Concert your ashamed to admit you went to..

Comments

• chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I like all the 'made me go' ones... you could have just said no, if you hated the band that much.
    Must mean you secretly liked them. :D

I havent got any to list cause i dont go see bands i dont like.
    Although i saw a band called The Stills (i think) open for Kings of Leon, they were shit, KOL were awesome.
  • I'm not really ashamed of any concerts I've gone to, but a lot of people seem to make fun of me for going to see hall and oates a couple years ago. It was a good concert though.
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    britney spears in 7th grade. my friend had free luxury box passes at jones beach. im ashamed, very ashamed. she looked great though but lip synched the whole time (obviously).
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Well through choice I went to see Judas Priest in around 1990, and after half an hour of watching Rob Halford writhe around very suggestively in a leather cap, and vest, astride a Harley Davidson....I sat uncomfortable in my seat and thought, I'm off for a pint! And I duly left and went to the pub across the road, much to my mates suprise. I reckon I got that Rob was gay before he did, and I wasn't enjoyin the heavy metal version of the Village people at all!
    So, Judas Priest.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    I'm not really ashamed of any concerts I've gone to, but a lot of people seem to make fun of me for going to see hall and oates a couple years ago. It was a good concert though.

(said in voice of Nelson from the Simpsons)..."Hall & Oats? , HA HAAH"!
  • Went to see carrie underwood and brad paisley with a good friend only because she wanted so badly to see carrie.....actually ended up meeting her and my friend got to take a pic with her....damn she's hot...really not ashamed, just not really cool
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Posts: 2,489
    robbie williams

:o
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    What is a concert you are ashamed you attended. I have a couple for different categories.

Girl Friend made me go category:
    - Matchbox Twenty
    -Nsync

Too Young, and had to go with family category
    -Boyz II Men, TLC, and Montell Jordan all on one show

Bad Musical Tastes Category
    -Korn (twice...I know)
    -Godsmack (I went to see the Deftones)
    -Disturbed
    -Linkin Park (twice)
    -The Used and Finch
    -Creed 4x (no explination, I'm very sorry. One show was a make-up because the guy was sick the first, but still no explination)
    -92.3 Cleveland Christmas Show feat. 311 (not bad) Blink 182, Sum 41, Puddle of Mudd (all terrible)

I basically want to forget my high school years

Free Tickets Category
    - Nine Days/Stoke 9 (this one hurts)

Bush...twice.

ex-bf made me go. :mad:
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    Bon jovi

But i was only 13.
    chinobaeza wrote:
    robbie williams

:o
    Oh man, tough break.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Girlfriend made me see Ryan Cabrera and Yellowcard, both absolute fucking garbage, a couple of the worst nights of my life..........after that I refused to ever go to a concert with her of somebody that I dont like.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Girlfriend made me see Ryan Cabrera and Yellowcard, both absolute fucking garbage, a couple of the worst nights of my life..........after that I refused to ever go to a concert with her of somebody that I dont like.

Does anyone else think that on Immagine in Cornice that when Mike is talking about his tats that the dude from Yellowcard looks like him? I can't see that scene w/o thinking that.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Here's one that will draw a lot of "WTF?"s ...

It was opening day to the Giants ... me and a few folks form the office (some quite a bit younger, early 20s) took the day off and took in the game ... good times (Derek Lowe was pitching for the Dodgers and he had just come off his Championship season for the Sox, so, I went and cheered Lowe all day ... to the displeasure of every Giants fan) ... after the game, continued to drink some more ... and more ... and more ...

So .. after we wrap up dinner and are ready to call it a night, we get a call from a few other friends ... more youngin's .... and they tell us to scoot over to the Red Devil Lounge ...

I know they play music all the time, I've seen a few bands over there, I'm game (never once asking "who's playin'?") ... so ... we get there ... and they immediately pay my cover for me .... $20!

I guess the 5 minutes of sobering up on the cab ride over allowed me to remember to ask, "who is playing???" ... all the 20 something year old girls in the group start giggling ...

I look at the display .... and sober up with a quickness when I see:

Tonight Only - TIFFANY

Yup ... the "I Think We're Alone Now", mall diva .... Tiffany.

Indeed, I went in ... people were loving it ... she's a little more hard core now (hell, one or two of her songs sounded down right hard rock/metal), so, her edge made it a bit more intersting ... have to say ... with the drinking and the company I was in, I had a good time.

There, I said it ... I went to a Tiffany concert and had a good time!

