***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    hsewif wrote:
    do people from the south *really* think that PJ hasn't played the south because of politics?

dude who knows.....

its a frigging conspiracy .... man
  • hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    dude who knows.....

its a frigging conspiracy .... man

I hear you buddy...
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    dangerboy wrote:
    you know a guy who knows a guy in another state who knows a guy that says "X"? c'mon man. you'll take that over liz burns? god, we're desperate....

this is just too much

i haven't posted in this thread in 3 days. i was going to wait for jtr's post today, but now i've had enough.

late last summer when it became apparent that they weren't announcing any more american dates, i started bugging my guys for info. i was told, summarily and without any hesitation, that there would be no southern dates in 06. by people i've known for decades and who have never, ever been wrong. and they weren't.

i started posting in this thread with that full knowledge. i never really expected any shows here, but i don't know, i guess i thought maybe we could get their attention, maybe get them to tell us to wait til spring, or get them to tell us to just drop it cuz it ain't gonna happen.

since then, it's been the same answer from my guys at least once a month. "nope". this appears to be common knowledge amongst the pearl jam camp. and there's not been a single hint that they were even thinking about it. just the opposite, actually.

i know, it's my own fault for buying in, but i'm tired of the roller coaster. hope. hope dashed. hope regained. hope redashed. trying to figure out if there's any cryptic meaning in every single word uttered by tim or kat or sea or santos or stone to some girl outside a radio station or mike at a ccfa event.

there's no hidden meanings, y'all. maybe they're trying to be nice, i guess, by not saying it outright. but their intent is clear. they're not playing here. it's personal, apparently, and they're not doing it anytime soon. i don't know exactly what the fuck is up their asses, but it fucking sucks, that's for sure.

but it ISN'T ticket sales. they don't sell any fewer tickets on average here than anywhere else. nobody can prove that they do. shows in other areas of the country went un-sold-out. 10,000 in cleveland is 10,000 in atlanta. but i digress...

whatever their fucking problem with the south is, we, the INNOCENT BYSTANDERS, the fans, the people who buy their cd's and bootlegs by the dozens and posters till our spouses are pissed off and t shirts and concert tickets....WE ARE BEING FUCKED. they can't seriously have a problem with us, the fans, can they? even if they hate the south in general, what about those of us who love them and SUPPORT THEM NOT JUST WITH WORDS AND ACTIONS< BUT WITH MONEY, AND SHITLOADS OF IT?

i, for one, am fucking tired of being strung along. by the band, by the 10c, by jtr (whose motives may very well be altruistic, but whose methods are maddening. i actually never posted anything about what my guys were telling me until i'd been posting in this thread for months. i was too worried about killing people's buzz. i am of the opinion that jtr should never have said anything until it was a done deal. recipe for catastrophe, imho...but then again, i went along with it, too, hoping against hope that maybe they actually were working on something for later this year, and that maybe there actually was info that my guys didn't know yet because, since it wasn't a done deal, they wouldn't care yet).....everybody. it's just bullshit and i've had enough.

there's just no reasonable explanation for the fact that nearly one year and 11,500 posts later that nobody from anywhere has seen this thread and bothered to tell us anything, even if it's "NO". we've begged, pleaded, planted trees, fended off innumerable ignorant attacks from other board members, pleaded, begged, planted more trees, petitioned, petitioned, petitioned, and did i mention begged? tell us no or to cool our jets and wait. nothing. crickets. the roaring silence. it's deafening....

so, i've had it. i'm done with stating my case. done with begging and pleading and kissing ass. it's gotten us nowhere.

i feel, as a pearl jam fan, totally disrespected. like having a girlfriend break up with you, but never telling you. you're just left twisting in the wind. phone calls and emails go unanswered. she doesn't tell you it's over, and you never find out why. you don't even hear it from someplace else. it's not until eventually you are FORCED into the realization that she didn't bother to even tell you to fuck off on her way out. this is worse than just hearing that you're ugly, or that your breath stinks, or that you suck in bed. at least you know, and you can deal with it going forward...

