***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    Heading over to Columbia from Atlanta - only a 3 hr drive so I'll be there for sure.
    pathorses wrote:
    Well, I almost fell outta my chair when I saw Columbia, SC..........YOU GUYS BETTER SHOW UP; COME ON DOWN!!!! Or up, whatever the case may be!! I'm still in shock, nobody sells out here but Kenny Chesney.......!

That's good for me (!) but not the band. I'll put up anybody that I can and do whatever I can to make your trip even better.

I can't believe they're playing here!!!!!!! It's a nice venue and the local Rock station (93.5) started announcing it right after I saw the news. I was working late (or trying to, hard to concentrate)......So, who's in for Cola Town?

SO, SO SORRY FOR TEXAS!!

Pat
  • PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    Congrats!!! I LOVE Virginia Beach, Virginia! (Virginia is STILL for "Lovers" - correct?) Ha! Am very familiar with the "Hampton's Road" Area. Was once stationed at Langley AFB - loved it there!!!! I LOVE Virginia! Many continued Pearl Jam tours in your area!!! Virginia Rocks!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Can We Please Put This Thread To Bed...now..
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    porch4294 wrote:
    Heading over to Columbia from Atlanta - only a 3 hr drive so I'll be there for sure.

Great!! I can't tell you how many times I've made that drive (to ATL) for shows...... We'll have to meet up (with abookamongst and whoever) as well! I'm telling you (but let's keep this between the Southerners), the smaller shows get you the best seats. I'm sure you all know this but it bears repeating....I was front row Mike in Charlotte 03 and 11th row center on the second night at the Gorge with my club seats. Now, I do have a good number, but still......Columbia is smaller than Atlanta and Charlotte so COME TO COLA!!!

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING THE SOUTH!!!!!!!

PLAY TEXAS!

Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Can We Please Put This Thread To Bed...now..

We'd rather you went to bed and allowed us to have our first party in five years.

The thread is only about two years, in case you wanted to know.

Hater. :cool:

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    rhinomagic wrote:
    We'd rather you went to bed and allowed us to have our first party in five years.

The thread is only about two years, in case you wanted to know.

Hater. :cool:

Perfection!

Let us celebrate, people!!!!!
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • congrats everyone

:D
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    pathorses wrote:
    Great!! I can't tell you how many times I've made that drive (to ATL) for shows...... We'll have to meet up (with abookamongst and whoever) as well! I'm telling you (but let's keep this between the Southerners), the smaller shows get you the best seats. I'm sure you all know this but it bears repeating....I was front row Mike in Charlotte 03 and 11th row center on the second night at the Gorge with my club seats. Now, I do have a good number, but still......Columbia is smaller than Atlanta and Charlotte so COME TO COLA!!!

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING THE SOUTH!!!!!!!

PLAY TEXAS!

Pat

Cool. Look forward to meeting you. Sounds like we have similar 10 club #'s. I'm 106xxx. I missed the '03 Charlotte show, but was 2nd row Charlotte '00 and front row Nashville '03 & around the 11th row and the both the '06 Gorge shows.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    stoneg wrote:
    Thank God we got our shows.We so deserve them.See you all at West Palm Beach and Tampa.

yup... if my husband can't make it my son will go to one show with me and my sister to the other. But that's ok, because they are both cool.

I am still numb from this announcement.

I wish we could have a thread pre-party. I'm gonna miss this.

I like the seniority random chance for rows 1-2 & 9-10. Maybe we'll get lucky.

oh, saw Jackson Browne acoustic solo tonight - awesome show - played 3 hours. It was emotional. I cried. Partly because Pearl Jam has responded to us.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    I look forward to Columbia but still would like to see them in ATL.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Yahoo! Finally! PJ in Florida and it feels so good!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Don't you have anything better to do with your time???

The Dirty South~Finally
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    Please explain to us - why this particular thread bothers you so much? Aren't there other threads that you can be posting on? If you are NOT from the South - it's like I tell all of thos 6 and 7 year old students I substitute teach for...."MYOB" - Mind Your Own Business. Go about your day and leave us alone. Thank you
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • wahinewahine Posts: 86
    Hear Hear!!! Let the party begin!!!!!!!!!!
    Red Velvet cake and sweet tea for everyone, PJ's coming south!!!!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU!!!!
    THANK YOU!!!!

VA BEACH, DC, AND..... MSG!!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine. I Am Mine
    Til the Lightning Bolt sets you free

Wahine - I'm a Lightning Bolt

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • BarkingDogsBarkingDogs Posts: 280
    Perfect...just Fucking Perfect.....the One Damn Month This Summer That I Wont Be Able To Travel To The Shows.....

Well ...at Least I'll Be In Va Beach 10 Days Before The Show....guess I'll Drive By And Take A Look At The Seats I Might Have Had.......

Damnit All To Hell....hope Everyone Enjoys.....

