***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• durk21durk21 Posts: 1
    I realize the Pearl Jam isn't fond of the Bush administration, but I hope this isn't a reason why they have yet to play any dates in the great state of Texas. There are thousands of Texans who don't support Bush or his policies and Bush being from Texas shouldn't define or label us all. I hope Pearl Jam understands that they have a very strong fan base here and it would be a shame not to include us in their itinerary. I am originally from CT and have been a fan from the beginning. I can remember the first time I heard them, I was watching their video on MTV, when MTV played videos, the opening for the "Alive" video with the wave cresting........the next day I bought the CD and told all my friends in high school that this was going to be one of the most important bands of the era....glad I was right. The image of that wave cresting is burned into my memory, as it was the first time I felt "Alive" and connected to a piece of music. Please don't ignore us guys, I miss the days of original music.........music that means something; not the cookie cutter crap that is being pedalled to us today..........peace!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    durk21 wrote:
    I realize the Pearl Jam isn't fond of the Bush administration, but I hope this isn't a reason why they have yet to play any dates in the great state of Texas. There are thousands of Texans who don't support Bush or his policies and Bush being from Texas shouldn't define or label us all. I hope Pearl Jam understands that they have a very strong fan base here and it would be a shame not to include us in their itinerary. I am originally from CT and have been a fan from the beginning. I can remember the first time I heard them, I was watching their video on MTV, when MTV played videos, the opening for the "Alive" video with the wave cresting........the next day I bought the CD and told all my friends in high school that this was going to be one of the most important bands of the era....glad I was right. The image of that wave cresting is burned into my memory, as it was the first time I felt "Alive" and connected to a piece of music. Please don't ignore us guys, I miss the days of original music.........music that means something; not the cookie cutter crap that is being pedalled to us today..........peace!

Welcome to the board! Hopefully that Sept Dallas show will happen for you.

Thanks for Bonnaroo

Thanks for coming to the Southeast

Announce a FULL Southern Tour

Play Atlanta and New Orleans
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The Dirty South....a never-ending wave
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Thanks for Bonnaroo

www.RLMcDaniel.com

• CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    going to Carolina......

play ATL and TX
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    Thanks for Bonnaroo

www.RLMcDaniel.com

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    LukinFan wrote:
    Thanks for Bonnaroo

I'm starting to think that one of the Florida dates might be a real possibility for me.

Just sayin' :cool:

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    rhinomagic wrote:
    I'm starting to think that one of the Florida dates might be a real possibility for me.

Nice!!!! My cousin is taking his finals this week and should be hearing something really soon about his externship- it's kind of strange that he hasn't heard anything yet. I'll call him this week some time and ask him about it. If he's not going- it will be yours.

Thanks for Bonnaroo

www.RLMcDaniel.com

play ATL

play TX
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    Tallahassee, South GA, North FL, Central FL, NW FL Meet-Up

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=282983

anyone interested?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    rhinomagic wrote:
    On his album Colorblind, Robert Randolph does a mean cover of that one. It features a little collabo with Eric Clapton.

SPEEDY is just alright with me. SPEEDY is just alright...OH YEAH!

I saw The Robert Randolph Band open here for The Black Crowes about 2 years ago and they played that one.

And Ty, I had the privilege last week of meeting a very accomplished person from your very state of Alabama. Her name is Kat Whitehill and she plays for the US women's soccer team that is prepping for the Olympics in Beijing. She played her college ball at Carolina and was the guest speaker at an event where I work.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    Brian
    play ATL

play TX
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    NCBRI wrote:
    I saw The Robert Randolph Band open here for The Black Crowes about 2 years ago and they played that one.

And Ty, I had the privilege last week of meeting a very accomplished person from your very state of Alabama. Her name is Kat Whitehill and she plays for the US women's soccer team that is prepping for the Olympics in Beijing. She played her college ball at Carolina and was the guest speaker at an event where I work.

THE SOUTH ABIDES

Would that be NORTH Carolina or SOUTH Carolina.........just asking,
    Pat
    Hey, I'm a USC graduate so we gotta keep it straight, especially here!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    tybird wrote:
    Sounds like a catchy name for a song...."Speedy is just alright with me..." :D

The Dirty South

There's just something about that "Speedy McCready" person that I like. It appears others agree........?
    Hope he's not banned - as he's been especially understanding and downright....NICE....lately to those on this thread. Hope this posting finds him doing well.....and the same goes for everyone one this board - despite our many differences at times. :)
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
    going to Carolina......

play ATL and TX
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    rhinomagic wrote:

Hope this is true Rhino! Either TAMPA or WPB! Support Florida if ya can!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

Rose1963 wrote:
    There's just something about that "Speedy McCready" person that I like. It appears others agree........?
    Hope he's not banned - as he's been especially understanding and downright....NICE....lately to those on this thread. Hope this posting finds him doing well.....and the same goes for everyone one this board - despite our many differences at times. :)
    Only the Shadow knows.....

The Dirty South.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Only the Shadow knows.....

