Options

Are there any other bands you have the same passion for?

Comments

• Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    King Prawn, I feel quite passionate about and they've been split up 3 years nearly, but not close to Pearl Jam, PJ are on a different level.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    Soundgarden, Audioslave, Live, Smashing Pumpkins, Led Zeppelin.......
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Radiohead

... and I got to see them BOTH in the same week. AND I got fan club seats for both. I still can't believe my luck and I'm basking in the appreciation of it.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    KELLYS LEASHKELLYS LEASH Posts: 184
    New Kids on The Block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No Pearl Jam and only Pearl Jam for me their my biggest obsession i don't have any space for others. :)
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i think pearl jam stands alone for me, in terms of collecting and seeing live shows, being in the fan club, hanging out on message boards, knowing the band history, etc. they've just got this whole obsessive package to me that no other band quite approaches.

as far as just the music though... the beatles, oasis, and U2 are pretty close. i love listening to their music.

as far as concert-going... i think ekoostik hookah and the black crowes are the only two that i get as excited for their live show as pearl jam. though that will probably change if i ever get to see U2.
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    it's a different sort of passion than for pj, but i have strong passion for the beatles, the who, and bowie.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    Lukin1967Lukin1967 Posts: 24
    The Black Crowes...
    May '03 State College, PA
    July '03 Hershey, PA
    June '06 Pittsburgh, PA

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,487
    no point in anyother only mind space and patience with this band after attending over 350 concerts of all kinds of music the last 14 or so years have been devoted totally to pj fuck all the others no one does what this band does for it's fan base period.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Eels
    One day the world will be ready for you
    and wonder how they didn't see it...E
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    I reckon I am not the biggest Pearl jam fan on this forum. I am not blinded. I really love them for the role they played in my life. But I have quite some bands that get me more excited than Pearl jam. However there are only a few that tough me that deep.

Anyway Motorpsycho is by far my favourite band.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I wouldn't have the time or the money to devote / spend on any other band, at least not in the way I do on Pearl Jam.

However depending on my mood depends on what other bands I like each day. D:

There are a few creeping up to half way near where PJ are though.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,116
    There's no band that will compare to Pearl Jam for me. The ones that come the closest are the "Seattle scene" bands like Nirvana, Soundgarden, AIC, and Mudhoney.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Smashing Pumpkins
    The Cure
    The Police
    The Cars
    The Clash
    U2
    Depeche Mode
    The Beatles
  • Options
    Not to the same extent, but Bob Dylan is the closest for me. Then Neil Young, Radiohead, the Strokes, Black Crowes, Nirvana, Interpol, Pink FLoyd, Zeppelin, and maybe Ben Harper.

Dylan is by far my favorite individual singer/songwriter. Can't get enough of him.
  • Options
    Led Zeppelin > The Stones pre 1975 probably measure above
    However, in the world today, nothing comes close to PJ. Fact
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Rush and Phish

followed by Miles Davis, John Coltrane, The Beatles, Jane's Addiction, Floyd and Primus.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Alice in Chains are easily equal to PJ with me

followed by Tool and Mother Love Bone who are close
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,274
    Led Zeppelin, and anything to do with Jimmy Page. I've been listening to Zep for about 3 years now non-stop and never tired of it. Long may it continue :D
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    SOLAT41SOLAT41 Posts: 21
    My first obsession band has always been Led Zeppelin. Then Pearl Jam is the only other band that's on that level for the most part. Alice in Chains are one of my favorites up there just as high but I dont' obsess over every little detail of them as much. Then DMB is somewhat up there but have dropped off a lot because I don't care for their newest CD as much. Their older stuff is great though.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." ~PJ
  • Options
    pearl jam is my favorite, but
    I LOVE BLIND MELON!!!

but, it's not like i can follow them around on tour. i never even saw them, but i have a ton of boots, and they sound like they woulda been great tours to follow!!
    i went to indiana for shannon hoon's birthday concert and vigil last year, and the fans are great. just like pearl jam--better, even!! people came from as far as australia....and that's not even to SEE the band, just to pay respects to shannon and hang with other melons! too bad shannon died so early. their third and fourth albums would've only gotten better and better.

RIP, S.H.
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    I adore PJ........they sweep me off my feet, make be cry and smile at the same time............but my fondness for all things Cornell makes Audioslave my OTHER passion.........these are the only 2 bands I will travel for and I've already travelled farther for AS...........but I ain't dead yet.......

;)
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,846
    Toshala wrote:
    and I've already travelled farther for AS...

;)

some people have their priorities all jacked up. :rolleyes:
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    nothing long term....

although i have had very intense affairs with Incubus and Nine Inch Nails, when my passion for PJ was waning... ;)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    I'm in the U2 and NIN fanclubs, but unless they switched up setlists like PJ, I wouldn't see them more than once per tour.
  • Options
    jrzmacjrzmac Posts: 3
    Black Sabbath
    Led Zeppelin
    The Beatles
    Pink Floyd
    Jethro Tull
    The Who
    Just to name a few
  • Options
    Not to the same extent, but:

Jose Gonzalez
    Incubus
    Counting Crows
    The Cure (I only first heard them a few months ago but I'm already obsessed)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Dave Matthews and Bright Eyes.. amazing songwriting..
    I would have fallen from the sky
    Til you
    Parachutes have opened now

• Options
    Edge34Edge34 Ottawa Posts: 233
    \w/ METALLICA \w/
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I still love Dylan but haven't seen him since 2002. I still love some of Metallica but haven't seen them since 2000. I didn't even buy St. Anger.

The only artists I've seen live more often than Pearl Jam are Neil Young and Drive-By Truckers.

I'm also a big Bruce Springsteen, Nirvana, and Opeth fan (among others).
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    manic mindmanic mind Posts: 84
    NOPE, never have and I hope I never will! That part of my life is reserved entirely for this band.

Can't say I'd ever regret loving them sooooooo much!
    Just returning the love and dedication they've given to me!

Thanks guys! Can't imagine my life without you!
    Sold to Pearl Jam at birth!