Who likes Incubus?

Comments

• i like incubus and i think they've actually gotten a lot better. i saw them on the crow left of the murder tour and they were great. their new stuff is more open to interpretation live, like pj in a way (but not as good as pj), and being on the same label as pj forever, i think they may have been influenced a bit, putting out a few live shows a year or two ago.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    they're okay....but they're live show was one of the biggest letdowns for me ever....lacked energy...pretty boring in fact....one of the few times I've left a show early.

very boring live

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Me
  • jaygreen12jaygreen12 Posts: 166
    Incubus is an awesome band that puts on an amazing live show...nothing compared to pj of course.
    6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    my sig if for the people who feel the need to list every show they've been to in their sig....a dedication of sorts.

I was also annoyed by your sig - but I have to admit, that explanation is pretty funny.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • skinnylegsskinnylegs Posts: 112
    I like Incubus, but I lost all respect for them when Brandon did that GAP ad.
    "Those who dance are called insane by people who don't hear the music."
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    romybian wrote:
    4 votes...

I can't believe this board doesn't have a limit for the length of one's signature.
  • i_alexi_alex Posts: 2
    very cool live band....no pearl jam, but cool
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    Incubus is awesome. I've seen them twice and both times were very good.

I think Incubus should cover Pearl Jam but don't think PJ should cover them.

Indian Summer - Your sig is annoying.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    NeilJam wrote:

I can't believe this board doesn't have a limit for the length of one's signature.

it actually does. it's 300 characters, but apparently there's no limit on spaces...

this board does have one lovely feature that will fix the problem though: ignore user.

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • dangerboy wrote:
    pearl jam covering incubus? blasphemy.....

isn't there an unwritten rule about covering a song by a band that's not only 10 years NEWER than you, but also isn't qualified to carry your gear into the venue?

1993 (Incubus)- 1990 (Pearl Jam)=3 years. Despite the ignorance, of course they arent gonna cover Incubus. They are two brilliant bands and Incubus did borrow some influence from PJ, and the claim that they're boring live is complete bullshit.
    And seriously dude, that sig is not clever/interesting/relevant. Its just a pain in the ass.
    Its been 8 years, but I still believe...PJ in NZ 06!

"No matter how cold the winter, theres a springtime ahead'
  • One of my favorites, though it is hard to beat PJ...
    Randalls Island II, NY 96',East Rutherford, NJ 98',Jones Beach I, NY 00',Philadelphia, PA 03'
    Nassau Col., NY 03',MSG I and II, NY 03',Hershey, PA 03',Holmdel, NJ 03',Philadelphia, PA 05'
    Boston I, 06', East Rutherford I, II 06',MSG I, II 08', Philadelphia, PA III 09', Newark, NJ 10', MSG II 10'
  • DieasGrey wrote:
    I love Incubus...

Einziger owns McCready

I wouldnt go that far, sometimes you can appreciate two brilliant guitarist without placing one above the other. Einziger is totally underappreciated though.

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    Incubus!!! Good band, saw them instead of the VFC finale on '04... not that I would have seen it anyway, I really only pay for PJ when they headline
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    1993 (Incubus)- 1990 (Pearl Jam)=3 years. Despite the ignorance, of course they arent gonna cover Incubus. They are two brilliant bands and Incubus did borrow some influence from PJ, and the claim that they're boring live is complete bullshit.
    And seriously dude, that sig is not clever/interesting/relevant. Its just a pain in the ass.

actually, their own website says they formed in high school in 1991, not 1993...ignoramuses who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks...

on the other hand, they didn't have a major label record or hit until 1999. before that, they're just a punk ass local band nobody ever heard of. but thanks for proving my point. a band that forms in 1991 and can't get a song on the radio for 8 years? as opposed to a band that forms in late 1990 and releases it's first major label album less than a year later, sells over ten million copies of it and has at least three hit singles? my point about incubus' qualifications stands....

brainofPJ wrote:
    very boring live

WHAT?!!?! I don't know what show you were at, but Merriweather '04 they did a KILLER drum solo out of the blue... I don't know whats boring to you, but I think PJ have uped your standards too high.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    dangerboy wrote:
    actually, their own website says they formed in high school in 1991, not 1993...ignoramuses who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks...

on the other hand, they didn't have a major label record or hit until 1999. before that, they're just a punk ass local band nobody ever heard of. but thanks for proving my point. a band that forms in 1991 and can't get a song on the radio for 8 years? as opposed to a band that forms in late 1990 and releases it's first major label album less than a year later, sells over ten million copies of it and has at least three hit singles? my point about incubus' qualifications stands....

Lol your saying Incubus is worse because they actually formed in high school, worked the local scene, paid there dues as an indy band and finally hit it big?

Im going to have to say i respect how they kept working at till they made it.

Pearl Jam hit it big for being in the right place at the right time. They rode on the coat-tails of all the work of thier earlier bands.

There is not one element of Incubus that is weak (compared to PJ). Boyd has a great voice, Einziger is great, Pasillas can rock, both bass players were/is good. And ever cd comes out different. Another band that isnt afraid to change and evolve.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • I like them in the way that I know if they can make it, make a shitload of cash, then anyone can. They reassure me that mediocrity can not only survive, it can thrive.
    I like them in the way that I know if they can make it, make a shitload of cash, then anyone can. They reassure me that mediocrity can not only survive, it can thrive.

and even spawn clones...

see "hoobastank"

dangerboy wrote:
    and even spawn clones...

see "hoobastank"

Um and Pearl Jam never spawned clones?

See "Creed" and "Candlebox"
    Um and Pearl Jam never spawned clones?

