously liked the band or i would not have paid money to see them.

and that includes my very first concert......Vanilla Ice in 1990. had a blast!
  • fanch75 wrote:
    The ex made me go see FUCKING RICKY MARTIN

That being said, cinematically, it was a good show. But, it was FUCKING RICKY MARTIN.

I actually loved it...don't know a thing about his music, nor do I care to, but I do love the way he looks...girls night out and a blast all around...this was a long time ago...and the funny thing, is that he had this really spiritual part, where he's telling a nice story, etc, and all I kept thinking is "turn around, I wanna see your ass!"...
    "Everytime I hear that melody, something breaks inside" -- T.W.
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    thunderDAN wrote:
    -Boyz II Men, TLC, and Montell Jordan all on one show

My first concert was when I was three years old. It was Boyz II Men, TLC and MC Hammer.

Anyways a concert ive been two that im ashamed of is O.A.R. I used to like them but I hate them now. They really bug me and they are horrible live.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    thunderDAN wrote:
    -Boyz II Men, TLC, and Montell Jordan all on one show

My first concert was when I was three years old. It was Boyz II Men, TLC and MC Hammer.

Anyways a concert ive been two that im ashamed of is O.A.R. I used to like them but I hate them now. They really bug me and they are horrible live.

...I dont know why it posted twice.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    jamie uk wrote:
    Well through choice I went to see Judas Priest in around 1990, and after half an hour of watching Rob Halford writhe around very suggestively in a leather cap, and vest, astride a Harley Davidson....I sat uncomfortable in my seat and thought, I'm off for a pint! And I duly left and went to the pub across the road, much to my mates suprise. I reckon I got that Rob was gay before he did, and I wasn't enjoyin the heavy metal version of the Village people at all!
    So, Judas Priest.

WHAT?!!! rob halford's gay? when did that happen? ;):D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Bob Dylan

It was nice to see The Foo Fighters open but Bob Dylan was complete garbage. I had a nose bleed seat and there was no big screen or special effects at all. I got to look at an ant mumble and strum a guitar poorly. Why he is a legend, I will never understand. I hear it's because of his lyrics but I sure the hell couldn't make any of them out.
    Completely unbearable! And one of the most expensive concerts too! $150 for a ticket so I guess I struck out twice at one up to bat.

He must be better on CD then live.

Bob Dylan gets my vote.

P.s. I've seen Judas Priest 4 times and they always kick ass! What's your problem?
    Bob Dylan

It was nice to see The Foo Fighters open but Bob Dylan was complete garbage. I had a nose bleed seat and there was no big screen or special effects at all. I got to look at an ant mumble and strum a guitar poorly. Why he is a legend, I will never understand. I hear it's because of his lyrics but I sure the hell couldn't make any of them out.
    Completely unbearable! And one of the most expensive concerts too! $150 for a ticket so I guess I struck out twice at one up to bat.

He must be better on CD then live.

Bob Dylan gets my vote.

P.s. I've seen Judas Priest 4 times and they always kick ass! What's your problem?

Whether you liked the show or not, there is no shame in Dylan. I seen him for free, and amost felt like he ripped me off though. I didn't really have any preconceived notions goin in, but somehow it wasnt what I expected. He played a really recognizable set for me, and I just have Essential and a few live albums, but it was almost like he didn't care. Prolly just bored playin all those old songs.
  • cincy.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....