2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The Dirty South.....Is Cheerwine available in Columbia, S.C.??? Can't find here any more. :(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    rhinomagic wrote:
    You're not odd, Rose. Or if you are, it's no more than any (or all) of us can be at times.

We're glad to have you around so that we can get to know you before the tour. Keep posting and keep rocking out to Low Light in the grocery aisles. (Were you in a Publix? I've noticed they sometimes play decent music in their Tallahassee stores.)

Should we start a countdown to West Palm a la Johnny Cash's 25 Minutes to Go?
    Well, I'm working extra days and I'm saving big bucks
    With 22 days left to go

Rhino -
    While I appreciate your comments (and BTW - I did in fact hear "Low Light" in Publix here in Panama City, FL on Monday.) There's not much else to know. I am a Vegan, (Vegatarian since 1992)- and a complete Vegan since last year), I am an animal rights activitst, and belong to PETA, and try to follow the "Jain" religion- despite Catholicsim. And I still like to think I'm a nice person - despite the things others will say regarding my beliefs. I am not interesting in the least....I just don't eat animals, or anything that has/had a heartbeat. I do consider eating animals Murder. Other than that, I'm pretty dull....However I love Pearl Jam music. That must certainly count for something on this board - correct? And I can't wait for June 12th in Tampa. Hope you can find your way there!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    play ATL

play TX
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 Posts: 580
    Bye Rose, your reign is over. Screw you and your rude comments and hard ass attitude that ultimately got you know where. FU and the dirty South for disrespecting the REAL PJ FANS all over the country. This thread is on a downward spiral and ready to self distruct. Thanks for playing bonaroo, thanks for playing the southeast. The south is only good for driving through, it is beutiful but by no means do they have the best PJ fans. If you think you are the best fans you are living in a dream. So long Rose, Dollparts you have no muscle you don't know what you are talking about and you all just need to turn in your memberships. Lukin Fan I applaud you for not responding to my posts, you probably are really close to going off aren't you? I think I can still get a ticket to any show in the south and still have better seats then all of you. BYE rude, cruel, arrogant, cocky, dicks, bitches, souless, spineless, southern man don't loose your head, don't forget what Neil Young said. This thread should die. Some of you by now are like this dude should stay off this thread, this dude is wasting his time. At least I don't live on the computer, I have a life and won't log on for days. Most of you idiots set your alarms for this shit and revolve your lives around this pit. Shame on you, take a break, travel, see the world, make friends, go out to eat and have fun, drink coffee and make amends and most of all grow up and be RESPECTFULL to the U.S.A. and ALL PJ FANS. Sell your plantations and wake up to the real world.

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 Posts: 580
    Why do people in the South where Velcro Gloves?

Answer: So the sheep don't get away! Ha Ha Ha

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
    rhandley wrote:

Rhandley -
    And I AM saying this directly to you...why do you feel this need to be so completely evil? This is on your conscience - not mine. Whatever. Don't like us ? -then don't come on this thread. You are only here trying to create problems. You have bad karma. Go find yourself,,,,
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

rhandley wrote:

People like this are the reason that posting - even on this Southern Thread" is simply just not worth the frustration that it brings my way. Complete Ignorance. Seriously. Also, I wasn't personally aware that I "reinged" over this thread. Where is my crown by the way----and I wasn't assigned any "velcro gloves" when I moved here from the NORTH! Also - although I originate from the NORTH -I am proud to call the South (Florida) my home. I truly dislike people like this. S.F. Just trying to be nice.

Rose1963 wrote:
    People like this are the reason that posting - even on this Southern Thread" is simply just not worth the frustration that it brings my way. Complete Ignorance. Seriously. Also, I wasn't personally aware that I "reinged" over this thread. Where is my crown by the way----and I wasn't assigned any "velcro gloves" when I moved here from the NORTH! Also - although I originate from the NORTH -I am proud to call the South (Florida) my home. I truly dislike people like this. S.F. Just trying to be nice.

Rose
    Dont stress out over this loser.

Play ATL and TX
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Rhino -
    While I appreciate your comments (and BTW - I did in fact hear "Low Light" in Publix here in Panama City, FL on Monday.) There's not much else to know. I am a Vegan, (Vegatarian since 1992)- and a complete Vegan since last year), I am an animal rights activitst, and belong to PETA, and try to follow the "Jain" religion- despite Catholicsim. And I still like to think I'm a nice person - despite the things others will say regarding my beliefs. I am not interesting in the least....I just don't eat animals, or anything that has/had a heartbeat. I do consider eating animals Murder. Other than that, I'm pretty dull....However I love Pearl Jam music. That must certainly count for something on this board - correct? And I can't wait for June 12th in Tampa. Hope you can find your way there!

You're not dull. I dig ya, and I'm pretty sure others around here would say the same. Props to you for taking a stand and living by a code. It takes lots of courage and dedication to follow your convictions. More folks need to do that.

I don't know if I'll actually make it to Tampa. I think we could potentially go, but I'd need a golden set of circumstances to justify the trip. You know, like a way to share a ride down and back ;)

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    bump.

Well folks, ...we are at hospital... my husband was called for liver transplant last night... hopefully will happen at 6pm tonight (could be a false alarm - already had one of those this morning). Listened to Pearl Jam all the way up... such is life.

See you all on the flip side.

The south rocks
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    SPALMA wrote:
    bump.

Well folks, ...we are at hospital... my husband was called for liver transplant last night... hopefully will happen at 6pm tonight (could be a false alarm - already had one of those this morning). Listened to Pearl Jam all the way up... such is life.

