***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Dollpartz wrote:
    yes we did, but now i really NEED my bra ;-)

play the south!
    Didn't that scorch your boobies???? :D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    lol Billy Ray is nobody I know of just kind of a "hickish" phrase I hear around here. No worries regarding the kids they dont get to play on daddy's computer only one is old enough to read any ways. :)
    Billy Ray there...........We call 'em Billy Bob's around here.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    tybird wrote:
    Didn't that scorch your boobies???? :D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

what boobies?

j/k

play the south!!!

where the f@*$ is JTR?
    Dollpartz wrote:
    what boobies?

j/k

play the south!!!

where the f@*$ is JTR?
    Either the Red-footed ones or the Blue-footed ones??

http://www.exoticbirding.com/images/red-footed-booby-CS-rt.jpg
    http://www.intireizen.nl/images/blue%20footed%20booby%201.jpg

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    tybird wrote:
    Either the Red-footed ones or the Blue-footed ones??

http://www.exoticbirding.com/images/red-footed-booby-CS-rt.jpg
    http://www.intireizen.nl/images/blue%20footed%20booby%201.jpg

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

nice lookin boobies Ty, very exotic!

seriously...very nice!

playthesouthplaythesouthplaythesouth..aw fuckit
    SPALMA wrote:
    key west June 8th - 11th girls only!, Duval Crawl
    there's 4 of us going so far (& maybe 2 gay guy friends)

the South abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

sounds like a shitload of fun!

more ideas please? anyone? vacations in lieu of pj tours? mama needs a break here...
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I contacted Evenflow.They will play in July for us at the tune of $2,000.00
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    Keep the faith yall, the closest thing we have had to official is the Chicago Sun Times article. It said as part of a tour....that gives me hope until I hear from Pearl Jam that they are not touring I am going to keep hoping. Hell it will be no different than the past year has been. There are 8 more months in this year and I think there is a good chance that somewhere in the south they will play. If not then I bet they will at least do so before the end of 08. So yes that is a 20 month span but what the hell. I am not giving up on Pearl Jam and not giving up on this thread possibly leading to some news or getting the attention of at least a journalist who will ask the questions that need asking when they get to interview the band.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

You know I will never say goodbye
    And though I try to forget it
    You will make me call your name and I'll shout it
    to the blue summer...sky
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    stoneg wrote:

hmmmm... what are u thinking?

the South abides.

Play the South Please.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    stoneg wrote:

yes, go on....details please
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Dollpartz wrote:
    yes, go on....details please

i cant believe we are having to settle for a cover band...

this has officially been the worst week of my life.
    i cant believe we are having to settle for a cover band...

this has officially been the worst week of my life.

awwwww! big hugs mandi. let's hear what stoneg is thinking, it could be fun! its better than what we got so far, eh?
    Dollpartz wrote:
    awwwww! big hugs mandi. let's hear what stoneg is thinking, it could be fun! its better than what we got so far, eh?

AND we can do some fundraising ?!?

goodnight all. let's see what tomorrow brings.

the South abides

Please play the South

• pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    Keep the faith yall, the closest thing we have had to official is the Chicago Sun Times article. It said as part of a tour....that gives me hope until I hear from Pearl Jam that they are not touring I am going to keep hoping. Hell it will be no different than the past year has been. There are 8 more months in this year and I think there is a good chance that somewhere in the south they will play. If not then I bet they will at least do so before the end of 08. So yes that is a 20 month span but what the hell. I am not giving up on Pearl Jam and not giving up on this thread possibly leading to some news or getting the attention of at least a journalist who will ask the questions that need asking when they get to interview the band.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

You know I will never say goodbye
    And though I try to forget it
    You will make me call your name and I'll shout it
    to the blue summer...sky

20 months?? How do you come up with that math.....? Help a sister out, please.
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    Dollpartz wrote:

yes darlin....

*offers you a bong hit*
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Im still Faithful in Florida but what was said to be a tease has turned into pure torture! Oh what the hell, here is my daily bump and beggin' PLAY THE SOUTH AND ANNOUNCE IT SOON!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH we miss you
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    ok guys, don't want to start shit, I know I heard from Carter today and he said that, "it looks as though the tour is off", well I heard from another source who has a friend that lives in Kansas City, and knows part of PJ's road crew and he says they are touring and it will consist of 24 shows, thats all he has told me, he said he asked for cities and hasn't gotten a response back yet, but when he lets me know I will let you all know
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    TheGossman wrote:
    ok guys, don't want to start shit, I know I heard from Carter today and he said that, "it looks as though the tour is off", well I heard from another source who has a friend that lives in Kansas City, and knows part of PJ's road crew and he says they are touring and it will consist of 24 shows, thats all he has told me, he said he asked for cities and hasn't gotten a response back yet, but when he lets me know I will let you all know

