arcade fire

13»

Comments

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Any other song I should dig into right NOW?

(Antichrist Television Blues)

Read the lyrics while you listen, because they're the most important part of the song.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    if dashboard confessional annoys you, you will still love this band! ;)
    glad to hear this, I was starting to worry...i'm not a dashboard fan.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    sorry dude, im not throwing out my arcade fire cd becos my interpretation of the music doesnt jive with your nutty political agenda. i like them becos their music rocks and features touching lyrics that deal with the ADULT themes of growing up, losing innocence, and coping with loss and frustration. and i laso like the fact that you have NO answer whatsoever to the truth of this:

"who's paying for you internet and your college? since you've made it clear you never worked a day in your life, i know it isn't you. so adults are providing you the education to be aware of these issues. adults are making the music that you claim is inspiring you to move for change. adults are paying for your internet access to get on here and whine about how mean they are to you. are you in iraq? is your life on the line? no. you're in college, working towards a degree that is being paid for by adults adults on a computer bought by adults enraged becos of music written by adults.

no, all that's sacred does not come from youth. the adults are doing the best they can in a world with a lot of fucked up people. they're not perfect and neither are you."

what's the matter college boy? dont like being called out for being all talk?

lol

I keep hoping for a reply from Cheguevara6...
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    You don't see the similarities between Dashboard and Arcade Fire????

They mirror each other.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Danimal wrote:

They mirror each other.

I havent listened to Dashboard in awhile...never really liked them, and I am a newbie to Arcade Firee, but I dont see the similarities. But that might just be me...Unless dashboard changed their sound over the last few years.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Danimal wrote:

They mirror each other.

all i know is arcade fire never wrote a song as gay as "your haaaair, is eeeeeeeverywhere!"

no, i dont. at all.
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Danimal wrote:

They mirror each other.
    I hope you are kidding.