***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    A drainage ditch was where I saw a very large specimen on Dauphin Island last friday.....a very large snake being harassed by some birds.....easily a four footer. :eek: :eek:

The little fellow was in a grassy area at the old native shell mound area....seen crawling out of a little wet area in search of some dinner.

Ugh!!!

PLAY THE SOUTH and TALK TO US please
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    SPALMA wrote:
    Ugh!!!

Snakes are pretty cool.....not as cool as birds or mammals.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • daystar143daystar143 Posts: 367
    tybird wrote:

Being that I had on flip flops during said encounter, I was not thinking that he was all that cool. In fact, I was calmly (if you recall) remembering my first aid for snakebite.
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
    daystar143 wrote:
    Being that I had on flip flops during said encounter, I was not thinking that he was all that cool. In fact, I was calmly (if you recall) remembering my first aid for snakebite.
    What....me worry?!? :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    tybird wrote:

snakes are slimy and gross, and so not cool
    Dollpartz wrote:
    snakes are slimy and gross, and so not cool
    Actually, they are scaly.....no slimy at all. Amphibians can be slimy....not reptiles. :D
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Well I haven't posted on this thread in a while and thought I'd check in to see what is going on...I see we're talking about snakes -sigh-

play the south :(
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    yield2me wrote:
    Well I haven't posted on this thread in a while and thought I'd check in to see what is going on...I see we're talking about snakes -sigh-

play the south :(

i know how you feel, there is absolutely nothing going on in the way of news or even glimmers of hope, and yet i find myself coming back here every day just to check.
    Dollpartz wrote:
    i know how you feel, there is absolutely nothing going on in the way of news or even glimmers of hope, and yet i find myself coming back here every day just to check.
    At least we're talking about something positive....:D
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Sigh.

Me too.
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    No news JTR? Oh well, at least Europe and Lollapalooza are coming up soon. I will at least get to enjoy checking out setlists.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    signed again
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    so smashing pumpkins are playing 9 dates in Asheville.

but we can't get one?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    A warm Spring day bump
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    intodeep wrote:
    so smashing pumpkins are playing 9 dates in Asheville.

but we can't get one?

I saw that about the Pumpkins. That's really cool! The last time I saw PJ live was in Asheville. It seems so long ago now. That show followed by Kissimmee were the last known sightings of PJ in The South. We have been shunned. :(

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    Brian
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Please Play The South, North, East, and West.
    Please Play The Sun, The Moon, and Gene Simmons Chest.
    Please Play A Show Longer than The Grateful Dead.
    Please Play A Show Whilst Scarlett Johannsen Gives Me...

Anyways Please Play When You Can

Thanks!

A long forgotten two fer tuesday tradition. In this case it's a special bump for Scarlett Johannsen. :)

PLAY THE SOUTH
    before I get old
    talkin bout my geographical location baby
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    A long forgotten two fer tuesday tradition. In this case it's a special bump for Scarlett Johannsen. :)

PLAY THE SOUTH
    before I get old
    talkin bout my geographical location baby
    More of a Selma Hayak fan...:D or Gina Gershon :D....but especially a fan of my beautiful and sexy wife!!!!!!! :D .....wow they have limited the number of images that we can use in a post.....wonder what brought that on???? :D
    Booooo Booooo the limit of five images per post boooooo :( :( :( :( :(
    I wonder if they deleted my posts with all the little faces????
    NCBRI wrote:
    I saw that about the Pumpkins. That's really cool! The last time I saw PJ live was in Asheville. It seems so long ago now. That show followed by Kissimmee were the last known sightings of PJ in The South. We have been shunned. :(

THE SOUTH ABIDES

isn't shunning an Amish form of punishment?

its time to unshun the south!!!
    tybird wrote:
    Booooo Booooo the limit of five images per post boooooo :( :( :( :( :(
    I wonder if they deleted my posts with all the little faces????

HEE HEEE HEE HEE hee heee hee hee

• lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    We're not going anywhere boys...might as well book the shows and get it over with
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    NCBRI wrote:

THE SOUTH ABIDES

Asheville was my last show also.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    I see on Youtube there was Ed, Flea and Jack Irons playing Hullabaloo.Not sure where that event was but I sure wish they would announce a southern tour with two nights in Dallas, two nights in Houston or Austin and at least one show in every state they left out since 03. I still love you guys
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    Play the South in 08 bump
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    All that's sacred, comes from youth
    Dedication, naive and true
    With no power, and fuckin' nothing to do
    I still remember, why don't you...don't you...

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    Brian
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Play the South in 08 bump

the boys will get bored.....want to get away from screaming kids...and visit us in the fall.....of 07!
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: 5 against the 5 face limit!!!!
  • gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    When you are betrayed by someone, it is highly likely that you will not easily trust them again. Trust is fragile and can be lost instantly or there is a hysterisis whereby a long-earned trust may be eroded and then suddenly lost.

just read this in a book

????????????????? anyone.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    Hey, Gardenlover you are right.

The band has one more shot with me.... if they skip us again the next time they go out on the road AND THEY DON't COMMUNICATE WITH US - then I am finished. They will lose my respect and trust.

Trust is conditional at this point in time.

They may have their reasons for not playing (and I may not agree with them) - but if they leave us swinging in the breeze again, it would be wrong... and mean.

Part of my loyalty is based on the integrity that they have shown in how they have handled the business of Pearl Jam; My respect for them as individuals is as important as my love for their art.

tybird wrote:
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: 5 against the 5 face limit!!!!

Bandwidth censorship!!!

Actually, I thought emoticon protest was brilliant! Got their attention!