Jon Mayer: Lame or good musician

13»

Comments

• Grand Rapids...........MN?
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I just snagged two tickets to see him yet again, this time at MSG, where I don't think he's played before. Should be interesting to see him in a very large venue like that.
  • I heard him in an interview yesterday on a local rock station here in Melbourne and he seems like a great guy to be honest. A great sense of humour and not as full of himself as one might expect. He also played a new song of his (I'm not a big fan so I don't know the name) but it was quite brillant actually. A lot of his songs I don't like that much but he is a very good guitarist. He's also a big fan of Oz's Bernard Fanning (Powderfinger) so the man has taste.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    moster78 wrote:
    I just snagged two tickets to see him yet again, this time at MSG, where I don't think he's played before. Should be interesting to see him in a very large venue like that.

He actually sold out MSG a couple years back, I think it was in the winter. Anyways, it'll be a cool show wrapping up the tour this year.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    john mayer is awesome
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    chimpat wrote:
    He actually sold out MSG a couple years back, I think it was in the winter. Anyways, it'll be a cool show wrapping up the tour this year.

I didn't know that. It'll definitely be a good show regardless. Got some great seats!
  • I never gave John Mayer a second thought...I saw him this past summer in concert, kinda sparked things up but still not fully interested. I just got back from a mini road trip with a friend, and she loves JM...I had no choice but to really listen and started to feel the lyric's. So what am I doing today, downloading JM tunes from Napster:o
    His vocals and lyric's might not be the best but his guitar playing, I must admit, has hooked me in:)
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    Sucks!