***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    tybird wrote:
    ...and we say thank you for the bump and your contribution.

The Dirty South

good old southern hospitality
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Dollpartz wrote:
    good old southern hospitality
    I say, only the best, only the best, Miss Prissy ;)

The Dirty South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tour the south

thanks for playing bonnaroo
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    The Dirty South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Our icon:

http://www.tultw.com/bios/foghornpic.gif

The Dirty South
    2nd page!!!!????

play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

tybird wrote:
    Nice! I love it! A future southern tour poster? ;)

play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    Nice! I love it! A future southern tour poster? ;)

play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    That would rock indeed, son...why it indubitably would rock, I say.

The Dirty South

When y'all are down here...it's y'all that talk funny! :D
  • tour the south

thanks for playing bonnaroo
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    tybird wrote:
    They're just chicken, chicken I say to play the Dirty South. :D

http://pages.prodigy.net/ncbri/pjpics/foghorn.jpg

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    does it ever end
    Brian
  • Disclaimer: I know there are many (several) of you here that have inside information and I don't claim any inside information at ALL. The LAST thing I want to do is get my hopes up, much less anybody else's. I've been heartbroken enough, right? But, one of my best friends sent me these emails......again, we know tours have been scheduled and cancelled but I feel compelled to share this anyway.

This is from back in January when we were "talking" about seeing Tom Petty (and we did score good tickets):

"My secretary's father is in charge of the entire southeastern region from D.C. to Florida for Live Nation! When she told me that I started salivating. For some artists he handles their entire tour - Elton John, Billy Joel, and Jimmy Buffet and maybe a couple of others."

She and I don't always share the same tastes but she absolutely knows what a big PJ fan I am so I (finally) asked her to ask her friend if she'd heard anything. This is what she said TODAY:

"Her father confirmed. They are touring this summer. Keep you posted when I get some actual dates."

Again, this is one of my best friends and I can't help but get a little excited but only a little. We've been let down so much...............wouldn't it be fu*king great, though???????

Any thoughts?

Peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    pathorses wrote:
    Disclaimer: I know there are many (several) of you here that have inside information and I don't claim any inside information at ALL. The LAST thing I want to do is get my hopes up, much less anybody else's. I've been heartbroken enough, right? But, one of my best friends sent me these emails......again, we know tours have been scheduled and cancelled but I feel compelled to share this anyway.

This is from back in January when we were "talking" about seeing Tom Petty (and we did score good tickets):

"My secretary's father is in charge of the entire southeastern region from D.C. to Florida for Live Nation! When she told me that I started salivating. For some artists he handles their entire tour - Elton John, Billy Joel, and Jimmy Buffet and maybe a couple of others."

She and I don't always share the same tastes but she absolutely knows what a big PJ fan I am so I (finally) asked her to ask her friend if she'd heard anything. This is what she said TODAY:

"Her father confirmed. They are touring this summer. Keep you posted when I get some actual dates."

Again, this is one of my best friends and I can't help but get a little excited but only a little. We've been let down so much...............wouldn't it be fu*king great, though???????

Any thoughts?

Peace,
    Pat
    I don't know, I guess I always believe these things. Thank you for sharing it with everyone and PLEASE give us some dates when you find out :)

play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Announce The South!!! The Entire South!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • LukinFan wrote:
    I don't know, I guess I always believe these things. Thank you for sharing it with everyone and PLEASE give us some dates when you find out :)

play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!

Oh, you guys will be the FIRST to know!! Other than my son, I'm the only big fan (and he's 18 so he actually has a life!) This is the first place I came!! I've just been let down before so I'm excited and scared at the same time........
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    pathorses wrote:
    Disclaimer: I know there are many (several) of you here that have inside information and I don't claim any inside information at ALL. The LAST thing I want to do is get my hopes up, much less anybody else's. I've been heartbroken enough, right? But, one of my best friends sent me these emails......again, we know tours have been scheduled and cancelled but I feel compelled to share this anyway.

Any thoughts?

Peace,
    Pat

This makes sense with the little tidbit that dangerboy gave us recently. It def sounds like some tentative plans are being made. Now we just have to hope that the band follows through this time and doesn't back out as they seemingly did last year.
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    http://pages.prodigy.net/ncbri/pjpics/foghorn.jpg

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    does it ever end
    Dig it, Brother....I say, I say that's some of the best darn fancy computin' I done seen. :D

That's the tour poster for the Dirty South.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    pathorses wrote:

Any thoughts?

Peace,
    Pat

I love this.

playthedirtysouth
    tourthedirtysouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • SPALMA wrote:
    I love this.

playthedirtysouth
    tourthedirtysouth

I know........dare we hope??!!
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Pat, you really know how to get the weekend started early. I'm getting more and more hopeful with each passing day.

I have no concrete insider info, but I know a radio/promotions guy in the Mid-South. He knows to contact me the instant he hears something about Pearl Jam touring this summer.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • tour the south
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    Tough new camera/recording policy for EV solo shows....:rolleyes:

Come to the Dirty South, if your ego will let ya'
  • thanks for playing bonnaroo

Please play the south
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Play the South!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

play the south

announce a southern tour

see you at Bonnaroo!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

The Dirty South
  • rhinomagic wrote:
    Pat, you really know how to get the weekend started early. I'm getting more and more hopeful with each passing day.

I have no concrete insider info, but I know a radio/promotions guy in the Mid-South. He knows to contact me the instant he hears something about Pearl Jam touring this summer.

Hard not to get the old hopes up..........

Page 2 Bump!!

Tour the South this summer!!!!!!

Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    I think it'd be just great if PJ would tour the south this summer.