Maybe Dangerboy Can Bring Me A Poster...........

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers
    Red Velvet cake and sweet tea for everyone, PJ's coming south!!!!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU!!!!
    THANK YOU!!!!

VA BEACH, DC, AND..... MSG!!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

As I stated earlier in this thread, it ain't a legit party without NANA PUDDIN'!

Sweet tea = fo' sho'. But I gotta have some NANA PUDDIN'! :D

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    porch4294 wrote:
    Cool. Look forward to meeting you. Sounds like we have similar 10 club #'s. I'm 106xxx. I missed the '03 Charlotte show, but was 2nd row Charlotte '00 and front row Nashville '03 & around the 11th row and the both the '06 Gorge shows.

You will be so happy because I'm 126xxx so you've got me beat! I was like 5th-6th row in 2000......Looking forward to it! Looking forward to meeting you and everybody that comes to Columbia!
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    rhinomagic wrote:
    As I stated earlier in this thread, it ain't a legit party without NANA PUDDIN'!

Sweet tea = fo' sho'. But I gotta have some NANA PUDDIN'! :D

also need cheese grits and boiled peanuts
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    ozlifter wrote:
    I was pretty bummed until I logged on here and saw the *possibility* of a Dallas show.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Don't think that's happening. I'm kinda bimmed, but will see them on east coast...need some pj.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Perfect...just Fucking Perfect.....the One Damn Month This Summer That I Wont Be Able To Travel To The Shows.....

Well ...at Least I'll Be In Va Beach 10 Days Before The Show....guess I'll Drive By And Take A Look At The Seats I Might Have Had.......

Damnit All To Hell....hope Everyone Enjoys.....

Maybe Dangerboy Can Bring Me A Poster...........

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

WTF? you can't go? WTF? cancel it. WTF? holler me!

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I am still smiling from yesterday.Had to hit up my saving account last night to pay for tickets.I can't wait.I hope getting tickets is not a nightmare.I am so looking forward to meeting alot of you.Spalma... hint,hint.And seeing Dollpartz and Leathermandi again.Has anyone heard from Pearl Juli?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    stoneg wrote:
    I am still smiling from yesterday.Had to hit up my saving account last night to pay for tickets.I can't wait.I hope getting tickets is not a nightmare.I am so looking forward to meeting alot of you.Spalma... hint,hint.And seeing Dollpartz and Leathermandi again.Has anyone heard from Pearl Juli?

i think i saw pearl juli post somewhere yesterday about it being her first show...might have been in the announcement thread

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I know everyone was hoping for a full on southern tour and i know the folks out towards texas did not get anything, but it is cool to see a couple southern dates.

It is going to be really hard to get tickets to Columbia but i'm going to try my best.

I wish they put tickets on sale at night instead of during the day. I am going ot have to try to do this and hide it from my boss :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I am going to be super fucking pissed if I can't get tickets!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    stoneg wrote:
    I am going to be super fucking pissed if I can't get tickets!!!

You'll be able to get tickets. But just in case there's a problem, I plan on buying my columbia and maybe tampa tickets first thing monday morning...could you hold off oh.....say an hour after I get mine? :eek:

j/k
    Drew263 wrote:
    You'll be able to get tickets. But just in case there's a problem, I plan on buying my columbia and maybe tampa tickets first thing monday morning...could you hold off oh.....say an hour after I get mine? :eek:

j/k
    I am taking Monday off for this.Sorry I will be on before 9am and before 11 to get my WPB and Tampa tickets.Those are the closest show to me and have no money to travel anywhere else.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    had to come back again this morning and check just to make sure this was real....

i guess they were listening after all, it just took 4 years to make it happen!

can't wait to see you all in wpb and tampa!!!

(all of the hating on the board can't kill this for me, nothing can!!!)
    For you Tampa people.The Cure is playing the night before Pearl Jam at the St.Pete Times Forum.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • just wanted to check in and say I am REALLY happy!!!

i'll probably shoot for columbia, maybe west palm, maybe MSG...maybe all three!
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Come to Florida Brian!!!

I would love to, but for a number of reasons I think I'll probably just get to one show. As it turns out, Canes playoff tickets go on sale Monday as well. I have to balance my spending out between PJ, hockey, and other stuff later this summer. Talked to one of my buddies last night and I think Va. Beach will be the best bet. I grew up about an hour south of there so I can crash at the ol' homestead. I absolutely hate how they make an announcement and tix go on sale with such little notice. But that seems to be the norm for those who make plans for the band now.

I am curious as to how many people are taking there "economic stimulus plan" refund and spending it all on PJ tix?

And regarding the laying to rest of the mighty thread, well, I didn't start it, but I say it stays alive until the final show. And I know it's already been said, but it can't be said enough. If it is annoying people, then "fuck em". :)

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    with :):) and a light on the horizon
    Brian