***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    NCBRI wrote:
    Anybody else going through drought conditions? It's been water restrictions galore here for quite a while now. Hoping for some relief in the form of some showers today, but we need a significant amount of rain to get the water levels back to normal.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    oh please let it rain today
    All summer long..........extreme drought conditions here.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • During the Crohn's Webcast last night, someone asked Mike when they are going to play Florida.

Basically, he said they are going to work on getting a new record going (possibly in the spring) and then hopefully, get back on the road.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    During the Crohn's Webcast last night, someone asked Mike when they are going to play Florida.

Basically, he said they are going to work on getting a new record going (possibly in the spring) and then hopefully, get back on the road.

PBM

hmmmm... makes sense (for them) but he did not commit to the south, did he. I would just be happy, if they let us know AHEAD of TIME.

playthesoutn
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    sorry, I wanted the 15,000th post... :D

PLAY THE SOUTH

• SPALMA wrote:
    hmmmm... makes sense (for them) but he did not commit to the south, did he. I would just be happy, if they let us know AHEAD of TIME.

"We love Florida...we need to go back. I wish I could give you a date at this time, but I can't"

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• During the Crohn's Webcast last night, someone asked Mike when they are going to play Florida.

PBM

Any word on Alpine Valley down the road? hehehehe :D

I heard you got on the show congrats. :)
    "We love Florida...we need to go back. I wish I could give you a date at this time, but I can't"

PBM

Well, THAT's cool... thanks

you were on the show? How? What?

PLAYTHESOUTH

• SPALMA wrote:
    you were on the show? How? What?

It was a webcast about Crohn's. Someone from Florida emailed a question and then at the end asked when they were going to play Florida.

"We like to get off the grid for a while and then we get back. I hope we get back to Florida because we have a blast down there. I go to Cocoa Beach a lot...I love it there."

That's a good sign....for the future.

PBM

• BeerBaron wrote:
    Hmmm ... that seems to eliminate a 2008 tour of any significance. That is assuming that they would record the record, release the record, and then tour. There's no way that an album that they begin to work on in the spring will be released before the winter of 2008, even if the recording process is quick.

He tried to make it clear that a spring recording date was tentative at best...could be earlier or could be later.

PBM

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    During the Crohn's Webcast last night, someone asked Mike when they are going to play Florida.

PBM
    I want to shake that man's hand who asked about Florida.He is my new Hero!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Perhaps they will throw in a few VFC dates in mid-late 2008 before touring in 2009.

Either way Florida has a shot! Thank goodness for hanging chads.

playthesouth

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    2009 can't wait.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    2009 can't wait.
    2010 is still my best guess for dates in the South.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    2010 is still my best guess for dates in the South.

As "it" rises again...we can all watch it go to fire.

PBM

As "it" rises again...we can all watch it go to fire.

PBM
    Of course in 2010, Jupiter will explode and become the second star in our solar system, and the monolith will tell us to stay away from the moons of Jupiter.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    tybird wrote:
    Of course in 2010, Jupiter will explode and become the second star in our solar system, and the monolith will tell us to stay away from the moons of Jupiter.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

I'm humming eerie music in the background for you...

playthesouth

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    1001 pages, bitches!!!

hey, cocoa beach is spalma's backyard....maybe one of these days you will stumble across creedles on the beach ;)
    Dollpartz wrote:
    1001 pages, bitches!!!

hey, cocoa beach is spalma's backyard....maybe one of these days you will stumble across creedles on the beach ;)

Damn, don't you know it! My son surfs there all the time.

I go to Playalinda which is a little further North - much more natural beach - it is in a wildlife refuge so there are no facilities, roads or anything but wildlife for 20 miles around it. Plus there is a great topless beach at the north end of it :)

PLAYTHEBEAUTIFULSOUTH

SPALMA wrote:
    I'm humming eerie music in the background for you...

playthesouth
    So....you missed that great 1980's era sequel....2010: A Space Odyssey??? That is the entire basis for what goes on in that movie and explains a lot of the stuff from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    THE SOUTH!

needs to be played :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Back to the top! Bumpity bump bump for some Southern Love!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    tybird wrote:
    So....you missed that great 1980's era sequel....2010: A Space Odyssey??? That is the entire basis for what goes on in that movie and explains a lot of the stuff from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

I tried.... fell SOUND asleep in the movie theater. However, in 1980, I managed to stay awake for the original 2001.

playthesouth

SPALMA wrote:
    I tried.... fell SOUND asleep in the movie theater. However, in 1980, I managed to stay awake for the original 2001.

playthesouth
    Well....what I described was the "big" payoff at the end of the movie.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    tybird wrote:
    Well....what I described was the "big" payoff at the end of the movie.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

Oh Man! Spoiler!! I was gonna watch it this weekend.... :D

I'll just have to watch Immagine instead.

PLAYTHESOUTH

SPALMA wrote:
    Oh Man! Spoiler!! I was gonna watch it this weekend.... :D

I'll just have to watch Immagine instead.

PLAYTHESOUTH
    Doh!!!!

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    Pay day bump

playthesouth

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    the SOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUTTTTHHHH needs some love :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Our table is never crowded and it seats PLENTY

PLAY THE SOUTH
    Brian