Concert your ashamed to admit you went to..

thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
edited October 2007 in Other Music
What is a concert you are ashamed you attended. I have a couple for different categories.

Girl Friend made me go category:
- Matchbox Twenty
-Nsync

Too Young, and had to go with family category
-Boyz II Men, TLC, and Montell Jordan all on one show

Bad Musical Tastes Category
-Korn (twice...I know)
-Godsmack (I went to see the Deftones)
-Disturbed
-Linkin Park (twice)
-The Used and Finch
-Creed 4x (no explination, I'm very sorry. One show was a make-up because the guy was sick the first, but still no explination)
-92.3 Cleveland Christmas Show feat. 311 (not bad) Blink 182, Sum 41, Puddle of Mudd (all terrible)

I basically want to forget my high school years

Free Tickets Category
- Nine Days/Stoke 9 (this one hurts)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Trivium. a friend really wanted me to go (because she had a spare ticket and didn't want to lose money :D) and I didn't have the heart to say no.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I'm gonna win this one folks. Last year I got my wife 2 tickets for..erm...Will Young. I thought she'd go with a friend, but she made me go,..and boy was it awful! What a mincer! Yeeeuuk!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    hahaha stroke 9 - my little black backpack! i feel sorry for you. no shame tho.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Wife made me go category:
    - Racal Flatts (worst night of my life, then they dedicated "Born in the USA" to "the troops")

Too Young, and had to go with family category
    - Debbie Gibson and NKOTB

Bad Musical Tastes Category
    - The Calling

Free Tickets Category
    - The Calling
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    erasure

nsync

tears for fears

fine young canibals

polyphonic techno spree ( whatever theyre called )

the new journey
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    cc10106 wrote:
    hahaha stroke 9 - my little black backpack! i feel sorry for you. no shame tho.

lol that was their song! Nine Days was "this is a story of a girl, that..".i don't know the rest
    Wife made me go category:
    then they dedicated "Born in the USA" to "the troops")

That reminds me of going to Browns games when they play "Proud to be an American" after the 1st quarter and every drunk hillbilly in there sings along and goes nuts. I mean it's cool to be patriotic but that song it just the worst song ever made.
  • I'm gonna trump you all, I SAW BRITNEY SPEARS!!!!!!

When I was at Uni a few years ago, very drunk, I must add, I agreed to go with a mate, he had tickets for him and his girlfriend, but they split up. And yes, it was every bit as horrendous as you might imagine!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I'm gonna trump you all, I SAW BRITNEY SPEARS!!!!!!

When I was at Uni a few years ago, very drunk, I must add, I agreed to go with a mate, he had tickets for him and his girlfriend, but they split up. And yes, it was every bit as horrendous as you might imagine!

Damn!!!
    Game over!!!

:p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • I've seen Simple Plan and Fall Out Boy live.

*Runs away in shame*
    thunderDAN wrote:
    That reminds me of going to Browns games when they play "Proud to be an American" after the 1st quarter and every drunk hillbilly in there sings along and goes nuts. I mean it's cool to be patriotic but that song it just the worst song ever made.

Ha.

On a side note man, I love Cleveland. I think it's a great downtown, if I could move anywhere else (not by an ocean) it might be Cleveland.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Bathgate66 wrote:

the new journey

The new journey? ..........what happened to the old journey? :confused:

For me MJ and Duran Duran
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • PrlJam27PrlJam27 Posts: 346
    Creed. I know, I know. but, Ahhhh...... it actually feels kinda good to finally get that off my chest.
    I'm gonna trump you all, I SAW BRITNEY SPEARS!!!!!!

OMG i created this topic and forgot I went to NSYNC at Cleveland Browns Stadium with my girlfriend. I'll never forget it was the night the Indians traded for John Rocker.

PrlJam27 wrote:
    Creed. I know, I know. but, Ahhhh...... it actually feels kinda good to finally get that off my chest.

man I saw them too and totally forgot about it. I keep adding to my list of shame
  • I saw the opening night of the Hootie and the Blowfish tour in 1995.

