***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• I seriously still have to keep checking back to make sure it says Columbia, SC and there it is!!! That's less than an hour away from me! I couldn't be happier!!!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Congratulations to most of you :)

All things come to those who wait
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    NCBRI wrote:
    New shit has come to light.

Super duper congratulations to all you Floridians. :) Sounds like you got just what the Dr. ordered. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that neither Raleigh or Charlotte was on the list, but that is what it is. I'll just have to make a trip to either Va. Beach or Columbia. Disappointed for those southerners and midwesterners further away from the East Coast and really surprised about no ATL too. And it sounds like there may not be any more dates. Good luck with tickets guys. Hope everyone gets good seats and gets to make the trip somewhere.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    for a little longer

Come to Florida Brian!!!
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Come to Florida Brian!!!

I agree.

If only Atlanta, Raleigh, and Nashville could've been added the South would have proudly proclaimed:
    Mark it eight, Dude.

But we'll take what they give. Who says there can't be a Mid-South tour later where they take in Atlanta, Memphis, New Orleans, and move on to Texas?

It will happen!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    So four shows in the South does this mean people will finally shut the fuck up? :)
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
    strilo wrote:
    So four shows in the South does this mean people will finally shut the fuck up? :)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You
    YES!!!!! Thank You!

West Palm Beach
    Tampa
    Bonnaroo

It's going to be a busy year! :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Those of us in Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, Louisiana, and the most of the rest of the South are still pissed!
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Those of us in Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, Louisiana, and the most of the rest of the South are still pissed!

They screwed Texas

cmon Guys

PLAY THE SOUTH........

ps:Ed, I know you've seen this thread...........
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Wow, 'bout time!

Unfortunately for me, I'll be seeing Mudhoney on the night of the only show I could make. Well, not unfortunately, I guess, because I'm looking forward to seeing Mudhoney. Just unfortunate because of the same night thing.

Either way, shows in the Southeast= a good thing. Hope everyone that can make it has a great time! :)
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    strilo wrote:

But if we "shut the fuck up" then how can we antagonize those ignorant little shits who are somehow annoyed by it? I mean that's half the fun. :)
    Brian
    Thank you for...

West Palm Beach, FL

Tampa, FL

Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    Thank you for playing the south. Still no Atlanta, but I guess we can't complain. At least they are coming close. Now to figure out which ones to make the trip to.

While it does sound like Texas will be getting shows later in the summer, I like the other post that Atlanta or other 'mid-south' cities may be get more before or after those Texas dates.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    strilo wrote:
    Only if people from other parts of the country stop being dick heads. :)

Finally...The Dirty South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    I truly am getting fed up with others "screwing with the South." It truly has become sickening - with them slinging their four letter words (which I personally am NOT a stranger to using myself...just NOT here) as well as other "trash" talk. I will do my best to continue on the higher road. Not much longer though.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
    tybird wrote:
    Finally...The Dirty South

So, who's going to what show? I'm trying for Tampa, West Palm, and then Bonnaroo- wow that's a lot of driving in one week...I can't wait!

I'd love to meet up with everyone that posts in this thread that can make it out to a show or two

Is it June yet????!!!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Rose1963 wrote:
    I truly am getting fed up with others "screwing with the South." It truly has become sickening - with them slinging their four letter words (which I personally am NOT a stranger to using myself...just NOT here) as well as other "trash" talk. I will do my best to continue on the higher road. Not much longer though.
    Fuck 'em... whoops...sorry :)

Just kidding, I couldn't resist ;)

Rose, are you going to make it down for any of the FL shows?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    Lukin Fan and Lukin Fan 's Wife -
    We are going to Tampa (closest) if we can get tickets. It would be great to meet you and your wife. Hopefully Mr and Mrs Rhino will also be present. You both sound like great people! What would be even greater is if Tybird (Tybrid???) would also attend - and Mrs Vedder 1978 and her hubby! AND SPEEDY!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    i fucking can't believe they're coming back to va beach!!!!!!!
    :):):)

you think it helped when i posted this story? ;)
    http://vbgov.com/vgn.aspx?vgnextoid=23393f7e017b0110VgnVCM1000006310640a____&vgnextchannel=37c9fd67f3ad9010VgnVCM100000870b640aRCRD&ct=ne
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    Well, I almost fell outta my chair when I saw Columbia, SC..........YOU GUYS BETTER SHOW UP; COME ON DOWN!!!! Or up, whatever the case may be!! I'm still in shock, nobody sells out here but Kenny Chesney.......!

That's good for me (!) but not the band. I'll put up anybody that I can and do whatever I can to make your trip even better.

I can't believe they're playing here!!!!!!! It's a nice venue and the local Rock station (93.5) started announcing it right after I saw the news. I was working late (or trying to, hard to concentrate)......So, who's in for Cola Town?

SO, SO SORRY FOR TEXAS!!

Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Thank you!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait, see you all at the shows!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    va, sc, and dc for sure. if i can get the tickets, of course.

this announcement was a little bittersweet imho, although GOD I"M HAPPY to have a chance to see them again. 5 years is a LONG FUCKING TIME

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    pathorses wrote:
    Well, I almost fell outta my chair when I saw Columbia, SC..........YOU GUYS BETTER SHOW UP; COME ON DOWN!!!! Or up, whatever the case may be!! I'm still in shock, nobody sells out here but Kenny Chesney.......!

That's good for me (!) but not the band. I'll put up anybody that I can and do whatever I can to make your trip even better.

I can't believe they're playing here!!!!!!! It's a nice venue and the local Rock station (93.5) started announcing it right after I saw the news. I was working late (or trying to, hard to concentrate)......So, who's in for Cola Town?

SO, SO SORRY FOR TEXAS!!

Pat
    How far away is Columbia from Bonnaroo?

Edit: 6 Hour Trip. I guess I won't be going to this one. Oh well, three shows in 08 is good enough for me :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Thank God we got our shows.We so deserve them.See you all at West Palm Beach and Tampa.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    stoneg wrote:
    Thank God we got our shows.We so deserve them.See you all at West Palm Beach and Tampa.

See you there!
  • now can we please delete this fucking thread :D
  • TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    congrats to those who got shows in the south. :)
    I miss you hippiemom.
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Lukin Fan and Lukin Fan 's Wife -
    We are going to Tampa (closest) if we can get tickets. It would be great to meet you and your wife. Hopefully Mr and Mrs Rhino will also be present. You both sound like great people! What would be even greater is if Tybird (Tybrid???) would also attend - and Mrs Vedder 1978 and her hubby! AND SPEEDY!
    Can't wait! I'm trying for Tampa and WPB
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• ozlifterozlifter Posts: 50
    I was pretty bummed until I logged on here and saw the *possibility* of a Dallas show.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • pathorses wrote:

That's how I felt!! I looked and my heart skipped a beat then I felt like I must be seeing things so I got real close to the screen and stared for a bit rereading it a few more times!! It still hasn't sunk in fully yet!

I am soooo friggin happy!

THANK YOU PEARL JAM!!!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde