***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Love. I Know It's All Been Said Before. All We Need, Is Love, Love , Love Love.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I am a realist too.I just don't need your smart assed comments.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    stoneg wrote:
    I am a realist too.I just don't need your smart assed comments.

I love you G
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    NCBRI wrote:
    You don't have to worry about tybird. He aint no rat! Even when Michael Madsen poured gasoline on him, cut his ear off and started playing the song "Stuck in the Middle With You". Thought he'd sing like a canary, but he didn't see. He won't crack see. He's good people.

BTW all you people with sources...........when do we get our dirty little hands on the next installment of Pearl Jam on DVD?

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    until tomorrow
    You call this pain!!!!! :D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Play The South!!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    JTR wrote:
    So, after making some phone calls (and I don't have anything to do with 10C):

1. Everything is good. This is everyone's favorite thread - especially all of the characters.

2. LeatherMandi, SPALMA has it right. Need to stick to Pearl Jam ideas. The concern is that it is becoming a CHAT ROOM. No need for that - we are so much more creative than to resort to silly chat.

3. But, like a good novel, this world of Play The South has its twists and turns.

4. AT LEAST WE'RE NOT EDDIE STALKERS like "Ed still in NY". In fact, this is a really decent group of people. NCBRI did have a little personality failure this morning and that IS what triggered this.

You have my word that if it is not announced by the end of the month, I will post the list here!

Now about those bat wings. Even Kat doesn't know where they went????

So I take it that you won't be posting a list by the end of the month? Like somebody said, don't say it if you don't mean it.....I recall a similar promise in February. I think we're better off without promises that can't be kept. I know we're all in this together...........so please don't jump the gun. I'm already over it (almost.....)
    Peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    stoneg, you really should edit your last couple posts. Stuff like this is what gets threads locked. Please remember why we are here: PLAY THE SOUTH!!!
    Sorry Dad.Play The South!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    wow, people are really getting pissed off now and i guess i'm one of them. this thread is almost a year old, and here we sit with NOTHING that is official from the 10 Club.

"that's rigoddamdiculous".

(name that movie JTR)

and why make us wait another day for the bat wings? that shit has gotten way old. and i say that with all due respect ;-)
    Just a little bump...in the night.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    My daily beg/bump for the South. Still faithful, sad, but still faithful. Play the South!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    Dollpartz wrote:
    wow, people are really getting pissed off now and i guess i'm one of them. this thread is almost a year old, and here we sit with NOTHING that is official from the 10 Club.

"that's rigoddamdiculous".

(name that movie JTR)

and why make us wait another day for the bat wings? that shit has gotten way old. and i say that with all due respect ;-)
    Hey Mary,
    If we don't get a tour.We will get something really cool together.I have a plan.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    why the f is everyone picking on us?

why does the thread "have" to be exactly as the title is (im sure 99.9 percent of threads on here, become something completely different that what it was (even though the the south thread has barely lost its purpose, same ball field, different base)

i think i speak for every body when i say

stop busting OUR FUCKING BALLS.
    why the f is everyone picking on us?

why does the thread "have" to be exactly as the title is (im sure 99.9 percent of threads on here, become something completely different that what it was (even though the the south thread has barely lost its purpose, same ball field, different base)

i think i speak for every body when i say

stop busting OUR FUCKING BALLS.

Preach it sister!!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    stoneg wrote:
    Hey Mary,
    If we don't get a tour.We will get something really cool together.I have a plan.

sounds like a great idea to me, interested in hearing whatcha got in mind!

leathermandi cracks me the fuck up :-)

oh, and i do declare, where are my manners....play the south, please! ;-)
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    I'm going to bed. Got German boy, he's cute.

goodnight.

the south abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    SPALMA wrote:
    I'm going to bed. Got German boy, he's cute.

goodnight.

the south abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

That's great, glad you got the German exchange student and cute is good!

PLAY THE SOUTH IN 2007, THE GERMAN BOY NEEDS TO BE THERE!!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    pathorses wrote:
    That's great, glad you got the German exchange student and cute is good!