See "Creed" and "Candlebox"

not authorized clones that they are friends with and who have opened for them on tours....

• bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    doujo wrote:
    fungus amugus, science, and some of make yourself are awesome. this new stuff sucks.

agreed i loved them in like high school.. and probably would now too if science was released now.. that album was so fucking good and different from anything at the time.. but unforunetely 1997 was the start of the decline of music.. boy bands, emo and limp bizkit started around then... so they never got the recognition they deserved....until of course they started writing radio music... the suits have definetely won.. its a shame but i still have hope
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • dangerboy wrote:

Okay so 91, even further proving my point. So because they kept quiet until 99 (in your eyes, youre wrong in any case) and because they didnt get a song on the radio thats your argument? Righto.
    Fungus Amongus was written/done in 96, and deemed to be so good that it was released later on when discovered. This was a bunch of 16/17 year olds...and its a hell of an album. And youre saying Incubus doesnt have 3 hit singles? Are You In, Nice to Know You, Wish You Were, Drive, Stellar, Warning, Megalomaniac, Talk Shows on Mute.....nice one chump.
    And look, they're not your usual 4/5 piece stock standard band, they change things up and are musically very versitile. They have great energy live and hey they even tour the South in the US..

Man all the slam on Incubus... no one ever said they were EPIC, just FUN! :)
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Man all the slam on Incubus... no one ever said they were EPIC, just FUN! :)

they were in my books back in the day.. i have a dvd of them from 1997 and its hard to believe how young they were.. their oringinality and energy is seriously comparable to seattle bands from 1991..

it took a few years to fully swallow the fact they were changing their sound but its not really their fault.. its the mainstream that turned to shit and they were probably broke

but the modeling for gap... come on now brandon....
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    Okay so 91, even further proving my point. So because they kept quiet until 99 (in your eyes, youre wrong in any case) and because they didnt get a song on the radio thats your argument? Righto.
    Fungus Amongus was written/done in 96, and deemed to be so good that it was released later on when discovered. This was a bunch of 16/17 year olds...and its a hell of an album. And youre saying Incubus doesnt have 3 hit singles? Are You In, Nice to Know You, Wish You Were, Drive, Stellar, Warning, Megalomaniac, Talk Shows on Mute.....nice one chump.
    And look, they're not your usual 4/5 piece stock standard band, they change things up and are musically very versitile. They have great energy live and hey they even tour the South in the US..

don't call me chump, cuz i'm not.

so in 91 they're in high school, but in 96 they were 16/17? where the hell did you learn math?

and i didn't say they didn't have three singles. you should also brush up on the reading comprehension. i said they didn't have three hit singles off thier first album and that their first album didn't sell 10 million copies. in fact, i'd bet they haven't sold ten million total copies of all of their albums, much less one....

are you seriously arguing that pearl jam should cover incubus?

oh, yeah, and i'm also just stirring the pot some...there's no accounting for taste, as they say where i'm from. you're free to think incubus is better than pearl jam or led zeppelin or pink floyd or whatever. vairiety is the spice of life...

shit, it's late. now i'm talking in cliches....

• dangerboy wrote:
    don't call me chump, cuz i'm not.

so in 91 they're in high school, but in 96 they were 16/17? where the hell did you learn math?

and i didn't say they didn't have three singles. you should also brush up on the reading comprehension. i said they didn't have three hit singles off thier first album and that their first album didn't sell 10 million copies. in fact, i'd bet they haven't sold ten million total copies of all of their albums, much less one....

are you seriously arguing that pearl jam should cover incubus?

oh, yeah, and i'm also just stirring the pot some...there's no accounting for taste, as they say where i'm from. you're free to think incubus is better than pearl jam or led zeppelin or pink floyd or whatever. vairiety is the spice of life...

shit, it's late. now i'm talking in cliches....

An earlier post of mine said Pearl Jam shouldnt cover Incubus. I got the 96 part wrong, im man enough to admit that. I can turn around and say Incubus had more hit singles in their 20's than Pearl Jam did, but usually you can find a fact to back up any claim.

Im with a post above, I never said Incubus were the best band ever, just I love them and will continue to do so. If you dont like em, then I can understand that. Im looking forward to a new album in November

An earlier post of mine said Pearl Jam shouldnt cover Incubus. I got the 96 part wrong, im man enough to admit that. I can turn around and say Incubus had more hit singles in their 20's than Pearl Jam did, but usually you can find a fact to back up any claim.

Im with a post above, I never said Incubus were the best band ever, just I love them and will continue to do so. If you dont like em, then I can understand that. Im looking forward to a new album in November

sorry, missed your post about pj not covering them...

see, to me, a cover tune is like a tribute. it should mean something. not just "hey i like pearl jam and i like incubus pearl jam should play an incubus song", more like "hey, pearl jam is playing somebody else's song. it must mean something to them, or maybe it was influential in their formative years", ya know?

i don't necessarily dislike incubus, it's just that imho, they're not anybody who would have had the necessary influence on pearl jam for pearl jam to cover them....

• ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    I like them........have all the cds plus Live in Japan, the dvd of Live at Red Rock and I WISH I WAS THERE!!!! After seeing PJ all 3 nites in SF I'm still high but I dig Incubus.....a lot.....true, Mike E is underappreciated.....he does a short sweet solo on Priceless off ACLOM and it kicks nicely.....But Mike M is THE MAN in my book. I've seen them at Bridge and Lolla and thought they had great energy......and I don't understand why someone would lose respect for a band cos their singer did a GAP commercial. ?????
  • Bottom line: they suck.