The south rocks
    Good Luck and God Bless you Sue.Tell your husband we are all praying for him.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    stoneg wrote:
    Good Luck and God Bless you Sue.Tell your husband we are all praying for him.

thanks sweetie.... will do. am still aiming for those shows (but my hubby won't be going). Will get a package out to you soon with some donations.
    Hasta.

Thanks mods. for cleaning up this thread late last night.

play ATL and TX
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    SPALMA wrote:
    thanks sweetie.... will do. am still aiming for those shows (but my hubby won't be going). Will get a package out to you soon with some donations.
    Hasta.
    Don't worry about that.Keep your mind one your hubby.He is #1.And yes even above the all might Pearl Jam.Take care of him.We love ya guys.Peace!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    SPALMA wrote:
    bump.

The south rocks
    God Bless y'all....good luck...Godspeed...clutch a rabbit's foot....cross your fingers and all them other things.

The Dirty South...where miracles can happen.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    SPALMA wrote:
    bump.

The south rocks

Best wishes for your husband and you. May you have wonderful news to share very soon!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Rose1963 wrote:
    I am a Vegan, (Vegatarian since 1992)- and a complete Vegan since last yearquote]

Hey Rose. My wife's been a vegatarian since I've known her and she became vegan a little over a year ago too- she loves it!

Thanks for Bonnaroo

Thanks for coming to the Southeast

Announce a FULL Southern Tour

Play Atlanta
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SPALMA wrote:
    bump.

The south rocks

I'm sending TONS of positive thoughts and sunshine your way! Had no idea you and hubby were going through this, stay STRONG, keep us posted over here and best of luck to you and your family!!!

mary
    well, thank you all for your support and thoughts...we are back home.... Had TWO offfers for livers and neither one was viable. unbelievable that there would be two within 12 hours of each other...but they were not good. My heart goes out to the family of those folks who did try to donate... whether viable or not, the thought and sacrifice is so deeply appreciated.

Anyway, need some sleep... he is the TOP of the list and they could call tonight again...sigh.

Thanks all.

belting out crazy mary felt so good on the drive home.

the south is an awesome place

bump for our cause.

Thanks for Bonnaroo

Play Atlanta
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    SPALMA wrote:
    well, thank you all for your support and thoughts...we are back home.... Had TWO offfers for livers and neither one was viable. unbelievable that there would be two within 12 hours of each other...but they were not good. My heart goes out to the family of those folks who did try to donate... whether viable or not, the thought and sacrifice is so deeply appreciated.

Anyway, need some sleep... he is the TOP of the list and they could call tonight again...sigh.

Thanks all.

bump for our cause.

Best of luck with your situation. It goes without saying that everyone here will be thinking of you guys and hoping for the best.

And keep listening to PJ. I know I've just been through the worst couple weeks of my life and their music has been a great escape for me.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Capstoner wrote:
    Thanks mods. for cleaning up this thread late last night.

play ATL and TX

This sounds interesting.
    Brian
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    SPALMA wrote:

Thanks all.

bump for our cause.

I'm so sorry that you and your family are going through so much.....I'll say a prayer for y'all right now. Top of the list is always good.

Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    SPALMA wrote:

Thanks all.

bump for our cause.
    Where there is life....there is hope.

All the Best

The Dirty South
    NCBRI wrote:
    This sounds interesting.

Believe me.........you DON'T even want to know! Glad you all were asleep, or doing whatever it is you were doing around 11 pm last night. This particular post was so completely full of hatred -apparently for me - as well as other Southern posters. I was there! Unfortunatey, I decided to arbitrarily check on the Southern thread people AND.... how about I thought it would be a completey GRAND idea to ACTUALLY respond to that post not just ONCE ...but TWICE!!!! MISTAKE (on MY part) is all I can say. I do feel I kept my response(s) clean and as respectful as possible - considering the compete vulgarity this particular "un-named" user was spewing onto the Southern community. I regret even having responded to his post. My bad. Fortunately the mods deleted this COMPLETELY horrible post....and therefore I'm not going to repeat what was posted (nor whom posted it.) With any luck, that person may be learning a valuable lesson in being banned from this board for awhile. Those remarks were completely worthy of being BANNED! If not, at least thanks to the Mods.

Can't wait for Tampa!

play ATL and TX

prayers for SPALMA
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Believe me.........you DON'T even want to know! Glad you all were asleep, or doing whatever it is you were doing around 11 pm last night. This particular post was so completely full of hatred -apparently for me - as well as other Southern posters. I was there! Unfortunatey, I decided to arbitrarily check on the Southern thread people AND.... how about I thought it would be a completey GRAND idea to ACTUALLY respond to that post not just ONCE ...but TWICE!!!! MISTAKE (on MY part) is all I can say. I do feel I kept my response(s) clean and as respectful as possible - considering the compete vulgarity this particular "un-named" user was spewing onto the Southern community. I regret even having responded to his post. My bad. Fortunately the mods deleted this COMPLETELY horrible post....and therefore I'm not going to repeat what was posted (nor whom posted it.) With any luck, that person may be learning a valuable lesson in being banned from this board for awhile. Those remarks were completely worthy of being BANNED! If not, at least thanks to the Mods.
    Wow! what happened? Will you PM me the details?

Thanks for Bonnaroo

Play Atlanta
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

NCBRI wrote:
    Best of luck with your situation. It goes without saying that everyone here will be thinking of you guys and hoping for the best.

And keep listening to PJ. I know I've just been through the worst couple weeks of my life and their music has been a great escape for me.

THE SOUTH ABIDES

Hope you are well too Bri.

Thanks to everyone... Once in a while, it is so nice to duck out of my current life and check in to one of my "safe havens" (all you guys). it is like listening to music you truly love.

wish I was around for all the excitement the last couple of days.

bump for the beautiful south.