Dear Pearl Jam, won't you come out to play
    Dear PEarl Jam, greet the brand new day
    The sun is up, the sky is blue
    It's beautiful and so are you
    Dear Pearl Jam won't you come out and play
    Dear Pearl Jam open up your eyes
    Dear PEarl Jam see the sunny skies
    The wind is low the birds will sing
    that you are part of everything
    Dear Pearl Jam won't you open up your eyes?
    Look around round
    Look around round round
    Look around
    Dear Pearl Jam let me see you smile
    Dear Pearl Jam like a little child
    The clouds will be a daisy chain
    So let me see you smile again
    Dear Pearl Jam won't you let me see you smile?
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    TheGossman wrote:

ARRRRGGGHHH!!! The madness continues!!

Thanks.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Dear Pearl Jam, won't you come out to play
    Dear PEarl Jam, greet the brand new day
    The sun is up, the sky is blue
    It's beautiful and so are you
    Dear Pearl Jam won't you come out and play
    Dear Pearl Jam open up your eyes
    Dear PEarl Jam see the sunny skies
    The wind is low the birds will sing
    that you are part of everything
    Dear Pearl Jam won't you open up your eyes?
    Look around round
    Look around round round
    Look around
    Dear Pearl Jam let me see you smile
    Dear Prudence like a little child
    The clouds will be a daisy chain
    So let me see you smile again
    Dear Pearl Jam won't you let me see you smile?

I'll make you a deal. They play the south and then play Alpine. Hows that? hehehe
  • hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    If/when PJ plays the south... I am going to make a t-shirt celebrating tybird. 1800+ posts for your cause???

Outstanding!!! I hope it happens.

:)
    I'll make you a deal. They play the south and then play Alpine. Hows that? hehehe

i find it very ironic....

that....... i havnt rode the peace train in a while....

and.... i just did , and here you show up :D

*high five*
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    TheGossman wrote:

you know a guy who knows a guy in another state who knows a guy that says "X"? c'mon man. you'll take that over liz burns? god, we're desperate....

this is just too much

i haven't posted in this thread in 3 days. i was going to wait for jtr's post today, but now i've had enough.

late last summer when it became apparent that they weren't announcing any more american dates, i started bugging my guys for info. i was told, summarily and without any hesitation, that there would be no southern dates in 06. by people i've known for decades and who have never, ever been wrong. and they weren't.

i started posting in this thread with that full knowledge. i never really expected any shows here, but i don't know, i guess i thought maybe we could get their attention, maybe get them to tell us to wait til spring, or get them to tell us to just drop it cuz it ain't gonna happen.

since then, it's been the same answer from my guys at least once a month. "nope". this appears to be common knowledge amongst the pearl jam camp. and there's not been a single hint that they were even thinking about it. just the opposite, actually.

i know, it's my own fault for buying in, but i'm tired of the roller coaster. hope. hope dashed. hope regained. hope redashed. trying to figure out if there's any cryptic meaning in every single word uttered by tim or kat or sea or santos or stone to some girl outside a radio station or mike at a ccfa event.

there's no hidden meanings, y'all. maybe they're trying to be nice, i guess, by not saying it outright. but their intent is clear. they're not playing here. it's personal, apparently, and they're not doing it anytime soon. i don't know exactly what the fuck is up their asses, but it fucking sucks, that's for sure.

but it ISN'T ticket sales. they don't sell any fewer tickets on average here than anywhere else. nobody can prove that they do. shows in other areas of the country went un-sold-out. 10,000 in cleveland is 10,000 in atlanta. but i digress...

whatever their fucking problem with the south is, we, the INNOCENT BYSTANDERS, the fans, the people who buy their cd's and bootlegs by the dozens and posters till our spouses are pissed off and t shirts and concert tickets....WE ARE BEING FUCKED. they can't seriously have a problem with us, the fans, can they? even if they hate the south in general, what about those of us who love them and SUPPORT THEM NOT JUST WITH WORDS AND ACTIONS< BUT WITH MONEY, AND SHITLOADS OF IT?

i, for one, am fucking tired of being strung along. by the band, by the 10c, by jtr (whose motives may very well be altruistic, but whose methods are maddening. i actually never posted anything about what my guys were telling me until i'd been posting in this thread for months. i was too worried about killing people's buzz. i am of the opinion that jtr should never have said anything until it was a done deal. recipe for catastrophe, imho...but then again, i went along with it, too, hoping against hope that maybe they actually were working on something for later this year, and that maybe there actually was info that my guys didn't know yet because, since it wasn't a done deal, they wouldn't care yet).....everybody. it's just bullshit and i've had enough.

there's just no reasonable explanation for the fact that nearly one year and 11,500 posts later that nobody from anywhere has seen this thread and bothered to tell us anything, even if it's "NO". we've begged, pleaded, planted trees, fended off innumerable ignorant attacks from other board members, pleaded, begged, planted more trees, petitioned, petitioned, petitioned, and did i mention begged? tell us no or to cool our jets and wait. nothing. crickets. the roaring silence. it's deafening....

so, i've had it. i'm done with stating my case. done with begging and pleading and kissing ass. it's gotten us nowhere.

i feel, as a pearl jam fan, totally disrespected. like having a girlfriend break up with you, but never telling you. you're just left twisting in the wind. phone calls and emails go unanswered. she doesn't tell you it's over, and you never find out why. you don't even hear it from someplace else. it's not until eventually you are FORCED into the realization that she didn't bother to even tell you to fuck off on her way out. this is worse than just hearing that you're ugly, or that your breath stinks, or that you suck in bed. at least you know, and you can deal with it going forward...

this is the way i feel. i can't understand it. i've been in the 10c for 12 or 13 years. i've spent thousands, no THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars on this band. i've planned life events around them. i've actively promoted them from INSIDE the rock radio business for 15 fucking years.....

and they didn't even bother to tell me to "fuck off" on their way out, or why they were leaving. and honestly, it hurts.

and i just can't take it anymore.

i hate to admit it, but this whole situation has made me question what the hell i was thinking all this time. was i stupid? why do i give them this much power in my life? why don't they care? why don't they have enough respect for me, for US to at least say SOMETHING? ANYTHING? what did I do wrong?

it's sad, but i feel like i've lost something in the relationship i had with pearl jam. yeah, i'm sure i'll jump on the first chance i get to see them...i can't exactly turn off or erase 15 years of my life....but it won't be the same as it used to be. my feelings for them have always been pure. now, i feel as if i have to be skeptical, cynical, distrusting.....and i'm sad because of it. i don't like feeling this way. i don't want to feel this way.

but, i don't think it matters to them.

and that would mean that they're not who and what i thought they were.

and it hits like a fist to the jaw

if they ever do decide to grace our pathetic little corner of hell with their presence, i hope one of you will start a thread for a get-together of some kind. i've really enjoyed all the conversations we've had here...y'all are some cool people who would have loved to have seen a pearl jam show with...

signed,

disillusioned and disrespected in the south

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    dangerboy wrote:
    you know a guy who knows a guy in another state who knows a guy that says "X"? c'mon man. you'll take that over liz burns? god, we're desperate....

this is just too much

i haven't posted in this thread in 3 days. i was going to wait for jtr's post today, but now i've had enough.

late last summer when it became apparent that they weren't announcing any more american dates, i started bugging my guys for info. i was told, summarily and without any hesitation, that there would be no southern dates in 06. by people i've known for decades and who have never, ever been wrong. and they weren't.

i started posting in this thread with that full knowledge. i never really expected any shows here, but i don't know, i guess i thought maybe we could get their attention, maybe get them to tell us to wait til spring, or get them to tell us to just drop it cuz it ain't gonna happen.

since then, it's been the same answer from my guys at least once a month. "nope". this appears to be common knowledge amongst the pearl jam camp. and there's not been a single hint that they were even thinking about it. just the opposite, actually.

i know, it's my own fault for buying in, but i'm tired of the roller coaster. hope. hope dashed. hope regained. hope redashed. trying to figure out if there's any cryptic meaning in every single word uttered by tim or kat or sea or santos or stone to some girl outside a radio station or mike at a ccfa event.

there's no hidden meanings, y'all. maybe they're trying to be nice, i guess, by not saying it outright. but their intent is clear. they're not playing here. it's personal, apparently, and they're not doing it anytime soon. i don't know exactly what the fuck is up their asses, but it fucking sucks, that's for sure.

but it ISN'T ticket sales. they don't sell any fewer tickets on average here than anywhere else. nobody can prove that they do. shows in other areas of the country went un-sold-out. 10,000 in cleveland is 10,000 in atlanta. but i digress...

whatever their fucking problem with the south is, we, the INNOCENT BYSTANDERS, the fans, the people who buy their cd's and bootlegs by the dozens and posters till our spouses are pissed off and t shirts and concert tickets....WE ARE BEING FUCKED. they can't seriously have a problem with us, the fans, can they? even if they hate the south in general, what about those of us who love them and SUPPORT THEM NOT JUST WITH WORDS AND ACTIONS< BUT WITH MONEY, AND SHITLOADS OF IT?