PLAY THE SOUTH IN 2007, THE GERMAN BOY NEEDS TO BE THERE!!!

I understand why people are a little frustrated but I don't think an attack on JTR is warranted. He has been a positive contributor to this thread and has at least provided some hope.

Remember, hope is a good thing.

Play the South! (and mix in a date in Grand Rapids if you feel like it)
  • Well since several sources within the concert industry have confirmed PJ to play Lolla, I gotta believe they are planning some sort of a tour. They aren't gonna pack up all the gear and send all the crew out to Chicago for one show. I don't see that happening. I believe they currently have dates on hold at several venues but have yet to confirm and commit to the tour yet.

when you feel all hope is lost, please read this post... and go over to billboard where they broke the lolla news...primussucks has stated the most logical course that we will see pj take this summer... sure the tenclub has yet to comment on lolla, but i for one have been following jim derogatis (Chicago Sun Times reporter, wrote the lolla article) for a long time, he WOULD NOT write that if he wasn't 100% sure of it, also jonathan cohen has been covering pj on billboard for a long time, he would not jump the gun without confirming

I posted this in a lolla thread yesterday, should have thrown it in here for you guys as well

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid%3A456773

"Capital Sports & Entertainment will wait until next month to announce this year's Lollapalooza lineup, President Charlie Jones told TCB backstage at Wednesday's Austin Music Awards. "It's booked, but there's just too much going on," he said. Go ahead and cross Rage Against the Machine off the guess list. "It's downtown Chicago," Jones smiled. "We have an agreement with the city. We don't want to light it on fire." One huge Nineties alt band is atop the bill, and no, it's not Nirvana..."

jtr, thanks for posting what you can, I respect that you respect your sources while trying to fill us all in on what you can, in doing so you may have gotten people's hopes up, but that is our fault, not your responsibility

stoneg... thanks for clearing up your source. I apologize if I came off as pushy and skeptical, but after hundreds of posts on this board claiming to have heard something, and you know how 99% off the end up... it gets old after a while, when i post news or the like here i make sure i can present it so others can see whats on the table, I too have heard things regarding pj's summer plans, and know people close to the band in one way or another, but i chose not to risk getting people's hopes up by posting them here. Sooo as one fan to another thanks! for sharing with us what you heard

as a final thought... in 2004 if I remember correctly the Boston shows were announced in august, maybe july (sooo long ago), in 2005 they announced the canadian tour towards the end of april for a september start, 2006 they announced the tour in early march for the tour starting in may, leaving two months between announcement and tour starting...so it's a total crapshoot here, having no news as of today, march 20th means absolutely nothing (disregarding all that has come to light in this thread)... using 2006 planning logic we could have "possible" dates late as september, but using 2006 as an example we could have dates in the work for early as mid may

one more thought...as somebody else stated, and considering the current state of communication between the fanclub and its members, i seriously doubt that anybody within the bands management would comment on the prospect alone of a southern/summer tour...sadly (this is coming from a northerner) the way they announced the shows last year combined with the fact that after a year's worth of dedicated support and some 11,000 or so posts this thread has yet to be addressed by the band, if they are indeed working on a tour, which i believe to be the case, they will announce it when every last detail has been worked out and finalized, but until then i just don't see them making any announcement about their intentions for the summer

PLAY THE SOUTH

PS. check out the new modest mouse record, it rocks... now i know why johnny marr was in portland last summer
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    when you feel all hope is lost, please read this post... and go over to billboard where they broke the lolla news...primussucks has stated the most logical course that we will see pj take this summer... sure the tenclub has yet to comment on lolla, but i for one have been following jim derogatis (Chicago Sun Times reporter, wrote the lolla article) for a long time, he WOULD NOT write that if he wasn't 100% sure of it, also jonathan cohen has been covering pj on billboard for a long time, he would not jump the gun without confirming

I posted this in a lolla thread yesterday, should have thrown it in here for you guys as well

