2007 Dusseldorf, Germany - Copenhagen, Denmark - Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Rotterdam, Netherlands
    2010 Nijmegen, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
    2011 East Troy 1 & 2, Wisconsin
    2012 Amsterdam 2, Netherlands
    2014 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
  • ...nirvana...:o
    but there's a very big difference between those two:D
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • eleonoraeleonora Posts: 3,198
    Raybees wrote:
    Pixies,
    The Replacements,
    Wedding Present,
    Teenage Fanclub,

GREAT BAND PIXIES :)
    " You, you are so special
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under
    And cover me with dirt.."
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Dedvw wrote:
    I know Nine Inch Nails (Pretty Hate Machine came out in 1989) is before PJ, but I would give them my vote.

My vote too. That guy is a mad scientist composer and it works.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Audioslave
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Radiohead
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Pixies (except Trompe Le Monde)

Trompe Le Monde is a fuckin masterpiece!:eek:

I dont think I can choose:

Soundgarden
    AiC
    Nirvana
    Screaming Trees
    Three Fish
    Mad Season
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    The Lemonheads
    Pixies
    Frank Black
    Dinosaur JR
    J Mascis
    Smashing Pumpkins
    QOTSA
    Metallica
    Pantera
    Arcade Fire
    Blind Melon
    NIN

Any one of these, depending on my mood.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    2nd half 90´s , 00´century bands:

soad
    apc
    qotsa
    the killers
    the bravery
    incubus
    coldplay
    slipknot
    afi
    audioslave
    rhcp
    linkin park
  • Tool
    A Perfect Circle
    John Butler Trio
    Soundgarden
    Pearl Jam Concert Resume: 1998-09-13 Hartford, 1998-09-16 Mansfield, 2000-08-29 Mansfield, 2000-08-30 Mansfield, 2003-07-02 Mansfield, 2003-07-03 Mansfield, 2003-07-09 NYC, 2003-07-11 Mansfield, 2004-09-28 Boston, 2004-09-29 Boston, 2006-05-13 Hartford, 2006-05-24 Boston, 2006-05-25 Boston
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Simonbabou wrote:
    The Tragically Hip

I second that! In fact I'm actually more of a Hip fan than a Pearl Jam fan, probably because they've been around longer, and I was into them long before I even knew who PJ was.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • best band that formed after PJ?

i'd say the mars volta
    saw things so much clearer
  • direwolf74 wrote:
    I second that! In fact I'm actually more of a Hip fan than a Pearl Jam fan, probably because they've been around longer, and I was into them long before I even knew who PJ was.

I like early Hip stuff, but they started to pansy out shortly after Pearl Jam arrived on the scene. Don't tell me what the poets are doin'.
    Ask, I'm an ear
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    sunless wrote:
    I like early Hip stuff, but they started to pansy out shortly after Pearl Jam arrived on the scene.

I beg to differ. Obviously you haven't heard recent songs like Heart of the Melt, Gus, Lonely End of the Rink, and The Drop Off, which are some of the most intense songs they've ever written. I saw them at this year's Sasquatch Festival and they absolutely kicked my ass. The Hip are like fine wine. They only get better with age.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • direwolf74 wrote:
    I beg to differ. Obviously you haven't heard recent songs like Heart of the Melt, Gus, Lonely End of the Rink, and The Drop Off, which are some of the most intense songs they've ever written. I saw them at this year's Sasquatch Festival and they absolutely kicked my ass. The Hip are like fine wine. They only get better with age.

While I do have an appreciation for the Hip, I admit that I have ignored their more recent work, because of a few efforts that I thought were sub-standard. I guess I lost my faith around Ahead by a Century, Poets and the like.
    Ask, I'm an ear
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Active bands:
    Drive-by Truckers
    U2
    Historical:
    King Crimson
    Sleater-Kinney
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Led Zeppelin
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Black Crowes
    PJ Cincy 00, Lex 03, Columbus 03, Hershey 03, Benaroya 03, Boston 9/28/04, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, St.L 04, Asheville 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Hamilton 05, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Philly 05, Chicago I & II 06, Cincy 06, Las Vegas 06, SD 06, EV LA2 08, Columbia 08, Camden I & II 08
  • Nine Inch Nails

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA