***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• debzilladebzilla Posts: 38
    stoneg wrote:
    OK things are under way on my end.We need to vote on a charity to fundraise for.Any Suggestions?

Scleroderma Foundation gets my vote......RIP Mom
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    tybird wrote:
    We never got an answer on the performing topless question, or did we? ;)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

i dont think the ladies would enjoy that all too much :D

unless they... you know :D

anything for charity baby!
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279

Please refer to our "Burn the Bra" posts several pages back...
    we don't want to scare anybody... :)
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!

Are you saying that Southern ladies aren't open-minded when it comes to the arts? Well, I swear. ;)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Are you saying that Southern ladies aren't open-minded when it comes to the arts? Well, I swear. ;)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

hahaha :D
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    what happened to JTR?

thats all i wanna know.

PLAY THE SOUTH!
    the South abides.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

isnt anyone else wondering where JTR went? did he fly away on his bat wings into the sunset? wtf dude, COME BACK and at least tell us what happened to the wings.

sheesh...
    Dollpartz wrote:
    isnt anyone else wondering where JTR went? did he fly away on his bat wings into the sunset? wtf dude, COME BACK and at least tell us what happened to the wings.

sheesh...
    I believe that he said that he was on the road this week.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Dollpartz wrote:

sheesh...

i still dont get what the big idea about the bat wings :D

i mean i get it.... but not.... and yeah... where is that fucker...

ill bust him five cross his lips :D
    i still dont get what the big idea about the bat wings :D

i mean i get it.... but not.... and yeah... where is that fucker...

ill bust him five cross his lips :D
    Remind me to be nice to you....:D

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    tybird wrote:
    Remind me to be nice to you....:D

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

hey tybird.........................................*taps you on the shoulder*
    hey tybird.........................................*taps you on the shoulder*
    Yes.................:confused:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    tybird wrote:
    Yes.................:confused:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

be nice to me :) or you know what ill have to do

lets just say, it involves the number five, and across your lips
    be nice to me :) or you know what ill have to do

lets just say, it involves the number five, and across your lips
    D'oh!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    tybird wrote:
    D'oh!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

but thats ok...

your a good ol chap :)

and i like you so...... but jtr, better watch his back :D

well im off to my crappy job :D no more bra burning or bat wings while im away, k? :)
    tybird wrote:
    I believe that he said that he was on the road this week.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

no excuse ;-p

well whatever, its been so boring over here and he promised he'd come back and tell us the answer a couple days ago. just curious, and bored...yawn...

play the south
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Dollpartz wrote:
    no excuse ;-p

well whatever, its been so boring over here and he promised he'd come back and tell us the answer a couple days ago. just curious, and bored...yawn...

play the south

we need a mission... instead of just waiting around for Pearl Jam & JTR we should plan something... move on... like stoneg suggested -maybe a party and fundraiser. Any ideas? Any volunteers (beside Stoneg)? While we are waiting for Pearl Jam.

With still no word, this may turn out to be the longest pre-show tailgate yet. so let's make a small part of it a reality.

We could practice ducking Mandi's fearsome five...

Problem is, we are SO spread out... and I sure would want EVERYONE there. Oh, well, such is life... just thinking out loud, while I am waiting....

the South abides,

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

SPALMA wrote:
    we need a mission... instead of just waiting around for Pearl Jam & JTR we should plan something... move on... like stoneg suggested -maybe a party and fundraiser. Any ideas? Any volunteers (beside Stoneg)? While we are waiting for Pearl Jam.

With still no word, this may turn out to be the longest pre-show tailgate yet. so let's make a small part of it a reality.

We could practice ducking Mandi's fearsome five...

Problem is, we are SO spread out... and I sure would want EVERYONE there. Oh, well, such is life... just thinking out loud, while I am waiting....

the South abides,

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

I think a fundraiser/party is a great idea, and i'd like to do something with an environmental or political spin, voter registration as you suggested is a great idea and so important, now more than ever. planting more trees is another great idea (where has barking dogs gone anyway)? I will do whatever I can to help/contribute/organize. Not sure if I have given up the idea that we'll get a show, but i've spent the last year campaigning for it and i hate to just see it disappear. rather go out with a big loud bang!
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Dollpartz wrote:
    I think a fundraiser/party is a great idea, and i'd like to do something with an environmental or political spin, voter registration as you suggested is a great idea and so important, now more than ever. planting more trees is another great idea (where has barking dogs gone anyway)? I will do whatever I can to help/contribute/organize. Not sure if I have given up the idea that we'll get a show, but i've spent the last year campaigning for it and i hate to just see it disappear. rather go out with a big loud bang!

I plan to make a nuisance out of myself for however long it takes. I'm in for the duration.

Maybe we can stage an old fashioned protest... a sit-in, picketing, marching, bra burning, although we don't have any draft cards to burn (yet)... feel like getting arrested?

the South abides,

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

SPALMA wrote:
    I plan to make a nuisance out of myself for however long it takes. I'm in for the duration.

Maybe we can stage an old fashioned protest... a sit-in, picketing, marching, bra burning, although we don't have any draft cards to burn (yet)... feel like getting arrested?

the South abides,

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

its the summer of love all over again!
  • daystar143daystar143 Posts: 367
    SPALMA wrote:

the South abides,

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

As for me, making a nuisance of myself is what I do best!

Now, about the bra burning...can we all have some plastic surgery first...a boobs for Pearl Jam kind of event, before we lite the match? :)
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
    daystar143 wrote:
    As for me, making a nuisance of myself is what I do best!

Now, about the bra burning...can we all have some plastic surgery first...a boobs for Pearl Jam kind of event, before we lite the match? :)

SURE! We'll have to pre-fundraise for all of the pre-surgery required for the
    pre-"Not-For-You-Tour" Protest/Party/Fundraiser :)

I'm staying out of the current discussion. :)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    tybird wrote:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

No wonder Daystar married you, you're smart too.

the South abides,

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

• daystar143daystar143 Posts: 367
    tybird wrote:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

You are indeed a wise and handsome spouse.

Now, about that fund-raiser...Bake Sale for Boobies? Selling Treats for Tits? Pet Sitting for Perkies?

On a more serious note....one thing we may have all left out of the concert equasion....what about the role of promoters? Do any of us know promoters in any of our areas that we can poll to find out if they are even interested in having PJ shows? As I understand it from a friend of ours that used to play in a fairly popular indie group, what promoters are willing to do and offer plays a pretty significant role in what a band can or can't do. We've all commented on some of the past problems with southern tours...how do we get promoters interested in lobbying on our behalf and making decent offers?
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
    daystar143 wrote:
    You are indeed a wise and handsome spouse.

Now, about that fund-raiser...Bake Sale for Boobies? Selling Treats for Tits? Pet Sitting for Perkies?

On a more serious note....one thing we may have all left out of the concert equasion....what about the role of promoters? Do any of us know promoters in any of our areas that we can poll to find out if they are even interested in having PJ shows? As I understand it from a friend of ours that used to play in a fairly popular indie group, what promoters are willing to do and offer plays a pretty significant role in what a band can or can't do. We've all commented on some of the past problems with southern tours...how do we get promoters interested in lobbying on our behalf and making decent offers?

Promoters? Know nothing of the industry... I do know that ORock radio was going to "sponsor" a show in Orlando, one that they backed out of Last November. is that what you mean? They actually sponsored the HOB show in 2003. We got our tickets thru them. And I know they have been trying to get them for a year now.

Also, Perhaps, Stoneg or JTR have more information on what you speak about.

the South abides,

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~