this is the way i feel. i can't understand it. i've been in the 10c for 12 or 13 years. i've spent thousands, no THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars on this band. i've planned life events around them. i've actively promoted them from INSIDE the rock radio business for 15 fucking years.....

and they didn't even bother to tell me to "fuck off" on their way out, or why they were leaving. and honestly, it hurts.

and i just can't take it anymore.

i hate to admit it, but this whole situation has made me question what the hell i was thinking all this time. was i stupid? why do i give them this much power in my life? why don't they care? why don't they have enough respect for me, for US to at least say SOMETHING? ANYTHING? what did I do wrong?

it's sad, but i feel like i've lost something in the relationship i had with pearl jam. yeah, i'm sure i'll jump on the first chance i get to see them...i can't exactly turn off or erase 15 years of my life....but it won't be the same as it used to be. my feelings for them have always been pure. now, i feel as if i have to be skeptical, cynical, distrusting.....and i'm sad because of it. i don't like feeling this way. i don't want to feel this way.

but, i don't think it matters to them.

and that would mean that they're not who and what i thought they were.

and it hits like a fist to the jaw

if they ever do decide to grace our pathetic little corner of hell with their presence, i hope one of you will start a thread for a get-together of some kind. i've really enjoyed all the conversations we've had here...y'all are some cool people who would have loved to have seen a pearl jam show with...

signed,

disillusioned and disrespected in the south

EVERYTHING he said.......thanks for doing that, you brilliantly said everything (99% anyway) that I've been thinking over the past few days. I mean, I'm not in radio but pretty much everything you said rings true......I'm checking out. I hope it happens and we can all celebrate but I'm so not counting on it.
    Heart has been broken for at least the third time in a year, that's quite enough!
    Peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    hsewif wrote:
    If/when PJ plays the south... I am going to make a t-shirt celebrating tybird. 1800+ posts for your cause???

Outstanding!!! I hope it happens.

:)
    I feel honored.....but it has been a team effort.
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    tybird wrote:
    I feel honored.....but it has been a team effort.
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

my parents are looking at property in central Alabama....my dad's blood. They HATE bush, too. :)

Long live the south.

• primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    WOW!!! Some of you need to take a chill pill. Sounds like your entire lives revolve around what PJ is and isn't doing. There is life outside of 5 regular guys in Seattle. So on that note, PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH IN '07!!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    pathorses wrote:
    EVERYTHING he said.......thanks for doing that, you brilliantly said everything (99% anyway) that I've been thinking over the past few days. I mean, I'm not in radio but pretty much everything you said rings true......I'm checking out. I hope it happens and we can all celebrate but I'm so not counting on it.
    Heart has been broken for at least the third time in a year, that's quite enough!
    Peace,
    Pat

I kinda feel the same way about it.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    despite some of the bad news posted here lately...I still think there is hope for shows in the south for 2007. Does anyone honestly think they will play lolla and no other shows at all in the US? I would think they will, at minimum, play a handful of shows around the time of lolla. Don't give up now people.

Hopefully, JTR will tell us about the bat wings and bring some good news.

Play the South.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Good Morning all,I am still work on my plans.To be honest with you.And you don't have to listen to me but.I don't think we will see them here in 2007.Let's try my plan:get a PJ cover band down here,Have one hell of a party/PJ Fan meet up,Do some fundrasing at the same time.It is PJ MUSICthat got us here in the first place.lets stop worrying about seeing ED,MIKE,STONE,JEFF and MATT.(for now) Let's put all of this energy into doing something really good and have fun at the same time.P.S. The media loves that kind of shit. And then Pj will notice us.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Please play the South...
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I found out yesterday that my store is closing down where I work so i'm gonna be laid off in 8 weeks :( I really need some good news today....
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    yield2me wrote:
    I found out yesterday that my store is closing down where I work so i'm gonna be laid off in 8 weeks :( I really need some good news today....

sorry

i hope you find something bigger and better

play the south pearl jam!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    hsewif wrote:
    do people from the south *really* think that PJ hasn't played the south because of politics?