The Dirty South.

I find this funny......and YOU are STILL so young.....your 30's versus our kinda early 40's! However - I remember listening to "The Shadow" on a retro talk radio station in the 70's! My two brothers and I would listen to it - despite having television ! Ha! It was soooo fun listening!

PJ - Thanks for playing Florida, Va, NC but please don't forget your fans in Texas, ATL, and other places here in the beautiful South! Some of us living here in the South would certainly travel to other Southern states to see ya !!!! We love our Southern neighbors. Please continue to spread the "Southern Love," PJ!
    Appreciate Tampa!!!!

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Surely he's not banned? I dig his humor, he's a funny guy. Why would he be banned, i don't get that? I just checked his last few posts to see if he has been behaving and there was nothing wrong with them. He was just making fun of ticketmaster. Remember them? I've been told, since i was old enough to listen, that ticketmaster blows chunks. It would be ludicrous to think that he has been banned for making fun of ticketmaster on a pearl jam message board. that's just laughable.

I wonder what Ed would think about someone being banned for making fun of ticketmaster. it can't be true! maybe he is just having a holiday!
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Surely he's not banned? I dig his humor, he's a funny guy. Why would he be banned, i don't get that? I just checked his last few posts to see if he has been behaving and there was nothing wrong with them. He was just making fun of ticketmaster. Remember them? I've been told, since i was old enough to listen, that ticketmaster blows chunks. It would be ludicrous to think that he has been banned for making fun of ticketmaster on a pearl jam message board. that's just laughable.

I wonder what Ed would think about someone being banned for making fun of ticketmaster. it can't be true! maybe he is just having a holiday!

This is why I'm concerned. I read other threads as well. Speedy has been acting really NICE lately. And he's not planning on going to any PJ concerts, and he hasn't mentioned him attending Bonnaroo lately. There are days I'm on this board everyday.....and others..... a week or so will pass before I even check this thing. I genuinely hope he's okay! I LIKE his sense of humor, too! Anyone have any information on him yet?

tybird wrote:
    Interesting....will poke around.

The Dirty South

I think I saw post this previous Sunday. It was in a "signature block" of someone in another thread.....don't know which one anymore. However - the quote was a "Priceless" commercial of which they were quoting Speedy and the price for tickets...auoting one of Speedy's very sarcastic responses and then and R.I.P followed the quotation. Do people usually use RIP when people are banned from this board? If it's "banned for life" - perhaps I could kind of "undertand." However R.I.P means...well everyone knows what it means............and who was "Hippie Momma" as there were a lot of R.I.P's to her as well. Haven't seen a post from HER lately either. And I go on and on.

For anyone whom cares regarding Speedy McCready....
    Read thru some other threads (especially the ones I replied to - when we had company - and shared a TON of alcohol)

The thread regarding EV's childhood home, possibly page 3, 4 or 5 by now- orig. signature posted by Urohawk on 04/21/08.....in which he quoted Speedy McCready blah, blah, blah....and then RIP) has since edited his signature as Speedy has been banned. Please go to that thread and read for additional info. (I don't know how to cut and paste on this board yet)Don't understand why. Excessive profanity? THAT can't be it - as others do the same thing. Hopefully his "exile" from the "Pit" is short in duration, but at least he's ALIVE and well!

play ATL

play TX
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    Thanks for Bonnaroo

www.RLMcDaniel.com

Thursday morning bump...cause it's my day off.

WOO!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Thursday morning bump...cause it's my day off.

WOO!

lucky!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    lucky!

You should come see me at my new job. I'll put Immagine up on one of the big home theatre set-ups we have. :D

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Rose1963 wrote:
    I think I saw post this previous Sunday. It was in a "signature block" of someone in another thread.....don't know which one anymore. However - the quote was a "Priceless" commercial of which they were quoting Speedy and the price for tickets...auoting one of Speedy's very sarcastic responses and then and R.I.P followed the quotation. Do people usually use RIP when people are banned from this board? If it's "banned for life" - perhaps I could kind of "undertand." However R.I.P means...well everyone knows what it means............and who was "Hippie Momma" as there were a lot of R.I.P's to her as well. Haven't seen a post from HER lately either. And I go on and on.

I believe Hippiemom passed away from ovarian cancer.

The south is thankful for many reasons.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    Rose1963 wrote:
    I find this funny......and YOU are STILL so young.....your 30's versus our kinda early 40's! However - I remember listening to "The Shadow" on a retro talk radio station in the 70's! My two brothers and I would listen to it - despite having television ! Ha! It was soooo fun listening!

PJ - Thanks for playing Florida, Va, NC but please don't forget your fans in Texas, ATL, and other places here in the beautiful South! Some of us living here in the South would certainly travel to other Southern states to see ya !!!! We love our Southern neighbors. Please continue to spread the "Southern Love," PJ!
    Appreciate Tampa!!!!
    I wish that I was still in my 30's.....:D

The Dirty South....where we age gracefully.
    going to Carolina.......

play ATL and TX
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24