Top 5 most unoriginal bands you've ever heard

124»

Comments

• MLB5150MLB5150 Posts: 70
    oppie1 wrote:
    how can you say slipknot were unoriginal? name me one band that sounds like them.. they're one hell of an awesome band, and even better live

my list is

Oasis
    Radiohead
    Coldplay
    White Stripes
    Chris Cornell

Radiohead, right. Cause every other rock albums sounds like OK Computer. Their one of the most original bands around.
    "Who did you say you were, replacing might for miracles?" - ajc
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    MLB5150 wrote:
    Radiohead, right. Cause every other rock albums sounds like OK Computer. Their one of the most original bands around.

Other than Radiohead that list perfect, I mean just look at how unoriginal Chris Cornell is, He Rips off Soundgarden SOOOO MUCH.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • IMHO...I think there are only a few 'original' bands-solo artists. Everyone else is an imitator or a hybrid of other bands - solo artists.

My list of 'original' bands - solo artists that could be considered 'rock and roll':

Little Richard
    Chuck Berry
    Elvis
    The Beatles
    The Rolling Stones
    Bob Dylan
    Cream - Eric Clapton
    The Doors - Jim Morrison
    Jimi Hendrix
    The Band
    The Who - Pete Townsend
    The Beach Boys - Brian Wilson
    David Bowie
    Pink Floyd
  • oppie1 wrote:
    radiohead sounds like every other whiny english band..

and the white stripes sound like junior high talent show bands.. so.. thats why they're unoriginal

I gotta hit junior high talent shows more often. you are so off base you've been picked off.
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    To be fair to the guy who said 'Radiohead'. The first 2 albums sound like alot of stuff that was happening in the UK that era Britpop. Ok Computer is like a hybrid of Prog and Jesus and the Mary Chain. While Kid A and Ammessiac while being 'original' to most rock or guitar band fans is actually quite a ripoff of bands on the White Label again from that era, electronic beats/ambient acts such as Future Sound of London - Thom admitted this himself.

But even with that they really don't belong anywhere on this list :P
  • These "list your top 5" threads are getting ridiculous. Most of the people just list five bands they don't like and disregard whether or not they meet the criteria for this thread.
  • I'm sure there's more than 5 rap bands/artists so I'll just have to say anyone after Run-DMC or Public Enemy is pretty fuckin unoriginal.
    the Minions
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    From what i understand with "most unoriginal bands" (bands that copy other ones..plain and simple without a reinterpretation) i'd mention the following bands without any special order:

1= Oasis
    2= Days of the New
    3= Poison
    4= Ub40
    5= Ace of Base (wth!)

Just lame and boring..awful music as well

I do respect all opinions but i really can't believe people mentioning Radiohead as an unoriginal band. It's true at first they had the typical brit rock sound, but that doesn't make them unoriginal, that would be like saying every rock band or reggae band is unoriginal, they may sound alike but they all have something that makes them sound unique.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    this thread is

funny
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • oppie1 wrote:
    yeah.. good call.. that Are You Gonna Be My Girl song was alot better when Iggy Pop did it and called Lust for Life... its the same fucking music

And they stole quite a bit of the vocal melody from the guitar solo in Sympathy for the Devil.
  • Unoriginal bands? ohhh easy!

In no particular order.....

Pearl Jam
    Mastodon (an album based on Moby Dick you say? surely not in the 21st century?! .... genius :D)
    Agents of Oblivion / Deadboy and the Elephantmen / Acidbath (ANYTHING Dax Riggs touches, his voice is like chocolate!)
    White Zombie / Rob Zombie (pure sleaze!)
    Stone Gossard (Bayleaf - amazing :D)
    Faith No More / Peeping Tom / Mr Bungle (Mike Patton... he is THE evil genius!)
    The Cure
    T-Rex
    Mother Love Bone (of course :D)
    The Beach Boys
    The Kings of Leon (only got 'A-ha Shake Heartbreak' recently but I love it!)
    The Pixies
    Jefferson Airplane

nothing else like those bands for me for being unoriginal, could probably think of more but i'll let someone else have a go :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Godsmack
    Linkin Park
    Limp Bizkit
    Wolfmother
    Blink 182

Most bands on FM radio
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    oppie1 wrote:
    how can you say slipknot were unoriginal? name me one band that sounds like them.. they're one hell of an awesome band, and even better live

my list is

Oasis
    Radiohead
    Coldplay
    White Stripes
    Chris Cornell

lol Radiohead unoriginal. That might be the funniest thing I've ever read. And who did the White Stripes rip off? Listen to their albums not just the radio songs. I don't even like them but I would never in a million years claim they are unoriginal.

Most unoriginal: Nickelback, Foo Fighters, any band that puts a strange slow song as the last song of their album