Options

Are there any other bands you have the same passion for?

Comments

• Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 458
    Neil Young

U2
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I'm a Beatles nut. But PJ will always be number one...
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    scat wrote:
    Not the same:(
    i know what you mean, but honestly i have enormously high expectations..

Jimmy and Billy were the only two that really mattered,.. i haven't heard if James joined up again.. but the new bassist has been confirmed as the dude from Jane's Addiction (or at least that he's working with them...).
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    ehcancehcanc Posts: 179
    You have to admit that ....
    scat wrote:
    there are other bands?

j/k and nope, nothing comes close. Pumpkins used to be 2nd favorite, but not close.
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothings changed.

8/12/92 - NJ, 9/28/96 - NY, 9/8/98 - NJ, 9/10/98 - NY, 8/23/00 - NY, 7/8/03 - NY, 7/14/03 - NJ, 5/4/06 - Ed Sullivan Theater, 5/12/06 - NY, 6/1/06 - NJ1, 4/12/08 - ED IN LA !, 6/27/08 - CT, 8/4/08 - ED in NYC !!!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    My two music passions are good rock music: Pearl Jam, & good Hip-Hop: The Roots.

Other than that I'd say the Chili's & Ben Harper
    NERDS!
  • Options
    The Toadies!! My passion for them has died down a little bit since they aren't together anymore and won't be making anymore incredible albums and putting on awesome concerts...except for those "reunion" shows. Oh well that leaves me to focus on Pearl Jam exclusively.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/bluntmang420/pierce5.jpg
    Inside right bicep. This one hurt so bad. I begged the guy to stop after the outline but he said he was just gonna go ahead and finish it off...lol
    Tell the captain 'This boats not safe and we're drowning.'
    Turns out he's the one making waves
  • Options
    cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992
    ehcanc wrote:
    You have to admit that ....
    yeah, they are good. Pearl Jam is the only band I am willing to spend
    $60 on. I don't think I have seen another live show in years? Last one was DMB and I left disgusted.
  • Options
    GirlInRedGirlInRed Posts: 166
    of course...THE BEATLES

I've been into many bands and into many types of music (mostly rock)
    but to actually "follow" a band, wait outside for , collect everything they do, watch everything they're on, spend the most $ on, etc.

well, PJ's the first (and probably last!)
    there once was a note...LISTEN !
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    no

10c
  • Options
    So CruelSo Cruel Posts: 10
    U2
    Springsteen
    Led Zeppelin
    Rolling Stones
    With gems and rhinestones!!!

• Options
    Drive-By Truckers

It's close.

:D
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    are there other bands out there?

just kidding, but no, i'm not as passionate about other bands as i am about pearl jam. pearl jam will always be the best for me, but i do like other bands and singers.
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    mamajammer wrote:
    I haven't even bought music from any other band in years and i refuse to waste my time listening to the radio.

same here......well mostly, i don't listen to the radio, but i have bought other cd's. but PJ stays in my cd player 90% of the time.
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    My big three are:

Pearl Jam
    Radiohead
    Pavement

... PJ is on top though
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    pearl jam isn't my favorite band anymore. i still dig them, but i'm not as rabid as i used to be. the slide started when binaural came out. my absolute favorite band is moe. can't beat their ticket prices and their shows are fan-fucking-tastic. my 40th moe. show is coming up next wednesday, at the saranac brewery courtyard in utica, ny.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    I'm a pretty big Fiona Apple fan and a big TOOL fan as well.
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • Options
    with Pj being #1............i would say......with almost the same passion

#2 Rush
    #3 U2
    #4 Gustavo Cerati (he's from Argentina...used to be the frontman of one of the greatests bands of all times in Spanish rock, Soda Stereo)

then ill say to a lesser degree
    Pink Floyd.
    The police.
    R.E.M.
    Depeche Mode.
    *Proud member of the forged kings nebulae; those of us who love Binaural and Riot Act, and also think that Matt Cameron is the f*ckin greatest!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7142004942
    my pearl jam page
    ahh, the usual...
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    The only other band I have been this fanatical about is Meat Beat Manifesto.

MBM is basically Jack Dangers. Been around for about 20 years. his music is pretty revolutionary. More techno/dance/breakbeat than anything.

http://www.brainwashed.com/mbm/meat.html

Very political, very progressive, very cool.

I can't really explain why his music touches me so much but it does. It is so far removed from PJ its not even funny, but I love it.
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    no, but Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and the Beatles (Rubber Soul and onward) come closest
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    samplersampler Posts: 19
    scat wrote:
    Not the same:(

give it a chance. don't count billy out just yet..
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    scat wrote:
    Pearl Jam is the only band I am willing to spend $60 on.

there is no band on earth that i have more of a passion for than dallas crane. and i have spent $A60 on them and that was when they were supporting. after their set i left and went to see mark lanegan across town.
    pearl jam aren't my favourite band and they never have been.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Ani Difranco is a distant 2nd
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    iluvslashiluvslash Posts: 121
    guns n roses and led zeppelin thats about it.. nirvana is pretty damn close though!
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!
  • Options
    evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    As far as the complete package-PJ is it, but Sigur Ros's music comes in at a close second. I really could not pick the band members out of a line up, but their music will grab you, take you to far off places, and bring you back a changed person. I've yet to see them live, but have many boots, and they sound really great.

PJ on the other hand, I spotted Sir Mike at around 200 yards away- through a fog, and behind a wall (not really, he was probably only 100 yards away, across a parking lot). The point is, for all facets of a band Pearl Jam stands alone to me.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    the only other bands that i get as excited about as PJ is usually:

REM
    Radiohead
    Wilco
    Neil Young

there are other bands that i really love, but nothing compares to those
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    RHCP and FOO FIGHTERS
    ..But 10c is the only fan club I'm in.
  • Options
    conguitaconguita Posts: 222
    I listen 2 music a lot, but untill now no other band has make me feel like PJ...
    so, amongst other bands and styles of music, i guess PJ is the undoubtly #1...
    ..:: I wanna taste everyone I see ::..
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,846
    Pearl Jam...there is no substitute.

for me, no band comes even close to Pearl Jam. i've grown up with Pearl Jam and they've shaped who i am. i've looked up to them like older brothers. :)
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    PJammin' wrote:
    Pearl Jam...there is no substitute.

for me, no band comes even close to Pearl Jam. i've grown up with Pearl Jam and they've shaped who i am. i've looked up to them like older brothers. :)

you party animal. what are doing up at 3 a.m.?

pj is my favorite too...but also I love lifehouse!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more