T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    SPALMA wrote:
    watched Pictures/frame on Friday evening.

I started reading "into the wild" and pretty much got pissed off after the first couple of chapters. The journalistic writing just seems to be one step away from TV or tabloids. And as a mother of 2 sons roughly that age, I fail to see the "lyrical importance" of how this man rejected society AND HIS FAMILY. pissed me off.

But it is very likely that I have not given this book a chance... and I am totally biased towards those he hurt.

And got in the mail today....., my home insurance is being non-renewed... 18 years with that fucking company, not one claim, just want basic coverage for my modest habitat... shit - florida. Now it will quadruple in price (AND they will act like you're "Lucky to even Get the coverage so be happy even though your premium jumped to $,4000" ) and again we are fucked....
    ...Ed if you want to make a statement, to REALLY help, put THAT in a fucking song.

rant, rant, rant, rant

Beautiful day today, though.

playthesouth
    I am sorry. I am in a flood zone here on the west coast and my insurance is a bitch too.I feel your pain.Also sorry that you have to work today.I have off.I am not trying to rub it in.Well just listen to some PJ and relax.PEACE as always.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I'm jumping on this bandwagon now since I've decided that there's no place I'd rather travel to see the band in 2008!

PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!
    No place I'd rather travel to see PJ than Canada...and especially Toronto (2003)....the most rockin, greatest crowd collectively was in Toronto....why the boys keep going to see you.
    You come down to Texas, first beers on me.
    Sure hope you have a high Ten Club number though.....(-:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    SPALMA wrote:
    I know! I know!! I'm glad it's you, Stoney.

Have you seen Into the Wild yet? We almost went to Winter springs to see it (closest place to us) but opted to stick around home instead. Actually we have picked up 2 garbage cans of plastic rubbish off the beach this weekend. As well as enjoyed the water & wildlife :)

PLAYTHESOUTH

Saw it Friday night.....really enjoyed it. I hadn't listened to the soundtrack...was sooo nice to hear virgin PJ (yea,just eddie) at the movies in surround sound.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    stoneg wrote:
    I am sorry. I am in a flood zone here on the west coast and my insurance is a bitch too....

bummer :(

Enjoy your day off!!! few people actually have it off so feel special :)

playthesouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    callen wrote:
    No place I'd rather travel to see PJ than Canada...and especially Toronto (2003)....the most rockin, greatest crowd collectively was in Toronto....why the boys keep going to see you.
    You come down to Texas, first beers on me.
    Sure hope you have a high Ten Club number though.....(-:
    Halifax rocked in 2005!!!!

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    callen wrote:
    Saw it Friday night.....really enjoyed it. I hadn't listened to the soundtrack...was sooo nice to hear virgin PJ (yea,just eddie) at the movies in surround sound.

I do want to see it in a theater ...hope it comes closer to us. Must have been fun hearing Ed through-out the movie.

Was it a "make you think" type of movie that Penn likes to do?

Can't wait to see it.

playthesouth

afternoon bump

playthesouth

SPALMA wrote:
    I do want to see it in a theater ...hope it comes closer to us. Must have been fun hearing Ed through-out the movie.

Was it a "make you think" type of movie that Penn likes to do?

Can't wait to see it.

playthesouth

it was a "make you think movie"...as was the book...well according to my freind that went with me... and he said it was pretty close to the book.

Course he did reaaaally like the book....you may want to keep reading it...as you'll see it jumps back and forth in the story.

Some parents are rough on their children..but that's no reflection on you...so yea it sucks when children abandon their families..but sometimes, i can relate with that big time right now.

....found only one theater in Houston that was showing it last weekend.

Just ordered the soundtrack after going to the movie..didnt' really think I'd want solo Eddie..but it did sound really good.

just wonder if when PJ plays in concerts they'll play his stuff.....hmmmmm

course we'll never find out in the south....
    callen wrote:
    it was a "make you think movie"...as was the book...well according to my freind that went with me... and he said it was pretty close to the book.

Course he did reaaaally like the book....you may want to keep reading it...as you'll see it jumps back and forth in the story.

Some parents are rough on their children..but that's no reflection on you...so yea it sucks when children abandon their families..but sometimes, i can relate with that big time right now.

....found only one theater in Houston that was showing it last weekend.

Just ordered the soundtrack after going to the movie..didnt' really think I'd want solo Eddie..but it did sound really good.

just wonder if when PJ plays in concerts they'll play his stuff.....hmmmmm

course we'll never find out in the south....

Ha, ha, you won't have to worry because you'll be going to Canada first anyway...

Yeah, I'll read the ENTIRE book soon... I did see & read interviews with Sean Penn, the family and author and wondered exactly how much did they play/downplay the parents' relationship with the boy. Of course, they had to do this with the cooperation of the family so I imagine it was somewhat skewed.

SPALMA wrote:
    Ha, ha, you won't have to worry because you'll be going to Canada first anyway...

Yeah, I'll read the ENTIRE book soon... I did see & read interviews with Sean Penn, the family and author and wondered exactly how much did they play/downplay the parents' relationship with the boy. Of course, they had to do this with the cooperation of the family so I imagine it was somewhat skewed.
    Movie was pretty critical of the family...and again freind said it was pretty accurate.

yea if they play canada again...I will be going...Love the place...get ole Thompson in the white house and I'm for sure moving up there.
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Bump Bump Beg Beg! Give us SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!! Give us a hint it wont kill ya! PTS PTS
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Does anyone know where this movie is playing in the south. I have been looking all over NC and can't find it playing this weekend. Any info would be great.
  • Please come to the Dallas/Ft Worth area - last time they visited was 2003!!!!!!!
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    jam_fanj wrote:
    Does anyone know where this movie is playing in the south. I have been looking all over NC and can't find it playing this weekend. Any info would be great.
    go to intothewild.com and there are three links that you can put in your zip/address. Was but one in city of houston...so good luck...but definitely worth seeing.....just the mans voice was worth it......

Play the south..and second page bump....and relief for Ty.
    bump

playthesouth

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • bump for the cause.

PTS
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
    tybird wrote:
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

pts

PTS
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Wow, almost 15,000 posts now. What's that line? Dedication, naive and true?

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    until new shit comes to light
    Brian
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    NCBRI wrote:
    Wow, almost 15,000 posts now. What's that line? Dedication, naive and true?

and it goes like this..........

With no power, and fuckin' nothing to do
    I still remember, why don't you...don't you...

This is not for you
    This is not for you
    This is not for you
    Oh, never was for you...fuck you...
    This is not for you...
    Oh, this is not for you...yeah, you...
    This is not for you...
    Oh, not for you...
    Oh, you...

pts fuckers!
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    Dollpartz wrote:
    and it goes like this..........

With no power, and fuckin' nothing to do
    I still remember, why don't you...don't you...

This is not for you
    This is not for you
    This is not for you
    Oh, never was for you...fuck you...
    This is not for you...
    Oh, this is not for you...yeah, you...
    This is not for you...
    Oh, not for you...
    Oh, you...

pts fuckers!

Sadly we are the only thread with its own theme song.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    that's right fuckers, we still stand
    Brian
    Onward and upward.......next stop....15,000 posts!!!!

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    another bump in the wall

PLAY THE SOUTH
    if you don't play The South, you can't have any pudding
    Brian
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    Anybody else going through drought conditions? It's been water restrictions galore here for quite a while now. Hoping for some relief in the form of some showers today, but we need a significant amount of rain to get the water levels back to normal.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    oh please let it rain today
    Brian