i, for one, am fucking tired of being strung along. by the band, by the 10c, by jtr (whose motives may very well be altruistic, but whose methods are maddening. i actually never posted anything about what my guys were telling me until i'd been posting in this thread for months. i was too worried about killing people's buzz. i am of the opinion that jtr should never have said anything until it was a done deal. recipe for catastrophe, imho...but then again, i went along with it, too, hoping against hope that maybe they actually were working on something for later this year, and that maybe there actually was info that my guys didn't know yet because, since it wasn't a done deal, they wouldn't care yet).....everybody. it's just bullshit and i've had enough.

there's just no reasonable explanation for the fact that nearly one year and 11,500 posts later that nobody from anywhere has seen this thread and bothered to tell us anything, even if it's "NO". we've begged, pleaded, planted trees, fended off innumerable ignorant attacks from other board members, pleaded, begged, planted more trees, petitioned, petitioned, petitioned, and did i mention begged? tell us no or to cool our jets and wait. nothing. crickets. the roaring silence. it's deafening....

so, i've had it. i'm done with stating my case. done with begging and pleading and kissing ass. it's gotten us nowhere.

i feel, as a pearl jam fan, totally disrespected. like having a girlfriend break up with you, but never telling you. you're just left twisting in the wind. phone calls and emails go unanswered. she doesn't tell you it's over, and you never find out why. you don't even hear it from someplace else. it's not until eventually you are FORCED into the realization that she didn't bother to even tell you to fuck off on her way out. this is worse than just hearing that you're ugly, or that your breath stinks, or that you suck in bed. at least you know, and you can deal with it going forward...

this is the way i feel. i can't understand it. i've been in the 10c for 12 or 13 years. i've spent thousands, no THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars on this band. i've planned life events around them. i've actively promoted them from INSIDE the rock radio business for 15 fucking years.....

and they didn't even bother to tell me to "fuck off" on their way out, or why they were leaving. and honestly, it hurts.

and i just can't take it anymore.

i hate to admit it, but this whole situation has made me question what the hell i was thinking all this time. was i stupid? why do i give them this much power in my life? why don't they care? why don't they have enough respect for me, for US to at least say SOMETHING? ANYTHING? what did I do wrong?

it's sad, but i feel like i've lost something in the relationship i had with pearl jam. yeah, i'm sure i'll jump on the first chance i get to see them...i can't exactly turn off or erase 15 years of my life....but it won't be the same as it used to be. my feelings for them have always been pure. now, i feel as if i have to be skeptical, cynical, distrusting.....and i'm sad because of it. i don't like feeling this way. i don't want to feel this way.

but, i don't think it matters to them.

and that would mean that they're not who and what i thought they were.

and it hits like a fist to the jaw

if they ever do decide to grace our pathetic little corner of hell with their presence, i hope one of you will start a thread for a get-together of some kind. i've really enjoyed all the conversations we've had here...y'all are some cool people who would have loved to have seen a pearl jam show with...

signed,

disillusioned and disrespected in the south

wow, you must be riding the peace train too :D
    dangerboy wrote:

fuck it man, I want to believe, and do you really think Liz would tell us anything anyway, we are nothing to her, I've emailed the tenclub a couple times asking if they were touring the US at all this summer and I get the same response everytime, "nothing is planned at this time", yet they are confirmed for lollapolooza?!?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    wouldnt it be cool if pearl jam and company were planning a special, free, week long festival..... in one southern venue... like atlanta .....

just pearljam.... all day, all night.....

for the hell of it....

it will never happen... but wouldnt it be nice? :D

we would be so good to them.... we are pretty normal....

and DUDE.... southern hospitality baby :D

we would have such a great time
  • acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    i found the following post in the Red Mosquito Forum:

EmPiReTilL12 wrote

well i know the rumors about a possible 07 tour. these are dates i got via email from a friend with "good connections"
    7/30 New York
    7/31 New York
    8/2 Pennsylvania
    8/3 Ohio (Columbus?)
    8/5 Chicago
    8/7 VA (Charlottesville?)
    8/8 NC
    8/10 FL
    8/11 FL
    8/13 Atlanta
    8/14 Nashville
    8/16 St. Louis
    8/17 Kansas City
    8/19 Salt Lake City
    8/21 Seattle
  • hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    do people from the south *really* think that PJ hasn't played the south because of politics?
    acidfuel wrote:
    i found the following post in the Red Mosquito Forum:

EmPiReTilL12 wrote

well i know the rumors about a possible 07 tour. these are dates i got via email from a friend with "good connections"
    7/30 New York
    7/31 New York
    8/2 Pennsylvania
    8/3 Ohio (Columbus?)
    8/5 Chicago
    8/7 VA (Charlottesville?)
    8/8 NC
    8/10 FL
    8/11 FL
    8/13 Atlanta
    8/14 Nashville
    8/16 St. Louis
    8/17 Kansas City
    8/19 Salt Lake City
    8/21 Seattle

great, now this thread is gonna be locked or deleted