Who likes Incubus?

124»

Comments

• DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    Ricsard wrote:
    BUSH (by the way their music is not that bad at all but absolutely unoriginal)

music> Nirvana and Pearl Jam
    image, look > Eddie Vedder

IMHO

you think Bush music is better than Nirvana and Pearl Jam? Nigel Pulsford is the most hack guitarist in history. All Bush had goin for them was RazorBlade Suicase.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • i absolutely love incubus and i dont care what you think.
    they are amazing and if you guys would take the time to listen to the music and not judge incubus for brandon doing a gap commercial. i have ever single one of their cd's and am probably the biggest incubus fan on this forum. they are responsible for getting heavily into rock. i think the reason they are way overlooked would be brandons good looks and how in a way exploits them, which was the launching pad for their "mainstream" popularity.Brandon has one of the most amazing voices and range ive ever heard, and Mike is seriously overlooked and i love the solo on Priceless. If you guys think they lack energy watch Alive At Red Rocks, AMAZING. lots of people dont know that theyve been together since high school, and technically are basically as old as Pearl Jam, but im sure they were just learning to get their groove on and Pearl Jam was already kickin out the jams.

I could see Incubus doing an amazing Pearl Jam cover, like Black (better than that ego-inflated dick face aaron lewis) maybe tremor christ, id really like to see that.
    I will always concider Incubus my first favorite band
    (what if i had a mustard drenched cucumber tied to my leg and i did not want my pants to get dirty?)
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    incubus = my favorite band, but Pearl Jam covering incubus, why not? Who the fuck cares which band's been around longer, you can still cover new songs... that's total bullshit.
    If I could, think I would give in.
    And incubus live.... uhhhh! Amazing. Saw them twice. First time they played a Black Hole Sun cover and it was fucking sweet. Ben Kenney sure can provide that "Black Hole Sun" scream.
  • incubus = my favorite band, but Pearl Jam covering incubus, why not? Who the fuck cares which band's been around longer, you can still cover new songs... that's total bullshit.

we should take this back to where it was supposed to be.

ok, what songs would be the coolest to hear ed sing. i dont think it could be a single, those arent their best songs.
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
    I'm thinking the newer higher ranged stuff may be a bit tough... so I'm looking at Fungus to Make Yourself... even though Make Yourself may be a bit rough. I think it'd be cool to see him sing Clean.
  • ah your reading my mind.

definetly a high pearl jam song for brandon and a lower one for eddie.

wow, clean would be amazing! god im getting chills, if brandon can bring adression to that song imagine what eddie could do!

IM JEALOUS YOU SAW THEM COVER BLACK HOLE SUN ,that was on the pod cast!
    i saw them live in 04. i cant wait for nov.
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
    November as in for the new cd? Ahhhhhh helllll yeah... then touring next year.... SHEEEEEEESH!!! Fuck.
  • They said that they wrote their heaviest song ever called "Dig" and i cant fuckin wait to hear it, and you know how heavy the stuff on S.C.I.E.N.C.E is!

have you ever noticed the strange similarities between PJ and Incubus?
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
    Some... yes. I've been noticing some between RHCP and incubus a bit more... their voices are in the same direction sometimes.
  • Some... yes. I've been noticing some between RHCP and incubus a bit more... their voices are in the same direction sometimes.

Fungus is very RHCP influenced, you can definately hear it.
    I thought the Black Hole Sun cover was pretty cool, ive also heard one for Teardrop (Massive Attack) and although nowhere near the original its still a good time.
    Id like to hear Incubus cover something like Not For You. As for Pearl Jam (and im not saying its gonna happen, just intestering to think about) maybe Ed would go well on something like Leech, or Make Yourself.
    Its been 8 years, but I still believe...PJ in NZ 06!

"No matter how cold the winter, theres a springtime ahead'
  • hah. i was just listening to leech and i thought it would be too high.
    im not saying that ed cant sing the notes its just that his voice sounds better when its deep.

i absolutely love PJ, Incubus, and RHCP
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    hah. i was just listening to leech and i thought it would be too high.
    im not saying that ed cant sing the notes its just that his voice sounds better when its deep.

i absolutely love PJ, Incubus, and RHCP

Eddie's got a super sexy low voice. One of my faves (among many) is DTE during the high hallelujah and then Eddie comes in with his foxy low "hallelujah". mmmm. It gives me the chills every time he does it. :)

Love Incubus and every album they've put out.
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    Incubus rocks!!
    Have 4 of their albums. So far Morning View is my favorite.
    Can't really see the EV/PJ resemblance though.
    I'm so psyched to hear that they might put out a new album in november!!
    So far I'm the only one among my friends that digs them. But I'll keep pushing them and hope to see them live next year!
    I don't think we'll ever hear PJ do a Incubus cover, but it would be cool to hear Eddie's voice on 11am........
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    doujo wrote:
    fungus amugus, science, and some of make yourself are awesome. this new stuff sucks.
    this new stuff sucks..that BS.ITS ALL GREAT:)
    Cornell pwns u
  • DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    MetalGod75 wrote:
    this new stuff sucks..that BS.ITS ALL GREAT:)

Morning view is fantastic. ACLOTM has some really sweet guitarwork.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    DieasGrey wrote:
    you think Bush music is better than Nirvana and Pearl Jam?
    [...]

ARE YOU CRAZY??????
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
    I really like his voice on ACLOTM... it may seem a little high, but I think he's perfect for it, he definitely can pull off the high pitches. FUNGUS and S.C.I.E.N.C.E. his voice was too scruffy... Make Yourself you started to actually see a maturity in his voice and then it got higher from there. I think his voice has only gotten better.
  • dangerboy wrote:
    pearl jam covering incubus? blasphemy.....

isn't there an unwritten rule about covering a song by a band that's not only 10 years NEWER than you, but also isn't qualified to carry your gear into the venue?

Theres also an unwritten rule about DUMBASSES NOT TALKING

Incubus' first cd came out in 95, 3 years after pearl jam NOT TEN...
    PearlJam134.gif
    Also, records have shown that incubus was around in 92ish, or somewhere close to that.
  • respectfully, i disagree. i think a finished studio recording is a piece of art in and of itself. and as a musician, i respect that. there are lots of bands that don't carry over as well live, but i don't think that means they're not a band. it just means that their talents and strengths are realized with the aid of controlling the sound more. yes, i respect bands that can translate over live even more. but i don't think that all of the bands (many, but not all) in your list above totally suck. example: i seriously love duran duran's records, but i would never go see them live. wait, i actually did, and they sounded ok, but i didn't expect them to be dead on... i guess that's just it. it depends on what you realistically expect. but i can name 20 songs that pj plays live very differently from how they were originally recorded. doesn't diminish it for me at all... gives a different feel, which i like...

So you know, the term 'band' for a musical group is derived from the fact that there used to be 'bands' of people, roaming territories, that would play and share stories from other regions. 'Band' by its very definition means touring. As far as the "their talents and strengths are realized with the aid of controlling the sound more" statement--that's called 'covering'. If you have talent, you don't need that shit to 'aid' you and make you better than being heard live.
  • Also, records have shown that incubus was around in 92ish, or somewhere close to that.

started off in 90... eventually covering pearl jam songs a little...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus_%28band%29
    PearlJam134.gif
  • dane wrote:
    Incubus rocks!!
    Have 4 of their albums. So far Morning View is my favorite.
    Can't really see the EV/PJ resemblance though.
    I'm so psyched to hear that they might put out a new album in november!!
    So far I'm the only one among my friends that digs them. But I'll keep pushing them and hope to see them live next year!
    I don't think we'll ever hear PJ do a Incubus cover, but it would be cool to hear Eddie's voice on 11am........

11am is a beautiful song but im not sure I see Ed on it..love it though. Clean is definately a great choice, you can see Ed doing that some justice.
    Its been 8 years, but I still believe...PJ in NZ 06!

"No matter how cold the winter, theres a springtime ahead'