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid%3A456773

"Capital Sports & Entertainment will wait until next month to announce this year's Lollapalooza lineup, President Charlie Jones told TCB backstage at Wednesday's Austin Music Awards. "It's booked, but there's just too much going on," he said. Go ahead and cross Rage Against the Machine off the guess list. "It's downtown Chicago," Jones smiled. "We have an agreement with the city. We don't want to light it on fire." One huge Nineties alt band is atop the bill, and no, it's not Nirvana..."

jtr, thanks for posting what you can, I respect that you respect your sources while trying to fill us all in on what you can, in doing so you may have gotten people's hopes up, but that is our fault, not your responsibility

stoneg... thanks for clearing up your source. I apologize if I came off as pushy and skeptical, but after hundreds of posts on this board claiming to have heard something, and you know how 99% off the end up... it gets old after a while, when i post news or the like here i make sure i can present it so others can see whats on the table, I too have heard things regarding pj's summer plans, and know people close to the band in one way or another, but i chose not to risk getting people's hopes up by posting them here. Sooo as one fan to another thanks! for sharing with us what you heard

as a final thought... in 2004 if I remember correctly the Boston shows were announced in august, maybe july (sooo long ago), in 2005 they announced the canadian tour towards the end of april for a september start, 2006 they announced the tour in early march for the tour starting in may, leaving two months between announcement and tour starting...so it's a total crapshoot here, having no news as of today, march 20th means absolutely nothing (disregarding all that has come to light in this thread)... using 2006 planning logic we could have "possible" dates late as september, but using 2006 as an example we could have dates in the work for early as mid may

one more thought...as somebody else stated, and considering the current state of communication between the fanclub and its members, i seriously doubt that anybody within the bands management would comment on the prospect alone of a southern/summer tour...sadly (this is coming from a northerner) the way they announced the shows last year combined with the fact that after a year's worth of dedicated support and some 11,000 or so posts this thread has yet to be addressed by the band, if they are indeed working on a tour, which i believe to be the case, they will announce it when every last detail has been worked out and finalized, but until then i just don't see them making any announcement about their intentions for the summer

PLAY THE SOUTH

PS. check out the new modest mouse record, it rocks... now i know why johnny marr was in portland last summer

I agree with everything you are saying here. I consider things business as usual. We don't know if anything will happen and we have never known if anything will happen. I also agree that management would not let slip anything unless every last detail was finalized. I think it goes back to the whole "trust" theme. In this case between the band and all those who work withing their camp. This thread is no secret and all parties know that any leaks will probably be on here just like that. This fact could temper their responses when asked questions. Then again we all may be over analyzing. We just have to wait and see if something shakes out. We have no alternative! After all, in the grand scheme of life, this is peanuts.
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    And stop worrying about the content of your posts. Once again, the mods only made one post and that was in direct response to a nasty post I made and one or two responses to it. That was 100% the correct move on their part and they had to react to keep the thread from going off in that direction.

Cheer up. Stay faithfull The South.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    so we can rock n' roll all night..........and part of every day
    Brian
    Trying to keep the faith in the south.And hope I GET MY SINGLE TODAY.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Wow, seems we have come full circle since yesterday... and in the end, we sit here waiting...

I just want to hear about those damn monkey wings...or was it lizard wings?

the south abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    It looks like I picked a good time to take a few days off from the board. Still no news though :(

Play the South.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    SPALMA wrote:
    Wow, seems we have come full circle since yesterday... and in the end, we sit here waiting...

the south abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Wow the boys must be big Wizard of Oz fans to put monkey wings on their amp ;)
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    I'd like to suggest that we discontinue the uplifting of individuals to pedestal status. We are all equals here. How many times you've posted, when you started posting and who or what you know is unimportant. Ego can be a separatist force.

Let's keep to the reason we started here a year ago and dismiss the innuendo, privileged communication and icon statuses.

We are all one thing, DEVOTED TO PJ.
    We all want one thing, - the band to play the South.
    Anything else is counterproductive.

JMO

~Play the South sometime~
    SOON!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    SPALMA wrote:

the south abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    It was Bat Wings.I hope we all get the good news we went to hear.PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    I have to go to work again. So I will talk to you all later.Peace and Keep the faith.JTR I hope your meeting goes well.Please some good news is all we are looking for.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'