Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Rose1963 wrote:
    I'm confused...due to your remarks. Wanna be friends...or not.??? Don't "yank" this "Southern Thread's" -chain. LukinFan can speak for himself. But you seem like a very passive-aggressive person. I just have your threads to go by. Be nice - or get OFF of this thread! Apparently - you don't belong here.

Oh, he's been reported to the mods. What a prick! He's got 14 posts and he comes in here and is talkin trash????
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • rhandley wrote:
    I did not know that venues that only seat 10 people existed.
    There's a whole lot of America, Amercans, and Pearl Jam fans between the two coasts. Sure, L.A. and NYC are going to have giganitc mega-sellout shows...it's a matter of population. But the south has a ton of devoted fans, just like everywhere else in the world.

But you're not from some coastal metropolis...I could understand your obsession with large stadiums and sell-out crowds, but you're from the midwest! How is the midwest any different from the south? It's rediculous hearing you bash the south for lots of reasons...the fact that you're from the midwest is the funniest, though.
    something to remember me by
    1998--Dallas--Knoxville
    2000--New Orleans--Memphis--Nashville--Indianapolis--Cincinnati--Columbus--Detroit--Chicago--Eddie at Ralph Nadar Rally--St. Louis--Kansas City--Houston x2--Dallas--Lubbock
    2003--San Antonio--Dallas
    2020--The Long Road to OKC #20
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    rhandley wrote:
    I did not know that venues that only seat 10 people existed.

oh puh-leeezzzzzz, go away kid, you bother me

take your 14 posts and go find another place to play before Rose kicks your ass
  • PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    Dollpartz wrote:
    oh puh-leeezzzzzz, go away kid, you bother me

take your 14 posts and go find another place to play before Rose kicks your ass

DollPartz -
    THIS post made me laugh out loud! Don't pick on my friends. Doesn't sit well with me. YOU sound like a great, funny person! Thanks for the laugh!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    *in best fred sanford voice*

How bout five cross yo lip!

THANK YOU PJAM FOR PLAYING THE SOUTH..... You guys could have taken the rock star route and not bother with us... I'm glad you changed your mind. These fine piece's of ass won't let you down come show time, guaranteed.
    Rose1963 wrote:
    DollPartz -
    THIS post made me laugh out loud! Don't pick on my friends. Doesn't sit well with me. YOU sound like a great, funny person! Thanks for the laugh!

no problem, that guy just sounded like such a loser who really needed his ass kicked tho, didnt he?
  • CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    ignore the haters

play ATL and TX
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Please play Texas along with other southern states....we've also supported you through the years....don't ignore us.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Just back from Alison Krauss and Robert Plant....Wow!!!!! :eek:

I have seen Robert Plant perform "Battle of Evermore." Life is good...in the Dirty South.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    wow! glad to hear they were good!!
    wow! glad to hear they were good!!
    Very unique show...the way they handled things...smoking band backing them. Not quite a rock show....not quite a country/bluegrass show....almost like a revue show.

The Dirty South...take your best shot, Pearl Jam
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    youre still not going to roo. BOOO!
  • chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    i'm mostly a lurker.
    i live in chicago, so i haven't been without PJ like most of the southerners have....

that said....if they're down there at all, please let this thread die.

for whatever reason, i always feel bed seeing it at the top of the threads recently posted on. it's enough already.

if they haven't heard you by now, then they just don't care..............which obviously isn't the truth.

in chicago i can be spoiled or selfish, but in the end....i've shelled out hundreds...if not thousands. i don't ask for sympathy, it simply is what it is.

i feel for ya....but they're going down there. embrace it.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    why do people constantly tell us to stop posting in this thread?

anyone remember the "australian tour rumors no bullshit" thread? it started before the 06 tour and hung around the first few pages for a year after. not that i read it all the time, but i don't remember EVER opening that thread and reading posts telling them to let the thread die. not even months and months AFTER the band played australia.

why is this thread different? why do people feel such a strong need to shit on us? established board members with thousands of posts say it. newbies with less than 10 posts say it. i don't fucking get it. no other single area in the entire world gets shit on like the south.

what's your fucking problem? it'd be real easy for you to just stay the fuck out of this thread...

we've never said they shouldn't play somewhere. what difference does it make to you dickheads if they play shows in the south?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    please ignore the uninformed and ignorant haters.

play ATL and TX
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    Thanks for Bonnaroo

Thanks for coming to the Southeast

Announce a FULL Southern Tour

Play Atlanta and New Orleans
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Sorry have not been around lately.I have been working on the fundrasier for the Tampa show.Thank You Pearl Jam for playing Florida.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Just give me a call and let me know what i can do to help with the fundraiser stoneg :)
  • TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    chikevin wrote:
    i'm mostly a lurker.
    i live in chicago, so i haven't been without PJ like most of the southerners have....

for whatever reason, i always feel bed seeing it at the top of the threads recently posted on. it's enough already.

if they haven't heard you by now, then they just don't care..............which obviously isn't the truth.

in chicago i can be spoiled or selfish, but in the end....i've shelled out hundreds...if not thousands. i don't ask for sympathy, it simply is what it is.

sorry dude. aint gonna happen. :P
    I miss you hippiemom.
    chikevin wrote:
    i'm mostly a lurker.

and this makes you feel "bed" because???? perhaps there are some deeper issues involved here?

seriously, gtf over it, its a thread on a message board....just dont read it....look away.....ignore it.

so simple, really.
    chikevin wrote:
    i'm mostly a lurker.

stick to lurking
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

The Dirty South
  • Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
    Thanks for Bonnaroo

Thanks for coming to the Southeast

Announce a FULL Southern Tour

Play Atlanta and New Orleans
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Don't get me wrong...I was thrilled when Texas got four shows in 2000, and three shows in 2003. Maybe I got a bit spoiled! I know there are plenty of places that haven't been as lucky.

But we were left off the Vote for Change tour (in spite of the fact that Texas really NEEDS to Vote for Change), and we haven't had the chance to enjoy any Avacodo songs live yet! 2008 could be the unofficial Vote for Change...we need some Pearl Jam infusion in Texas before everyone hits the polls.

This post is a perfect example that Pearl Jam has waaay more fans in the South - perhaps more than they are aware. It took me quite awhile to join 10C as well. Doesn't make me - or others -lesser of PJ fans!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

dangerboy wrote:
    yes, hippiemom actually died, hence the RIP for her

if speedy got banned for posts (and it seems like a temproary one, because if he were permanently banned, you wouldn't be able to find him on the members list or view his past posts), those posts were probably deleted and there's no way to go back and see what exactly happened

I actually read some of Hippiemom's posts. This makes me extemely sad - to say the least. Her posts reflected how wonderful she was.

chikevin wrote:
    i'm mostly a lurker.

Good for you - that you live in Chicago. Happiness for for you. Leave us (on this "Southern Thread") alone. I repeat....THIS IS THE SOUTHERN THREAD. If the first page of this board hurts your Illinois eyes - then you might should skim past it. Hate to ruin your Illinois day with this latest BUMP- but YOU are NOT the "boss" of us. Get over yourself.

LukinFan wrote:
    stick to lurking

I only WISH that I could deliver such fabulous one-liners as some of you! Very few words used -but stung like a bee just the same! BRAVO! :)

• Hi!!

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23