Whew .... I feel cleansed.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I have to say some of these are pretty funny. The two I don't quite understand are Tears for Fears and Bush. I actually liked both those bands and would have seen them if I'd had the chance. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • I still like Matchbox 20! *runs and hides*
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I still like Matchbox 20! *runs and hides*
    They weren't that bad either. Not my favorite, but still. :) I can't really think of a concert I'm sorry I went to. Some definitely aren't my favorites, but hell, I enjoy almost any live music, even the kid garage bands in neighborhoods we've lived in. Anyone is for sure more talented than I am. lol :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Creed

What was I thinking? LOL
  • Spin Doctors
    They were co headlining with Soul Asylum and Screaming Trees opened, which is all fine and good. I wasn't even ashamed at the time but now I usually would just mention Soul Asylum and Screaming Trees and not the Spin Doctors.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I saw Creed with my brother...and enjoyed it (Jerry Cantrell opened which would have been nice if anybody else actually knew who he was). Also, the wife (g/f at the time) and I saw 3 Doors Down with Tantric and Shinedown back in 2005. Shinedown was good (unknown at the time), Tantric was ok, but 3 Doors Down was terrible and they were who we went to see...
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    geishagrrl wrote:
    Spin Doctors
    They were co headlining with Soul Asylum and Screaming Trees opened, which is all fine and good. I wasn't even ashamed at the time but now I usually would just mention Soul Asylum and Screaming Trees and not the Spin Doctors.
    Haha agree. I loved Screaming Trees and liked Soul Asylum, but Spin Doctors? Not so much. :D
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    polyphonic techno spree ( whatever theyre called )

just polyphonic spree. and why would you be ashamed of that? they're awesome.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    geishagrrl wrote:
    Spin Doctors

some of you people are nuts! i love the spin doctors and i'd go see them in a heartbeat. same for bush... i saw them once and they were awesome.

i know some people think i should be, but i saw hanson and im not ashamed of it. i'd go see hootie and the blowfish too.
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    daniel bedingfield (sp?)...he had some sort of dance/club song that was slightly popular in 2000-01. i begrudgingly gave up my last ten dollars (i was saving it for $1 beer night :) )...and allowed my friends to convince me to go with them to see him. he only performed for 15 minutes...and i almost cussed him out, demanding my ten dollars back, as he ran past me. i held back...but soooo close!

i've also been dragged to my chemical romance, jack's mannequin, and others i'm blocking out :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    I've seen Simple Plan and Fall Out Boy live.

*Runs away in shame*

I've seen simple plan, nickleback, vanessa amorosi, craig david, shaggy. ouch. oh and delta goodrem.

Most of these were festivals though but pop festivals:(

I've seen matchbox 20 too i think that was the only one i chose to go to, and paid for etc.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    thunderDAN wrote:
    What is a concert you are ashamed you attended. I have a couple for different categories.

Girl Friend made me go category:
    - Matchbox Twenty
    -Nsync

Too Young, and had to go with family category
    -Boyz II Men, TLC, and Montell Jordan all on one show

Bad Musical Tastes Category
    -Korn (twice...I know)
    -Godsmack (I went to see the Deftones)
    -Disturbed
    -Linkin Park (twice)
    -The Used and Finch
    -Creed 4x (no explination, I'm very sorry. One show was a make-up because the guy was sick the first, but still no explination)
    -92.3 Cleveland Christmas Show feat. 311 (not bad) Blink 182, Sum 41, Puddle of Mudd (all terrible)

I basically want to forget my high school years

Free Tickets Category
    - Nine Days/Stoke 9 (this one hurts)

dude WHAT???!!!! those are some good shows right there!!!! ESPECIALLY the KORN show!!!! The GODSMACK show.....DISTURBED!!! BOYSIIMEN!!! come on!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    I'm gonna trump you all, I SAW BRITNEY SPEARS!!!!!!

When I was at Uni a few years ago, very drunk, I must add, I agreed to go with a mate, he had tickets for him and his girlfriend, but they split up. And yes, it was every bit as horrendous as you might imagine!

yeah well, i saw CHRISTINA AGUILERA annnnd JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE. and it was like 2 days after i was fresh off the RIOT ACT tour in 03. Thats right. U can believe i sported my PERL JAM shirt PROUDLY. ohhhh yeah baby.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

I saw the opening night of the Hootie and the Blowfish tour in 1995.

Yep.

But hey, if that's the worst (IMO) then I guess I'm doing ok... lol

i LOVVVVVE hootie!!!! They do some GOOd shows!!! Me and their tour manager were tigt once upon a time. ahhhhh i love hootie. i met them & they rule.

CaterinaA wrote:
    MENUDO (yeah, I know)

ok i havnt finished reading all of this thread but no matter what......YOU WIN!!!! worst show EVER!!!!! :eek: please walk the hall of shame.

i'd go see hootie and the blowfish too.

SWEET!!!! thats RIGHT. NO shame!!!

• Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Glass Tiger....I was really young and at the time I was convinced they were better than the Beatles and would be around forever (in fact I had that arguement many times with my dad)

Spin Doctors....went to see Soul Asylum and Screaming Trees (although even that fact is rather embaressing now)

Stone Temple Pilots....they were grunge - and at the time I loved all things grunge (worst show i've ever seen)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!