NO

i refuse to believe that they would decide never to set foot in the south again based on red states and blue states.

stereotypes suck.

please play the south, or just tell us you're not coming back so we can get over it already.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    stoneg wrote:
    Good Morning all,I am still work on my plans.To be honest with you.And you don't have to listen to me but.I don't think we will see them here in 2007.Let's try my plan:get a PJ cover band down here,Have one hell of a party/PJ Fan meet up,Do some fundrasing at the same time.It is PJ MUSICthat got us here in the first place.lets stop worrying about seeing ED,MIKE,STONE,JEFF and MATT.(for now) Let's put all of this energy into doing something really good and have fun at the same time.P.S. The media loves that kind of shit. And then Pj will notice us.

I like your idea. I just wish we would get a definitive answer from the PJ machine...yes or no. But meanwhile, a party would be cool. And I think it should be broadcast as "Not For You Tour" - that is brilliant. And, it should be marketed outside of this forum (to raise funds!!) too, the more the merrier. Involve the media... show Pearl Jam that we can live without them (for a while longer at least) - fuck 'em.

Hswif: I don't think pearl jam avoided the south because of the last presidential election... I think it was money/market driven to tour the North & Europe first and they ran out of steam (or personal life interfered) before they got to us. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they put us off until closer to the next presidential election in hopes of influencing us.
    Leathermandi: I want to join your peace train!! you crack me up. (which I resent - but feel we should target the young voters to register and vote their conscience)

And if Pearl Jam skips us in future tours, I will lose all respect for them, It will be over.

Gotta go to the dentist now ...

Hey, where's JTR and those damn bat wings?

the South abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    pathorses wrote:
    20 months?? How do you come up with that math.....? Help a sister out, please.

Sorry....the rest of this year and next year...that would be 20 months right....I think so. Anyways I think they will tour down here within that time frame
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    hsewif wrote:
    my parents are looking at property in central Alabama....my dad's blood. They HATE bush, too. :)

Long live the south.

Where exactly in central Alabama?

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Looks like I could be singing....Kansas City Here I Come....that would be great. If they play lolla I think they will play elsewhere just like the article said.

Peace
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Play the South?
    Play the South?
    Play the South?
    Play the South?
    Play the South?
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    Oh please won't you....

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    i still think i should play you guys some songs....

then you could follow me around... and check it out....I WOULD ACTUALLY PLAY THE SOUTH :D i suck, but... least i want leave your bootie in the wind :D

Clint,

really loving the party idea!!!! You are so awesome :) Let me know if theres anything i can help out with.
    i still think i should play you guys some songs....

then you could follow me around... and check it out....I WOULD ACTUALLY PLAY THE SOUTH :D i suck, but... least i want leave your bootie in the wind :D

Clint,

really loving the party idea!!!! You are so awesome :) Let me know if theres anything i can help out with.
    We never got an answer on the performing topless question, or did we? ;)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    OK things are under way on my end.We need to vote on a charity to fundraise for.Any Suggestions?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    my southern freinds.....positive vibes......Pj has confirmed nothing...nothing....so with Chicago article....things are still looking good.

I do really like the idea of hiring a cover band....get together and have a party....hell get a radio station to cover it....some creative marketing....and we would send a message to the fellas. Just do it on a Saturday night..and I'm there. Will get there....reagardless of location.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    stoneg wrote:
    OK things are under way on my end.We need to vote on a charity to fundraise for.Any Suggestions?

CCFA is always supported by Pearl Jam.
    Voter registration - getting the word out to youth

the South abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

yield2me wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that... how is the employment market in your area?... I know every manufacterer down here is hurting to find skilled labor. Hell, we'll take unskilled and train... just need some folks who want to work. Unfortunately, cost of living has been rising and is diminishing our worforce housing. Catch-22. sucks.

HEY! We can use some good news down here....

the South abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

stoneg wrote:

childrens miracle...
    (and anything else child related)
    cancer?

i have alot of friends who are involved with tons of charities ect..

ill give them a holler ;)
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~