Yep.

But hey, if that's the worst (IMO) then I guess I'm doing ok... lol
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Creed (They were part of Buzzfest 98, and only one of like 12 bands)

Styx (actually seen them twice. They sucked on the headlining gig.. I left early. I went to see Peter Frampton and America).

The 2nd time they opened for Def Leppard and Foreigner. Styx still sucked but were done fast enough to where it was tolerable.

Blink 182- I hate this band, and my friend's mom wouldn't let him go unless I went with him. They sucked ass. Not to mention I had a crowd surfer land on top of me.

Jackyl and Night ranger- Both just awful. The dude from Jackyl was so drunk, I don't even think he sang at all, just stood there and mumbled while the band played at a noise level equivalent to the whirling of a Garbage disposal. I had a huge headache after they were done.

that's all I can think of that I'm kind of like blah towards.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Hawkshore wrote:
    The new journey? ..........what happened to the old journey? :confused:

For me MJ and Duran Duran

meaning at least 10 years after the original incarnation of Journey , the remaining guys hired a new lead singer and toured ( * without Steve Perry ) thus we had the new journey .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I'm not really ashamed but I saw Rod Stewart several times. My sister loved hi,she might still, so I always went with her.

I saw Billy Squier twice, no three times if you count when he was acoustic at Borders.

Other than that I don't think anything is too embarrassing. I saw old Journey several times back in the day! Def Leppard a few times.

I did go see Judas Priest with Cinderella and that was horrible! We had crap nosebleed seats and the sound was really bad. I was with my cousin so we ended up sitting in a bathroom, it was more like a lounge, talking on a phone(no cell phones back then) and then noticed the roadies were down below so flirted with them the rest of the time.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • We get castoffs at our downtown summer festival.

PBW and I went to go see Warrant without Jani Lane in '04.

There was a storm coming, so they played their setlist in reverse...basically playing all their "hits" before the rain set in.

So, it worked out for everyone.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • My brother's EX-girlfriend took him to Ashley Simpson! Aw the shame! He saw Stone Sour like the next day. Poor Bastard! HAHAHAHA
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    mine just might win it =[

young, stupid, free, family ....
    AARON FUCKING CARTER

there i said it.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford

AARON FUCKING CARTER

there i said it.

OMG I have alot of terrible ones, but that one might take the cake
  • Saw Kenny Chesney do a free show on Spring Break one year....I was drunk and kinda dragged to it by my group....wasn't that bad...only lasted an hour.
    "It's all happening"
  • CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    I have a few shameful ones, two enter the following category "I was living in Venezuela back then and these where my only chances to catch a gig in english :D"

REO Speedwagon
    Poison

I had to take my sister to the show category:

MENUDO (yeah, I know)
  • Nine Days... friend made me go.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Garth Brooks - girlfriend made me go.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • :o:oI saw a few neo nazi bands play at a gig once. I went with my best friend at the time. Nice girl, unfortunetely her partner was a skinhead. I went along to see what it was like though. It sucked. The singer of one of the bands even pointed at me and told me to get out because I wasn't singing along. I was about 18 then.

At the other end of the spectrum, I saw Alanis Morrisette - with the same girl, actually and again felt really out of place with the heavy stink of perfume and high heals. Seriously! :o:o

AARON FUCKING CARTER

there i said it.

Did he encore w/ Aaron's Party and Come Get It.

I have no idea why I know those are two titles to his songs.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Creed... :(

Please don't make me turn in my Pearl Jam 10c number

I went for a girl it was on their firstalbum tour in a little club in charleston SC.

I'm sorry :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    Creed... :(

Please don't make me turn in my Pearl Jam 10c number

I went for a girl it was on their firstalbum tour in a little club in charleston SC.

I'm sorry :(

You fool, you. ;)