Live - Throwing Copper

13»

Comments

• kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    OK... the Heaven song... its cheesy, but its kinda nice. I mean, I have a daughter. I don't go around claiming she's the reason I believe heaven exists, but its a nice melody.

The rest of the album... boring at best, horrendous at its worst. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. And I like every previous Live album.

Although Throwing Copper is their most solid album, my favorite song is Ghost - that song just mezmerizes.
  • NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    OK... the Heaven song... its cheesy, but its kinda nice. I mean, I have a daughter. I don't go around claiming she's the reason I believe heaven exists, but its a nice melody.

The rest of the album... boring at best, horrendous at its worst. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. And I like every previous Live album.

Although Throwing Copper is their most solid album, my favorite song is Ghost - that song just mezmerizes.

We can agree to disagree then...

Cuz I just busted out BOP to listen to "Like I Do" and "River Town" specifically - and they still hook me like I did when I first listen to them...

I assume you probably didn't give the new album a spin, then? Same as BOP, some good stuff, some not so much...

EDIT: GHOST is an unbelievable song...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    NakedClown wrote:

Great song, I busted out "Secret Samadhi" the other night after a long absence because of this thread (I had listened to TC two nights before the thread popped), some great songs on it, a few so-so's.
    I think tonight I'll bust out The Distance to Here tonight to follow up Avocado.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Kenny Olav wrote:

yep forgot that song
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • NakedClown wrote:
    We can agree to disagree then...

Cuz I just busted out BOP to listen to "Like I Do" and "River Town" specifically - and they still hook me like I did when I first listen to them...

I assume you probably didn't give the new album a spin, then? Same as BOP, some good stuff, some not so much...

lighthouse is good song also.. all of them sound so good with headphones on,"people like you" off of V ,you can hear them saying yeeeeeeeehawwwwwww in that song .,lollllllllll
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

• Ed's vocal range is hugely underrated

FUCKING A. and i get chills listening to his acoustic songs of i alone, overcome,run to the water,the dolphins cry, etc etc are awesome,call me a fool he does beautiful and the ride,and forever may not be long enough...god he's got a beautiful voice

• hooray for Live.

the only thing that pisses me off is that every time we listen to Live my wife finds it necessary to remind me, for the 3 billionth time, that they are from a small town close to where we live. She finds this necessary I guess since I'm new to the area and she is "proud" of living in shitty rural PA.

The funny thing is, even though she has told me the town literally at least 30 times, I have no idea what town it is!!!
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • hooray for Live.

the only thing that pisses me off is that every time we listen to Live my wife finds it necessary to remind me, for the 3 billionth time, that they are from a small town close to where we live. She finds this necessary I guess since I'm new to the area and she is "proud" of living in shitty rural PA.

The funny thing is, even though she has told me the town literally at least 30 times, I have no idea what town it is!!!

hooray for Live...yeah arent they from york? they have the soy chatroom on friends of live.com soy=straight outta york...lol...they also wrote shit towne about york,i believe.i just know they are a hellofa band thats been together since age13...they rock!!!!!!!!

• SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    Live albums ratings.

Mental : 4/10
    Throwing : 7/10
    Secret : 7/10
    Distance : 5/10
    V : 3/10
    Birds : 3/10
    Mountain : 1/10

They were one of my fav bands around the Throwing/Secret era but since then the last few albums have been lackluster - apart from 'V' where they tried to change their style/image but that sucked (apart from Overcome which is great song).

The new album is fucking awful.

Kindoff like 'Our Lady Peace' I love 'Naveed' enjoy 'Clumsy & Happiness' but then they just got shite.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Still my favorite Live album...
    And I think it's in my top ten ever...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • hooray for Live...yeah arent they from york? they have the soy chatroom on friends of live.com soy=straight outta york...lol...they also wrote shit towne about york,i believe.i just know they are a hellofa band thats been together since age13...they rock!!!!!!!!

Is it York? I guess I should know that since that is like the biggest "city" around here except for Lancaster.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • artjamartjam Posts: 227
    "She rode a horse into my head"

one of the best songs ever recorded.

Great Great Great album
  • For me Birds is like this: I think the first 1/2 is awesome as well as "Rivertowne." The rest is ok to mediocre. When I saw them on the 2003 BoP tour, they played "Like I Do" and "The Sanctity of Dreams" and they were both incredible. I have loved them ever since. Sometimes it takes hearing a song in concert to really like it.

The thing that shocks me is that people don't seem to love "She." Since the first time I heard it, it has been one of my favorite Live songs.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage