***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    bump it my friends!!

WED NIGHT 7:30
    SMOLTZ vs. MADDUX
    should be a great one!

You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the goddamn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    NCBRI wrote:
    BTW.......anyone see the SNL in the 90's special that was on last night? Showed a couple clips of PJ singing appropriately enough "Not For You".

yes, and I took it personally.

PLAY THE SOUTH and TALK TO US please
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    SPALMA wrote:
    yes, and I took it personally.

It was also rather appropriate as the backdrop for the story on Norm McDonald's ousting from the show. Bad Ass version of the song and probably my favorite one.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    until there's room at the table
    Brian
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Great weekend in Highlands, North Carolina......lots of good high altitude warblers, despite not seeing a Blackburnian Warbler. That Black-throated Blue Warbler is drop dead gorgeous!! Lots and lots of salamanders...the teacher's specialty. We stopped at Pigeon Mountain, Georgia to check out the Pigeon Mountain Cave Salamander...found only on that one mountain in Northwest Georgia. Nature in the South rules!!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • I am not much of a forums person but the topic of this thread really concerns me. I registered a screename just to reply to this thread. Even though I know Ed, Mike, or any of the guys will never read or hear of this I'd like to think that they will anyway so I'm going to talk to them in first person.

I live in north Alabama, and I am the only true fan of yours I know of. Sure, people here and there know some of the songs from your last album, maybe even one of your classics, but no one here would I consider a fan. Honestly, I fell a bit isolated as a fan.

You, Pearl Jam, are by far my favorite band. Your music is amazingly intricate and creative to me. Also, I beleive the way your music has evolved over the years is beautiful. Ever since I bought my fisrt Pearl Jam album in middle school I've never stopped listening to your music.

I have all your studio albums, and I'm constantly downloading odds and ends songs of yours through iTunes. I also have your concert dvd from 2000 and the New York concert dvd from 2003. I feel that I have been exposed to, felt, and comprehended most of everything musical you have expressed. But since I live in the South, I have never had the oppritunity to see you live. Your last show near here was in Birmingham in 2003 I believe, which was before I could get in a car and come see you since I'm 17.

I would kill to have you come within driving distance of my location. It would make my experience of listening to your music a little more complete. Also, being a guitarist myself, I'd love nothing more than to see a performance from Mike, to see what guitar he uses on which song, etc. More than anything I'd love to tell people how great your band is, if and when they hear that you are coming to play a show near here and ask about you.

Please come somewhere in the Southeast. The traditional conservative values common here may clash with your own, but you could see it as "reaching out" so to speak. I hope my request can somehow make a difference in your decisions in avoiding the South with your shows.
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Please play Florida! All that smoke is finally gone and it is beautiful out. A great time to play. Hello to all my southern friends. Im still bumpin'
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    I am not much of a forums person but the topic of this thread really concerns me. I registered a screename just to reply to this thread. Even though I know Ed, Mike, or any of the guys will never read or hear of this I'd like to think that they will anyway so I'm going to talk to them in first person.

I live in north Alabama, and I am the only true fan of yours I know of. Sure, people here and there know some of the songs from your last album, maybe even one of your classics, but no one here would I consider a fan. Honestly, I fell a bit isolated as a fan.

You, Pearl Jam, are by far my favorite band. Your music is amazingly intricate and creative to me. Also, I beleive the way your music has evolved over the years is beautiful. Ever since I bought my fisrt Pearl Jam album in middle school I've never stopped listening to your music.

I have all your studio albums, and I'm constantly downloading odds and ends songs of yours through iTunes. I also have your concert dvd from 2000 and the New York concert dvd from 2003. I feel that I have been exposed to, felt, and comprehended most of everything musical you have expressed. But since I live in the South, I have never had the oppritunity to see you live. Your last show near here was in Birmingham in 2003 I believe, which was before I could get in a car and come see you since I'm 17.

I would kill to have you come within driving distance of my location. It would make my experience of listening to your music a little more complete. Also, being a guitarist myself, I'd love nothing more than to see a performance from Mike, to see what guitar he uses on which song, etc. More than anything I'd love to tell people how great your band is, if and when they hear that you are coming to play a show near here and ask about you.

Please come somewhere in the Southeast. The traditional conservative values common here may clash with your own, but you could see it as "reaching out" so to speak. I hope my request can somehow make a difference in your decisions in avoiding the South with your shows.
    Welcome aboard......Some of us on this thread, like me, reside in the state that you do.....:D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    .....Please come somewhere in the Southeast. The traditional conservative values common here may clash with your own, but you could see it as "reaching out" so to speak. I hope my request can somehow make a difference in your decisions in avoiding the South with your shows.

well said ;)

stereotypes suck.

(and welcome aboard, great job on your first post!)
    I am not much of a forums person but the topic of this thread really concerns me. I registered a screename just to reply to this thread. Even though I know Ed, Mike, or any of the guys will never read or hear of this I'd like to think that they will anyway so I'm going to talk to them in first person.

Whoa! you blew me away - with your first post. THank YOU.

Bumping for the salamanders and birds.........who love it down here!!!!
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    the south the south the south by god play the south. Why not, A band tours an area to promote itself. If sales are bad in the South then they should tour the South.
    whulmef wrote:
    the south the south the south by god play the south. Why not, A band tours an area to promote itself. If sales are bad in the South then they should tour the South.

Good Morning,
    perhaps you should read the other 643 pages of this thread. there are lots of reasons (including sales).

whulmef wrote:
    It appears that greed trumps logic in some cases.
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Dropping by for my 700th post...keep hope alive...for sometime before 2010 ;-)
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • choosefreechoosefree Posts: 6
    just a little bump to help my fellow southerners who LOVE Pearl Jam!
    peace, love and Pearl Jam
    10-04-96
    09-04-98
    08-06-00
    04-16-03
    06-16-08
    bump.

GO BRAVES!
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    Bumping....awaiting "Lost"
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    *starts chanting*

PLAY THE SOUTH.... PLAY THE SOUTH.... DROP THE LEASH... AND PLAY THE SOUTH!
    *starts chanting*

**Chanting along**

Bass!! How low can you go...........not touring the South is pretty low!!! :D
    **Chanting along**

Bump...because my kitty-cat said so.
    back you go to the top

bump

Daniel Quinn
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I know its already been said
    but it can't be said enough
    Pearl Jam is all we need
    All we need is Pearl Jam

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    until the time is right
    Brian
    good night...

no news, nothing... shit... at least it is Friday!

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    bump :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    bump :(

yeah....

• lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Guys let's just rally like crazy until 13,000

bump!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    rally :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22